A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,198
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 52 - DONE  (Read 31212 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunspotted
« on: November 01, 2009 10:12:05 AM »

PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE JOINING SWAP

Organizers: sunspotted and TwiztidBlood

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*: When sending PMs, please label them as OWS 52 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

So when sending the questionnaire, the subject will read OWS 52 Approval. When notifying us about sending and receiving packages, add the corresponding tag. If you just have a general question, label it as that. This will keep things organized for us!
When sending a sent/received PM, please include the 'Send by' date so my craziness will stay at a minimum.

Qualifications to Join

To join this round you must be cleared in all Ongoing Wish list Swaps through Round 49
(except for international delivery).  You also cannot join this swap if you are currently late in Round 50 or 51.
Do not join this swap if you are late in other swaps.  Please make those swaps your priority.

There will no longer be items allowed that are not craft or supply related, if you have questions please let us know

Swap Info

Swap name: Ongoing Wish list Swap 52
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: sunspotted
Craftster members who will take over swap if organizer leaves: TwiztidBlood
Sign-up date range: 11/01 - 11/30 2009
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after wish is granted
Limited to a certain number of people?: NO
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes
You must be over 16 years of age.  If you are under 18 (but over 16) be sure that:
A)   you have your parents permission (youll be using their address OR a P.O. Box)
B)   you have access to a computer where you can keep in contact (i.e. if you get grounded from a home computer, you can use the one at the library/friends/etc.)
C)   you are able to walk/get a ride to the post office ON TIME
D)   you have enough supplies or funds to purchase supplies needed to create awesome crafted items

Organizer Notes and Stuff

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants
- Is at least 18 years old

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap

All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE UNLESS YOU PM ME AND I ADD YOU TO THE LIST!

***PLEASE! Do not claim someone while waiting for approval!*** You may claim as soon as you get approval confirmation.

Anyone watching this thread who thinks they might be interested in participating at a later time is VERY welcome to PM me answering the swap questions now...then you can participate whenever you want.  Please have a wish list prepared BEFORE you start swapping, it makes things much easier!

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to the organizer.  Please have the title of your PM be the name of the swap.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 52
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Your mailing address:
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
( If not then you will not be approved )
A medium item is the following-
A craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete.
Or
20$ worth of Store Bought Items ( If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new )
Are you willing to post a photo of the item/s you receive or have the person who sent to you post of the photo for you?
Your List must be created in the following format
Crafts
Craft Supplies
Extras
Do you agree to follow this?
(There will no longer be items allowed that are not craft or supply related, if you have questions please let us know)
Are you a Friend of Craftster?
Have you been a Swap Angel (with proof in profile)?
Are you willing to ship outside of your country?
If you are willing to ship outside your country? (You MUST be willing to ship air postal or an equivalent which will take a maximum of 3 weeks.) Are you willing?

IMPORTANT: Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Please bookmark this thread and/or post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Ongoing Wish Swap 51.

Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received, (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to it's destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions.

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF SIX.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.

(Please have your list ready, this swap moves very quickly!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.  

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address.

Friends of Craftster are allowed 3 wishes at one time, others are allowed 2 wishes.  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish until your craft is received for this month.  Do not choose over your given limit.
 If you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you are at your limit of wishes, you can choose again once one of your partners receives, NOT when you send.

***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

Let's keep the quality high here. I don't want to receive PMs with people concerned over the lack of quality of their items.  Please, just work your hardest to keep the bar high on the quality of items here!  Don't choose just for the sake of choosing; choose to make someone else a really AWESOME wish!

Now if the thread gets in a rut for a few days/hours, the person who made the last wish should add to their list if they can think of anything else, until someone decides to craft for them. Please make sure this is not you!

Unsure of where to find wish ideas?  Try the previous ongoing wish swap galleries or any other gallery on craftster.  Look through your fellow crafters wist lists.

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU WILL BE GETTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium )
( A medium item equals two hours of crafting time or 20$ worth of store bought items )

Please be communicative if you are having any issues. If you communicate you still need to send your item in a timely manner.  Communication does not mean you can send as late as you want.  After one week past the deadline you will have negative feedback.  This is only temporary as it will be changed back once you fulfill your obligation for late item(s).  Do not choose to craft an item if you do not think you can meet these deadlines.

THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP
I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late/early: where applicable
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country
- didn't post pictures: failed to post pictures of what they received without an adequate explanation to their partner
- did not follow item amount rule

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous rounds:

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT POSTING PHOTOS IS STILL A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS SWAP.  IF YOU CAN'T TAKE PHOTOS, PLEASE MENTION IT TO THE PERSON WHO CLAIMS YOU.

sunspotted - Will be your organizer, in charge of your claims, your sends, receives and approval.
TwiztidBlood - Will be co-organizer, in charge of the discussion thread.

Round 45, 46 and 47 Discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299178.0

Round 48, 49 and 50 Discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=311897.0

Round 51 and 52 Discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322955.0

Galleries

Round Forty-Eight Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=312376.0

Round Forty-Nine Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=317498.0

Round Fifty Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321062.0

Round Fifty-One Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=323611.0

Round Fifty-Two Gallery ... coming soon
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009 10:28:25 AM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
sunspotted
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009 10:13:42 AM »

Approved Swappers

red means temporarily maxed out on claims
strike out means done with feedback left

akredhead (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
animegirlie
Annchen (3 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 3 Rec'd)
Banga (4 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 4 Rec'd)
claire313 (3 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 3 Rec'd)
DesignVigilante (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
determinedimprovisation (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
Ewulotta (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
frosty772 (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
goodtimegirl (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
hanshotfirst (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
Hika-chan (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
ifallthraindrops (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
KittyVegas
lapoli (4 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 4 Rec'd)
leighi123 (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
Ma Rut (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
mcook72677 (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
Mlsocci74 (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
MommyTheMaid (5 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 5 Rec'd)
nancy01602 (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
perlabella (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
phoenixfiredesigns (3 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 3 Rec'd)
playswithneedles (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
SAHMama
skaborsk (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
StephanieGravatt (1 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 1 Rec'd)
sunspotted
tcha345
ThatsWhatSheSaid (2 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 2 Rec'd)
zombiecazz (3 Claims, 0 Outstanding, 0 In Transit, 3 Rec'd)

Three Claims

akredhead
animegirlie
Annchen
Banga
claire313
DesignVigilante
Ewulotta
frosty772
goodtimegirl
KittyVegas
lapoli
mcook72677
Mlsocci74
MommyTheMaid
nancy01602
perlabella
phoenixfiredesigns
playswithneedles
SAHMama
skaborsk
sunspotted
tcha345
zombiecazz

Two Claims

determinedimprovisation
ifallthraindrops
leighi123
Ma Rut
StephanieGravatt
ThatsWhatSheSaid

One Claim

hanshotfirst
Hika-chan

Angels

oneredboot --> Banga
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010 07:46:35 AM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
sunspotted
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009 10:14:48 AM »

shipped
shipped and received
late with communication
late, no communciation

Due November 15th

determinedimprovisation --> mcook72677 for the orange tractor shirt

Due November 16th

skaborsk --> determinedimprovisation for some vintage fabric with a terrible flower print and some recipes

Due November 17th

Annchen --> skaborsk for a wist-surprise
claire313 --> Annchen for a crochet hook roll, some scented sachets, and maybe some extra whimsy
MommyTheMaid --> claire313 for placemats, napkins, and coasters
lapoli --> MommyTheMaid for some bento box goodies, wool dryer balls and the Chinese Takeout pattern
MommyTheMaid --> lapoli for fabric placemats and a wisty surprise

Due November 18th

perlabella --> MommyTheMaid for the Jayne Cobb hat + turtle decals + resin molds
skaborsk --> perlabella for a wisty surprise and some extras

Due November 19th

zombiecazz --> skaborsk for fingerless gloves and a ipod cosy
phoenixfiredesigns --> zombiecazz for bubble tree necklace
mcook72677 --> phoenixfiredesigns for dessert-scented body spray
MommyTheMaid --> mcook72677 for book related items for her mom

Due November 20th

zombiecazz --> MommyTheMaid for a denim hat and a wisty surprise

Due November 21st

ifallthraindrops --> zombiecazz for a knitted earflap hat

Due November 22nd

Hika-chan --> ifallthraindrops for note cards and surprise
Annchen --> Hika-chan for a scarf
lapoli --> Annchen for shower/beauty items and some fleece/roving for her thrummed mittens
mcook72677 --> lapoli for handmade soaps
Banga --> mcook72677 for a tutu for her daughter

