A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "MEEEDICCC!" A TF2 inspired Halloween. *Pic HEAVY*  (Read 40080 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sweet_Sylvia
« on: November 01, 2009 01:59:58 PM »

EDIT: AHHHHH!  My bandwidth has exceeded on photobucket!!! Please be patient while I try and find somewhere else to put these photos!

OKAY!, I guess that'll work for now. >_<

After months of changing her mind, my daughter finally decided what she wanted to be for Halloween.

A Medic, from the game Team Fortress 2.

We also have a one year old little girl, and she couldn't be left out, so we decided that she could be the Heavy.

If you are completely lost, visit here http://www.teamfortress.com/ and then go buy the game and experience some of the best online gaming I have ever played. ^__^

Both girls had a really fun time and I had a GREAT time making both of these costumes. Everything was altered even a little bit(dying the pants a darker grey and painting the boots and shirts) But my piece de resistance would have to be my eldest's Medi-Gun.

If you have any questions about the costumes, I would be happy to assist you!

Oh and here's a video of my daughter before the costume was completed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh_ZL91IJeY

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009 09:06:55 AM by Sweet_Sylvia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Automaton J.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009 07:43:22 PM »

This is pretty much the cutest post I've ever seen on Craftster. And the costumes are really good too!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BoomerBile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009 10:37:58 PM »

This is made of so much WIN!
You daughter is adorable and makes a great Medic.
I love how the gun actually heals the Heavy <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sweet_Sylvia
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009 01:31:11 PM »

Thank you all so much! I have a feeling there aren't too many big gamers on here, but I'm glad that those who know it appreciate it ^_^. Thank you again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rheatheylia

...I think I could make one of those...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009 07:27:38 PM »

Words can't express how awesome these costumes are, and how awesome your daughter is for wanting to be a medic! I might be a little biased since I play medic, lol. Plus kudos on the medic/heavy combo, lots of people think medic/demo is the way to go, but it's medic/heavy all the way, then again I might be a little biased since my husband is a super awesome heavy  Grin
Great costumes, love the medigun beam with the crosses, and the stuffed Sasha (or is it a stuffed Natasha?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns
Crochet Patterns, hats and amigurumi
Sweet_Sylvia
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009 09:30:32 PM »

Words can't express how awesome these costumes are, and how awesome your daughter is for wanting to be a medic! I might be a little biased since I play medic, lol. Plus kudos on the medic/heavy combo, lots of people think medic/demo is the way to go, but it's medic/heavy all the way, then again I might be a little biased since my husband is a super awesome heavy  Grin
Great costumes, love the medigun beam with the crosses, and the stuffed Sasha (or is it a stuffed Natasha?)

Hahah thanks so much! I personally prefer a Medic/Soldier most of the time but Medic/Heavy is traditionally the way to go I think. (I play medic as well) And she is a Sasha, and my 4 year old loved it more that the baby did I think, she's slept with it every night since halloween! hah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ahoy Sailor!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009 10:53:58 PM »

OMFG!!!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! I love this game so much. your kiddos look so cute in their costumes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sweet_Sylvia
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009 09:07:44 AM »

Awww thank you! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kasha808
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009 02:32:34 AM »

I don't know this game at all.  But I just had to tell you that your kids are sooooo cute!!!!  And they look so adorable in their costumes.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eirle

Ph.D. complete. Back to crafting!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009 09:29:15 PM »

My husband was looking over my shoulder as I looked at your pictures and said, "Is she a medic from Team Fortress 2?? Does that mean her sister is a Heavy?? She's charging her up!! That's awesome!"

So, I know nothing about the game, but I thought you'd like to know that the costumes were *very* recognizable. (And adorable. I know that much.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dare to Dream. Dare to believe in what is possible and instill in others the same sense of possibility." -C. Fiorina 2004
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prevent Sewing a Button on Too Tightly
How to Prevent a Ball of Yarn from Getting Tangled
How to Crochet: Hook Size and Chaining
How to Make Incense
How to Make Disappearing Ink
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...