A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: GAGALICIOUS-- Lady gaga's "lovegame" costume (pic heavy!)  (Read 12056 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , lady_gaga , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jt
« on: November 01, 2009 08:59:49 PM »

Hello everyone, happy halloween from the little island of singapore!

This is my first post! I made my costume from scratch, and without a pattern, technically because I'm a self-taught sewer and I don't actually know how to use one yet, eeps |: haha.

Well anyways, this year, I went as Lady Gaga! She was a first choice from the beginning because she's always already in all these wacky outfits which I already love, and what better time than halloween to wear one? I picked the one with the disco stick because it was most identifiable. Tried to look for ideas online on how to make one, but I didn't manage to find much, so most of it I had to figure out, and took me AGES to figure out how to make the dress. Hopefully it looks like the original.

Anyways, here it is!

Here's a closeup first, with part of the dress, and the disco stick! It was actually supposed to be made from white crystals, but I didn't manage to find them in time, so I used rock sugar instead. yes, sugar. people were trying to eat it all night. and they're brown cause I didn't have white. haha. made from a steel pipe, silver duct tape, a water bottle, a torchlight, and abovementioned sugar. I don't know if you can tell, but it actually lights up/glows.

Whole outfit. Dress made by me, using cloth, eyelets, aluminium foil, cardboard, and wire to hold the sides up. I wanted to cover the triangle bits in silver cloth originally, but couldn't find the exact one i wanted, so hopefully this works? mirrored shades made by me as well, gloves, stockings, and booties i already owned. Also wearing a leotard and shorts underneath.

my friend also dropped my disco stick, so sadly, the head's tilting over. haha.

Here are close-up pictures of the back, since I didn't manage to take any with me in it:

stitching at the side

Close-up of mirrored shades, made with a pair of shades I already own, duct tape, and tiny mirrors deconstructed from an old disco ball.

More pictures of the night:

My friend started yelling at me to do a proper gaga pose, so i wound up with this whilst trying not to laugh.

We found a drunk guy on the street and he asked us to pick him up so we did. but he kept attempting to use my leg as support, and i don't fancy being touched by random strangers, so I decided to leave my friend the cop to it. Pebbles (from the flintstones) then started taking pictures, and I tried to "kill" him with my disco stick, gaga style, it was hilarious.

here's pebbles! i made her costume as well.

discovered another gaga so we grabbed a picture together.

top of disco stick at the end of the night.

Finally, here's the inspiration.

Credits to http://media.hollyscoop.com/Images/PGImages/53683326---lady_gaga.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my first post! If you could comment I would totally appreciate it. Thanks for reading!   ♥ ♥ ♥

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Megzy818
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009 09:10:05 PM »

this is great and your pictures made me laugh Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
lolaforpresident
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009 10:19:32 PM »

I have no idea what your costume is based on, but you put it together very well. It looks like you had a great time too Cheesy

I off to google lafy gaga and then perhaps get some desperately needed sleep.

Thanks for posting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jt
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009 08:28:48 AM »

Thanks for your comments! haha megzy818, I'm glad they did! Smiley and lolaforpresident, ah i did have a great time, hope you managed to get your rest! lady gaga's a current pop culture icon who dresses in all these outrageous outfits, and has some fantastic songs. kind of like the future madonna. haha. well that's kind of to sum it up. hope google worked as well )though doesn't it always. (: ) thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009 09:42:04 PM »

That looks awesome! I entirely would have recognized it. I think it's the shades that really pull the whole recognition together, though I'm totally impressed with the use of tin foil in the dress. Nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shake 4: Simple Rig Removal
Shake 4: Using Plates
Shake 4.1: Tracking
How to Sketch a Portrait in Photoshop
The Gimp: How to Create Simple Water Reflections
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...