Due November 23rd

claire313 --> Banga for wrist warmers and a wisty surprise
frosty772 --> claire313 for a purse/bag
hanshotfirst --> frosty772 for kitten stuff
Banga --> hanshotfirst for some handmade sewing supplies

Due November 24th

zombiecazz --> Banga for a matryoshhka brooch and some British tea -- LOST, oneredboot to angel
playswithneedles --> zombiecazz for crocheted squares (6 inches or larger), crochet hooks and buttons
Mlsocci74 --> playswithneedles for a journal or sketchbook and some stationary/notecards
ifallthraindrops --> Mlsocci74 for kitty things and armwarmers for her daughter
lapoli --> ifalltheraindrops for Roving/Top for spinning (combed or carded)
determinedimprovisation --> lapoli for reusable produce bags and a manly checkbook cover
playswithneedles --> determinedimprovisation for a slouchy hat and wrist warmers

Due November 26th

perlabella --> playswithneedles for the birds/bird mobile and some supplies
claire313 --> perlabella, for a crochet hook roll and some wisty-ness
phoenixfiredesigns --> claire313 for decorated picture frames

Due November 27th

frosty772 --> phoenixfiredesigns for a tree skirt
lapoli --> frosty772 for lavender satchels, hand crafted candles, some misc. supplies and a wisty surprise
MommyTheMaid --> lapoli for an embroidered kitchen towel, produce bags, and a few extras

Due November 28th

ThatsWhatSheSaid -->  MommyTheMaid for a shirt or hoodie with a skull or skulls in Girls 14/16 and some bamboo crochet hooks

Due November 29th

Mlsocci74 --> ThatsWhatSheSaid for a recipe book and some hair goodies
MommyTheMaid --> Mlsocci74 for a chefs hat for her son and a wisty surprise
Banga --> MommytheMaid for a tutu

Due November 30th

Annchen --> Banga for some foreign vintage ephemera and some vintage inspired or wist inspired christmas things
Ewulotta --> Annchen for a stencilled tshirt for her fianc and a wisty surprise for her

Due December 2nd

ThatsWhatSheSaid --> Ewulotta for soap, scrapbook paper, and some beads
phoenixfiredesigns --> ThatsWhatSheSaid for wire wrapped birds nest charm/necklace

Due December 3rd

StephanieGravatt --> phoenixfiredesigns for a project totebag
goodtimegirl --> StephanieGravatt for a surprise sort of blanket

Due December 4th

nancy01602 --> goodtimegirl for a wisty surprise

Due December 5th

leighi123 --> nancy01602 for a wisty suprise
Ma Rut --> leighi123 for a wisty suprise
Banga --> Ma Rut for a fascinator and some dog treats
DesignVigilante --> Banga for a mystery wist item

Due December 7th

akredhead --> DesignVigilante for a variety of yarn
DesignVigilante --> akredhead for a magic yarn ball

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010 07:45:47 AM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009 10:15:24 AM »

Just in case...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009 10:17:15 AM »

mcook72677 is up from the last round ...

Hey there everyone!  My name is Mandy and I am a SAHM of 2 from Southwest Michigan.  Soapmaking is my primary craft but I also love to sew, crochet, knit, stencil, silk screen, make cards, embroider and applique.
Right now my wish list is going to consist of mostly Christmas gifts for my loved ones.  My bf and I have decided that we are not gifting anything that isn't handmade or second hand this year.
Thanks to anyone who helps with my gift giving!!

CRAFTS:

-hand carved peacock stamp

- ceramic christmas ornament like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32661074&ref=cat1_gallery_16 for my daughter(her name is Gibson)
and one like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32660989&ref=cat1_gallery_17
for my son(his name is Sylas)

- cranky monster booty pants like this http://www.mahardrygoods.com/item.php?item_id=541 for my son(3-6 months)

- something(cards, t-shirt, tote, hand carved rubber stamp, etc.) inspired by these cards http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29126789

- arm warmers like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32604078&ref=sr_gallery_21&&ga_search_query=fingerless+gloves&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
or
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23307458&ref=sr_gallery_7&&ga_search_query=fingerless+gloves&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=3&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
or
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23307458&ref=sr_gallery_7&&ga_search_query=fingerless+gloves&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=3&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

- a slouchy hat in chocolate brown like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32582816&ref=sr_gallery_21&&ga_search_query=slouchy+hat&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

