A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christ-Centered Christmas Swap sendout by 12/5 Just Extended to 12/8  (Read 12329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2009 08:13:04 PM »

Just a friendly reminder:
Communication is so important to a successful swap. If you are in touch with your partner, from time to time, people feel less anxious! If life has you spinning circles around yourself, please let your partner know.
This swap was intended to be fun and easy. Your main project shouldn't take more than a few short hours. (Anywhere from 2-4 hrs. , but more is ok)   If you haven't contacted your partner yet, please do so.
She may need some input for her projects!
Thanks everyone!
In His Love, Karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2009 04:49:04 PM »

I trekked up to the big Joann's today ... and saved $15 with various coupons - most were from Michael's!  (For those who don't know, you can use Michael's coupons at Joann's and Joann's at Michael's ... the difference is that at Joann's you can use multiple 40% off coupons in one go, where Michael's only lets you use one at a time.)  So yay for coupons.

I've spent the last few hours crafting!  And to get me in the spirit, I put on Christmas carols.  Is anyone else getting into the spirit by listening to carols yet?  Or am I the only one? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2009 05:18:37 PM »

I'm not listening to Christmas music yet but I'm amazed how many people have their trees up and outside lights on, for my part of the world it's very early.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2009 05:25:14 PM »

I agree - it is early, even though I always listen to Christmas carols before Thanksgiving, it's even early for me.  And I've seen a bunch of trees already, not to mention all the decorations in the shopping centers (are we skipping Thanksgiving this year?) I don't decorate until after Thanksgiving ... I wonder if everyone needs a bit of holiday spirit and happiness this year so people are getting in the mood earlier?  (I know the stores are just trying to extend their season!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2009 05:37:22 PM »

I haven't started listening to Christmas Carols yet, but I did talk Mom into baking an early turkey today! I can't believe how fast this year is winding up!  I'll probably really get in the Christmas Spirit right after Thanksgiving.
I really love all the Christmas movies that come on while I'm crafting or sewing. But, this year I'm at Mom's, and she doesn't have the T.V. on cable. It looks like it'll be more library movies! However, I do have a couple of nice CD's.
   Reminder... we aren't allowed to send music copies to each other. They must be original copies, as purchased. Just like with the craft books and patterns. You can send the actual book or pattern, just not a copy. It will set  up Craftster for legal problems. Thanks everyone for remembering this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2009 07:07:05 PM »

There are two radio stations in the Detroit area that start playing 100% Christmas music on November 1st. The only real problem with it is that so many of the songs are kind of crass.  If they were all nice arrangements of good Christmas carols, I'd probably listen to it more, but after a while, I get sick of "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus," "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas," and my least favorite, "Santa Baby."  Once a year would be enough for me for any of those songs.

I'm looking forward to when my church starts playing Christmas songs (I think they do it starting the first Sunday of December).  I memorized lots of Christmas songs when I was a kid, but we didn't go to church, so I don't have as many hymns memorized (there are about two that I know all the verses).

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009 07:10:40 PM by Muria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Avalon_Princes27
Teenage Stitch Witch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2009 08:08:02 PM »

I saw Disney's A Christmas Carol the other day, it's one of my favourite fairy tales and it actually ends happily, a trait Dickens is not exactly well known for. It was an amazingly well done movie, though I'd question it's suitability for children...

I've also had one Christmas song going through my head since LAST Christmas, I don't know the whole song but it goes like

Christmas is Coming
The Church is glad to sing
and let the Advent candles brightly burn in a ring

The first is for Christ's promise
To put the wrong things right
To bring to Earth's darkness
The Hope of Love and light

Christmas is Coming
The Church is glad to sing
and let the Advent candles brightly burn in a ring

The second for the prophets... and I don't know the rest

Hmm I need to start crafting, I've got supplies etc (okay I just raided mine and my Mum's stash) but I need to start making things. Hmmm might start tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2009 09:08:15 PM »

I have been singing Christmas songs for several weeks now.  Only because I am on the praise team at my church and we have to practice our songs for a while before singing them on Sunday mornings.  I have heard a few Christmas song already on the radio.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malbert
The Mad Seamstress

My shoulder hurts from sewing... but I cant stop!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2009 06:32:35 AM »

Wow, life has gotten busy but looking forward to craft time has been such an encouragement!  And to get to craft Jesus centered Christmas stuff has been such a joy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafts make us feel rooted, give us a sense of belonging and connect us with our history.  Our ancestors used to create these crafts out of necessity, and now we do them for fun... to express ourselves.
 ~ Phyllis George

So why buy what you can craft?  Smiley
SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2009 09:53:20 AM »

We have a radio station here that has already been playing Christmas songs too.  But, like the ones Muria was talking about, the songs arent very good and the play the same 20 over and over again.  My kids start practicing for Christmas choir next weekend.  It will be my daughter's last year Cry.  Cant believe she has grown so fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mostly Good Girls Book Trailer
Lauren Strasnick Talks About Her and Me and You
Scott Westerfeld Talks About Working with an Illustrator
Mireille Giuliano Talks About Women, Work and the Art of Savoir Faire
Dr. Herbert Benson Talks About Relaxation Revolution
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...