-Zippered Amy Butler Print Bag/Purse for bf's sister

-Orange T with Tractor Silhoette for bf size 2X(he's really into Allis Chalmers)

-Decorated Hoodies for my 2 nephews (size 4T, anything spongebob, tractors, foxes, vintage cars and/or trucks)

-Anything Peace sign related for bf's mom(size Large T's, sterling silver necklaces only, NO earrings please)

-Anything Book Related for my mom (she is the biggest bookworm I know so bookmarks, bookbags or anything else you can think of would be great)

-Bella Mittens for my sister http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32344618&ref=sr_gallery_12&&ga_search_query=Bella+Mittens&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

-Long Sleeved Decorated T's for my kiddos(daughter is in a 3T and son is in 3-6 months nothing sports related or religious please)

-A Green Tutu for my daughter( 3T she is really into dress up right now)

-Anything Ohio State related for BIL( wears men's L T's)

-A T like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31248811&ref=sr_gallery_20&&ga_search_query=hip+hop&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=3&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title or this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26417472&ref=sr_gallery_4&&ga_search_query=roller+derby&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=7&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title for my sister (XL no white T's please)

-Cotton Labels that read "Gib's Goods" and have some type of bubble design to sew into projects

SUPPLIES:

-NEW! Matryoshka Fabric

-Amy Butler Print Fabric

-Diamond Glaze

-Craftzine issues 1-3

EXTRAS:
-Local Chocolates

-DECAF/STIMULANT FREE Herbal Teas
THIS ROCKS   Logged

determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009 05:40:04 PM »

I claim mcook72677 for the orange tractor shirt!  (My mom and grandpa used to work at Allis Chalmers!)  This is my FIRST claim.

My name is Holly, and I live in Oregon, USA.  I just moved here recently, and I love it.  I do nearly every craft except papercrafts, and candle and soap making.  I am allergic to many scents and dried plants.  For more info on me, see the "Swap Info" link in my signature, or just ask!

CRAFTS

--Small tree skirt with snowflakes and / or trees / and or birds.

--6 gauge earrings, either cute plugs or dangling swirls.

--Slouchy hat in gray, steel blue, or chocolate brown in a machine washable yarn.

--Sweater or thick shirt for my dog that fastens up the back.  She is a giant snuggle-pups named Dogmar and her measurements are: Neck: 17"; Chest: 28.5"; Waist 21"; Neck to base of tail: 24".

--Wrist warmers that do not cover my hands.  My wrist measures 5.5"

--Washable and durable throw that matches Ikea's Klippan couch with Lappmon cover: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69848393

--A macrame owl

--Small (about 4" x 6") marker board that can stand on its own

--Review mirror for my cube at work.  Something like a mirror in a re-conned frame.

--A stuffed or needle-felted coati or wolpertinger.

SUPPLIES

--Dyed and prepared fiber ready for spinning

--Heavy 60's and 70's fabric in terrible floral prints.

--T-shirts with killer whale images

EXTRAS

--Favorite recipes

--Clean thick cardboard or woodblocks for my rabbit to chew.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009 06:42:18 PM by determinedimprovisation » THIS ROCKS   Logged
skaborsk

always procraftinating..............

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009 07:22:00 AM »

i claim determinedimprovisation for some vintage fabric with a terrible flower print! and i'll throw in some recipes too.

1st claim, 0 sent, 0 recieved

hi. i am nicole. i am currently using up the last year of my twenties. my boyfriend and i just bought our first house, which we are really excited about, and we are in the process of decorating it to suit us.  we have a dog named gnarley, and a snail, walter.

like a lot of you craftsters,  i also have crafting a.d.d..  i'll give anything a shot once. i really like bright/bold colors, and HATE pastels or anything too girly like butterflies and hearts (but i do like anatomical hearts). i love retro prints and styles, especially mod. i am very turned off by synthetic scents, but love natural ones and essential oils (EXCEPT patchouli or sandalwood). i love kitsch and have a very quirky and sometimes inappropriate sense of humor. check out my profile and wist for plenty of ideas!
the stuff in orange i would REALLY love

CRAFTED GOODS:

-anything dia de los muertos related

-glass etched shot glasses. maybe with garden gnomes, or a Beatles theme, or anything you think i might like

-yarn pot scrubbers (claire313 already made me the kind made with plastic bags. thanks again claire!)

-a small organizer for coupons (i know, super dorky) i REALLY like this one- http://www.wists.com/skaborsk/89652bbc854bad389b2b125453624567?offset=20

-handmade pottery- mugs, small vases, bowls, plates, anything really!

-a high-waisted skirt, maybe like this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=256045.0 or this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=282269.0

-knit/crochet booties for me and/or my boyfriend, maybe similar to the ones on my wist

-i would love a purse like this- http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23088955

-knitted/crocheted fingerless gloves. i love these- http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=21744678

-a moon jar. i love them, but i know i'll never get around to making one myself. http://www.casasugar.com/1126839

-plant markers for my garden. there are a couple examples of some i like on my wist. you can PM me for a list of things i plan to plant

-an apron, i really like this stye- http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_10&listing_id=20058442&ga_search_query=mod+apron&ga_search_type=tag_title

-handmade natural soaps with yummy, NON-flowery, NON-musky scents

-plain all beeswax candles. i LOVE the smell!

-odd/funny embroidered tea towels. i have one that has two shrimp and one of them has a thought bubble that says "shrimp". so weird, i love it!

-weatherproof decorations for my extremely kitschy/eclectic garden

-an ipod nano cozy, this one is cute http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=286372.msg3244360#msg3244360

-a wallet/billfold, mine was recently stolen. i like the kind that has a couple slots for cc's and a big bill pocket. for example, i love this one-   http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26811851&ref=sr_list_19&&ga_search_query=amy+butler+wallet&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=3&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

-something to put on the front of my ugly dishwasher, maybe a vinyl decal or something like it. i saw a venus flytrap one that was pretty cool.....

-anything off of or inspired by my wist. take a look, if there is something you can make, please do!  http://www.wists.com/skaborsk

craft supplies:
-sublime stitching patterns daniel johnston, the black apple, lucha libre, i luv veggies, dia de los muertes, spaced out
-cool stencils
-sugar skull molds
-any cp soap making supplies (except molds, i have those) i havent tried this yet, but really want to.
-empty glass or plastic lotion/bath salt ect. containers (i make body scrubs, and i like to recycle/reuse containers)

extras:
-TEA!!! especially organic, black, green, and chai are my favorites
-dark chocolate
-Vernor's ginger ale!!!! help me out here, you ohio/michigan people! even just one can of it would make me estatic.

THANKS SO MUCH!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009 07:53:13 AM by skaborsk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

please visit my etsy shop. i love it when people buy my crap!  
http://www.etsy.com/shop/cappywanna
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009 07:50:27 AM »

Let's get this moving again! I'd like to claim skaborsk for a wist-surprise and possibly a tawashi/dish scrubber or two if I can find a pattern I like.

This is my 1st claim, 0 sent, 0 recieved
Hello everyone! Im a 27 year old pharmacist from Sweden and Im excited to join another OWS. Theyre usually tons of fun! I usually think about myself as a knitter but I do a lot of different crafts and enjoy creating artsy mixed media pieces. Pincushions with fun little shrinky dink pins are also tons of fun to make. Knitting and crafting is whats keeping me sane-ish at the moment since Im dealing with some health issues and some work related stress to top it off.

I like warm colours and fall colours. Shades of red usually attract me, especially blood red and berry shades (tomato red not so much). Dark purple is another big favourite. Colour combinations I like: red-black, red-black-silver, dark purple-silver, chocolate brown-cyan/teal, bright rainbows. My wists should give some ideas of colours and patterns I like too. Im a pale girl so the brighter colours work better on things like socks and things Im not going to wear near my face.

Our home decoration is mostly red-black-white and birch with a bit of grey tossed in with our dark grey sofa and some other grey furniture.

I love recycling and wouldnt mind getting second hand or thrifted supplies as long as theyre clean and not broken beyond repair. I really like how crafting can turn trash into treasure so a upgraded thriftstore find would be great to receive.

Since both Christmas and my fiancs birthday is coming up (29th November) some of my wishes will be for him. He likes WoW and plays a night elf Death Knight. Other things he likes are medieval fighting (think big swords and dirty fighting), airplanes and science fiction. Hes also secretly a crafty man and beats the snot out of me when it comes to embroidering, sewing and cooking.

Big wishes in blue

Crafts

An apron for the chef in the family (my fianc). Hes a big guy so itd have to be a large one. Perhaps with Life is like a jar of jalapenos what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow stencilled on it? Other themes that might be good are star wars, order of the stick, WoW (horde), realistic airplanes and big swords.

Craft apron for me.

T-shirts for my fianc. XXXL or XXXXL US size I think. Stencilled or perhaps embroidered or appliqud would be better than iron-on decorations since Ive had poor luck washing iron-on decorated clothes. He likes Big Dog T-shirts so something in that style would work, or see the theme suggestions above.

Funny magnets for my fridge. I really like miniatures so miniature food (or other miniatures) on magnets would be great.

Baby stuff. Some people I love are spawning so if you love creating adorable baby things I can gift them to a deserving baby. Baby is due in May. (Ideas for themes: Gnomes/dwarves, library/book related, mushrooms/toadstools)

Scented sachets for my yarn stash and clothes in any textile craft (embroidered, quilted, crocheted, knitted, whatever!) If you want to be able to send a flatter package I could fill them myself. Thank you claire313!

An altered puzzle, or altered puzzle turned into a frame perhaps?

A project bag for embroidery projects. This would also be for my fianc so something stylish and not overly feminine.

Fun cloth pads. They dont have to be fancy or very thick and they usually stay in place without wings/fastening for me. I dont need heavy duty stuff but I like them rather long.

Shower/beauty items. I like handmade soaps and bath/beauty things but I dont own a bathtub... Not too strong scents, please.

A happy shower cap. The brighter the better! Feel free to embellish with huge fake flowers and the like as long as it survives chlorinated pool water.

Crochet hook roll. The few hooks I have are always missing when I want them =) Thank you claire313!

Poly clay covered hooks. I like hooks with thicker handles so thick pretty handles must be perfect.

A ceramic yarn bowl.

A pair of hand knitted socks for me. I know this might not be a medium item for you (it sure isnt for me!) but if you are a quick knitter and would like to knit a pair for me I would be extremely grateful. My shoe size is US 7-8 I think, but Ill measure properly if this wish is picked. Thick or thin socks, either is fine.

A mail organizer. We need somewhere to put our mail and bills (the pile inside the door is not working). Im thinking some kind of wall hanged thing with 2-3 pockets perhaps?

A magic yarnball. The project inside can be knitted or crocheted, but Im only a beginner crocheter.

A jar of whimsies.

Surprise me with your best craft. If you create something you love making Im sure Ill love receiving it.

A wisty surprise.

Craft Supplies
Fleece/roving that can be used for thrumming mittens. Undyed or dyed wool doesnt matter since I can kool aid dye it myself if needed.

Shrinky dinks or shrink plastic in other colours then white and transparent.

Ive heard you can use some kind of stick to wind yarn into centre pull balls. Nostepinne? Id like to try one out since Ive failed every time I try to wind centre pull balls by hand. Or if you happen to have a yarn winder you dont use Id be glad to take it off your hands. Ha ha.

Bamboo sock yarn in fun colourways. I have plenty of sock yarn already, but adding sock yarn of different fibre to your stash doesnt count right?

Im slowly overcoming my crochet fear so any hooks, pattern suggestions or other useful crochet things would be welcome. Ive found that hooks with thicker handles are easier on my hands.

Starter kit for soap making. Melt and pour would probably be easiest since I dont feel like handling corrosive stuff...

Pretty bookmarks for papercrafting and decoupage. I like them rather small, and vintage looking if possible. And glitter is never wrong Wink

Knitting magazines or craft magazines you are done with. Pre-loved is fine.

T-shirts for my fianc that I could decorate. XXXL or XXXXL US size. (hard to find bigger ones in Sweden...)

Extras
Tea (I drink mostly loose leaf tea, but teabags are ok too.)
Local candy (Id love to try candy corn for example, and Ive discovered that Nerds are delicious)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009 11:26:08 PM by Annchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
claire313

Make Tea, Not War!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009 08:13:11 AM »

Hello! I am going to claim Annchen for: a crochet hook roll, some scented sachets, and maybe some extra whimsy Cheesy

1st claim this round, 0 sent, 0 pending, 0 received

My name is Claire, I live in New Jersey, I'm a vegetarian, I do yoga, I LOVE animals (especially cats), zombies and skulls, cupcakes, and anything bohemian/indie. My favorite colors are blue, orange, teal and green. No allergies but can't stand the feel of velvet, and chocolate totally grosses me out. i love learning new crafts but recently I've been on a crocheting-sewing-jewelry-ATC kick.

BIG wishes BOLD

NEW STUFF ADDED!!!
Crafts:

- Hand-dipped candles or any homemade candles that smell like cinnamon/pumpkin, christmas, or any food smell Cheesy Beeswax candles or soy candles a plus!
- Placemats: Anything naturey (greens, browns with trees or plants) or bright and cheerful (solid colors  or large patterns preferred over small prints)
- Fabric napkins: Same as above Smiley
- Folded magazine/paper bowls or containers with lids- tute here as well as some others on the boards: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=71395.0
- Coiled rope/fabric bowls:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292234
- Aladdin pants - i bought a pair when i was in Lisbon last summer and can't seem to find them anywhere else! I would LOVE a pair in olive green or black:
http://www.bolinat.com/unique/products/reg/8176.jpg
- T-shirt/tank/hoodie with a bleached design (examples on my wist!) maybe a bicycle? that would be awesome or even a zombie! or *new idea* an anatomical heart where my actual heart is (haha kinda on the left...)
- A large, wide bag/purse for the fall (wider rather than deeper, does that make sense??) in Fall colors like orange, green, and brown
- **big obnoxious wish** BUNNY HOODIE! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=298030.0 I'm sure i'm way too old for this, but whatever, its cute! cotton/jersey would be perfect (i don't like velour) You could even alter an existing hoodie ... i <3 upcycling!
- Embroidered/painted pillow case(s) (maybe a day of the dead skull? or i remember seeing one with an octopus tentacle... so cool!)
- Flower pots! I started growing bamboo and aloe and would love little pots/jars to put them in - I'm totally cool with upcycled mugs & bowls big enough to hold plants!
- Decorated picture frames (buttons, collaged, random whimsy, etc!)
- A stuffed bunny with LOOOOONG ears (ami, plush, fabric, anything)
- Anything Vespa or bicycle related (stencil, t-shirt, bag, anything!!)
- Painted cork-board... maybe something with trees/birds
- Again, made them for others but never for myself: a sewing machine cover for Penelope (my Singer)
- A jewelry holder - could be a metal stand, picture frame, or a wooden case- anything to help me organize! I would LOVE something for all of my bracelets, especially!
- Its that time again kids...LEGWARMERS!!! http://www.wists.com/claire313/70a8d8ed4fffd22b6a5bbfc701ea8dc5?offset=60
** i'd love a pair in cream/brown (banga sent me awesome black ones)
- Knitted/crocheted slouchy hat in olive green or burnt orange
- Fabric buckets for storage (any size)
- Coasters! in fun colors/patterns
- Art for my blank walls  
- Yarn Ball wreath (any color/season!)
- Handmade holiday ornaments - I'd love little woodland critters! crocheted, sewn, felted, clay...
- Apron! Bright colors would be awesome Smiley
- Checkbook cover in bright colors (i tried to make one myself and it went horribly wrong...)
- Similar to above - Business card holder in bright colors Smiley

Supplies: (thanks to everyone who has sent/is sending me supplies)

- I'd love to try to learn embroidery (the right way, not how i've been doing it haha) so maybe an embroidery starter kit? I like those sublime stitching patterns I've seen... directions would be great, too!
- Metal rings I could use to make belts with (does that make sense? just plain metal rings I can sew into fabric belts..)
- beads - any size, color
- Cool fabric
- Sewing supplies that I don't realize I need (interfacing, etc) (thanks again everybody!)
- Glass jars to store beads/buttons/random crap in
- Rotary cutter and self-healing mat (can be 2 separate claims)
- Bamboo crochet hooks (any size )

Extras:

- Old post cards or some from your area
- Cool picture frames in cool colors/shapes
- TEA! Your favorite kinds are welcome
- ANYTHING tea related - charms, images, etc
- Something unique to your area: candy (except chocolate), postcards, etc

Anything you can think of that might relate to the lists above would be super too ... or anything off my wist!!

http://www.wists.com/claire313

Thanks to whoever picks me!  Swaps are so fun  Cheesy

** I have gotten so many awesome things in these swaps - I ALWAYS get compliments on your amazing creations...keep up the great work, guys!**
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009 08:30:19 AM by claire313 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009 09:58:26 AM »

I claim Claire for a Fabric Bucket and coasters
1st Claim, 0 in transit, 0 recvd

My name is Lissa and I live in Colorado USA.  I am a stay at home mom to three of the worlds brightest futures who also love to get mail.  There is a ton of info about them and myself in my profile.  We try to be as gentle to the planet as we can be and I hope to have a small garden going next year.  I enjoy all things crafty and creative and secretly (okay, not so secretly) wish that I was a Stepford Wife with my brain still intact.  I love the 50s and love staying home, cooking, baking, and cleaning on most days.  I am also obsessed with turtles and the color pink.  We do have smoke allergies in my house and they are rather severe so please dont claim me for items that can absorb smoke if you do smoke.  We really appreciate it.  There is nothing worse than getting a really cool handmade gift in the mail and having to toss it out cause my son and husband cant breathe around it.  

Thank you to whoever claims me!!

Crafted:
*Really Big Wish:  Poppet ~ we would prefer for there not to be parts  in the pants hehe
*Poppet clothes, shoes, and accessories ~ we have 3 girls (without the breasts) and a boy and a lot of the easy peasy dresses.  A backpack or wings would be super cool, or maybe some items for them to use like a table, chairs, or food stuff.  
*Cloth Diapers in fun boyish prints ~ we really like pocket diapers that dont need a cover.  He is currently about 22 pounds, but One Sizes are great too. (we have about 30 plain color ones and would love some prints)
*Momma Pads I need long ones
*Cute Boyish Knit Longies like in my wists size 18-24 months
*Key Fob with a fun print
*Felted Cloche for me ~ head size 22 (or something that looks like this)
*Denim Hat like this one
*Jayne Cobb Hat for 1 year old (head size coming after nap time)
*This shirt or a shirt like it: Size Women Large (I need the longer length shirts)
*Belly Dance Hip Scarf with beads and coins so I can be all jingly
*Bento Goodies (or laptop lunch goodies) boxes, sauce containers, separators, egg molds, anything to make cool bento
*Super Big Ridiculous Wish:  Dread falls ( I like skinny dreads vs. fat ones) or a kit to make my own would be super awesome too!
*Messenger bag with Monkey Print (not too babyish or girlish though, its for my 11 year old tomboy)
*Tapey!
*An arm band to wear my Rio Sansa MP3 player at the gym
*Multi color handspun yarn
* Felt Chinese Takeout Food or the pattern would be awesome as well!
* Pirate themed hooded towel for either of my children (ages 18 months and 4 years)
* Placemats that teach kids how to set the table like these
*Anglerfish stuffie
*No religious Solicitation Sign needs to be durable enough to withstand snow, rain, wind, sun, etc.,
*Handmade Christmas Lights (knit, crochet, fabric, felt, anything not too heavy) or handmade Christmas Garland
*1950s inspired Apron similar to these There is an apron that Julianne Moore wears in the Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio That  I love the style.  I would prefer no floral prints though.
* Felted wool dryer balls
*long sleeve leotard for size 4 can be embellished or hand sewn.  Used is fantastic!
*fun legwarmers for 4 year old to wear to ballet, slouchy or not, yarnor fabric
*black, grey, or tan leg warmers for me.  I like the less slouchy looking knit ones
*small thrown pottery bowls
*turtle decals for the wall in my bathroom
*Containers for planting.  Hand thrown, embellished, repurposed, anything that is big enough for herbs.

Supplies:
*Small labels/Tags for my sewn items that say Mommy the Maid I would love to have some that are small enough to put on my sandwich bags
*FOE in any color or print
*Jalie underwear pattern
*Snap press
*Bias tape maker (not the expensive machine, just the little pully things)
*Resin molds, I would love a bangle mold or knitting needle mold, but any are awesome.
*Creepy Cute Crochet Book
*Bamboo Crochet Hooks
*Ottobre Magazine Children Issues (I only have 4 issues so any issue is awesome!)
*Non-fiction books printed in the 1950s, would love any but would really love old Home Ec texts and cookbooks
*small birdhouse for my kids to paint
*1930s reproduction fabrics
Extras
ATCs and Inchies
1 squares from quality quilting fabrics
Cotton yarn scraps

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009 11:52:19 AM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Highlighting Tips - Aftercare
Highlighting Part Hair and Applying Color
How to Prepare for Hair Highlighting
Hair Highlighting Tips
Highlighting your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...