A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - November 2009 - (signups 1:st - 30:th Nov.)  (Read 6756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gavagai
« on: November 01, 2009 10:07:25 AM »

Welcome to the Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap!  Don't have time to participate in other swaps?  Here's your answer!  This swap is for swapping supplies or crafts you've already made.

If something is not clear, feel free to PM me, gavagai! or ask in the discussion thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322953.0 Also, everyone who is planning to participate in the swap, please make sure to post in the discussion thread, if only to say hello!  Cheesy

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: gavagai
Sign-up date range: 11/1/09 - 11/30/09
Date to send item by: within 2 weeks of being claimed
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
Age requirement? 18+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Details of swap:
If you a) have crafts lying around that you've made
    or  b) want to de-stash supplies or
    or  c) enjoy making things for other people
...then this swap is for you! It's a lot like the Ongoing Wish Swap, except instead of posting what you want to receive, you'll post what you want to give.  To join you must have at least five things that you have made/would like to make/want to trade.

This is an ongoing swap, feel free to join up at any time this month! To join, first send a Personal Message to organizer gavagai with the following questionnaire info. Once you are approved, you are free to claim something (i.e. one item) from the most recent list posted, and then post your own list, someone claims from it and the swap goes on like that, like a chain. Please note that you will need to add things to your list and/or reduce prices (maybe let people pick two things instead of one) if noone claims from your list for a couple of days. We want to keep the swap going!

...and that's it, basically

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to participate, information to send to organizers

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - November 2009
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (you must be to join):  (*Please note that this means you have to be willing to send ANY item from your shop out of the country*)
Confirm that you are at least 18 years old (and please mention how old you are if under 18) (yes/no):
Your list of at least five items (crafts you can make/have ready-made or details of supplies you wish to offer), detailed description not necessary:
Have you read the swap info (in this post) carefully and commit to follow the rules of the swap?:
Do you agree to add things to your list and/or reduce prices if noone claims for a couple of days, and keep doing so until claimed, doing your best to keep the swap going?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month, if Craftsters decide to organize a new round at that time.

Remember your outstanding claim limit for this round:
Friend of Craftster: Three
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

This is how many pending at a time you may have. As soon as one of your packages is received then you may claim again.

Your list of offerings: if your list stays up for more than 48 hours before someone claims from it, you must add something to it. You can also allow claimers to add more items together to make a claim (i.e. they don't seem to be biting on your earrings, so now they can take two pairs for a single claim instead of just one.) If you are having trouble coming up with stuff to add, consider offering a small item to be custom made for the person who claims from you. This can be conditioned on using stash items if you wish. Remember that it must be something that you can complete in two weeks, unless your partner agrees otherwise.

Once someone claims from you, you have two weeks to get the package in the mail.  Please contact the organizer by personal message when you send the package and when you receive a package so everyone gets credit.

ALSO: Please make sure to post to the discussion thread so you stay up on any updates!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not sign up unless you are willing to send outside of your country.  This means that you will be willing to send ANYTHING in your list out of the country, if claimed.  Please do not list items as "US only."  If you feel that an item is too heavy to send internationally, please do not list it in your shop.  

Check out the previous rounds if you need help figuring out the scope of what to put on your list. It is typically in the $5-$15 range, from a half a yard to a couple yards of fabric depending on weight and fanciness, crafted accessories, grab bags of yarn, beads, buttons and notions, things of that nature.

Photos and the Gallery: Whenever possible, include pictures of the items you're offering in your posts. When you receive, it is important for you to thank your partner, be courteous and communicative, but a lot of the items are premade or stash, so posting pictures in the Gallery isn't crucial. The exception to this is when something is custom-made for you in this swap. And if you make something with supplies you receive in this swap, we want to see it!

Delivery Confirmation numbers are mandatory for people in the U.S. sending to other people in the U.S., and everyone else must keep their receipts.

This round of the swap will close around midnight, on the official Craftster clock, November 30:th. Feedback will be given on December 1st for all participants who have no pending claims. Everyone whose packages haven't been received will get feedback once the package reaches its destination.

Reminders/Summary:
1. Make sure to PM the organizer and who you sent to when you send out, with DC number if you are both in US.
2. Make sure to PM the organizer and who you receive from when you receive.
3. As soon as you claim something from someone, shoot them a PM with your address so that they have it and don't have to chase you down later.
4. Lets keep this swap moving, Please try to stay on top of adding new things/combining items into one claim if your list stays up more than a couple days, or the organizer will hunt you down and remind you.
5. Post pics in the gallery if someone makes you something custom or you make something from supplies you receive.
6. Lets try to keep this thread for lists as much as possible to save on confusion. If your list is up, you may post a "bump" after you have added something new/combined your items, but otherwise please try to post all questions/comments/requests/whatever into our discussion thread .
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009 10:19:53 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
gavagai
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009 10:10:47 AM »

SWAPPERS

Three outstanding claims allowed
april again
Dragonflywer
gavagai
heath_face
ladybugger
pseudo_pix
Velvet Rose Never claimed

Two outstanding claims allowed
bergman
guacaMolly
snowyangel Never claimed
Solarwen

One outstanding claim allowed
neeliarose

Blue means sent
Greens means sent and received

CLAIMS
send by...

16:th of November
sugaree to gavagai - Vogue knitting book

17:th of November
gavagai to guacaMolly - flower fabric plus stamp covers

18:th of November
guacaMolly to april again - Sunburst earrings, oxidized brass and Tiny Spoons! Purple please!

20:th of November
april again to ladybugger - "vintage" sock pattern book and skeins (not full but close) of sock yarn

22:nd of November
ladybugger to april again - Set of 5 Plastic Craft Item organizers and containers
april again to bergman - Used craft book (candlemaking) and candle mold
bergman to pseudo_pix - the paper craft book^^

26:th of November
pseudo_pix to guacaMolly - magenta airy scarf
guacaMolly to april again - 30 Vintage watchmaker paper envelopes with hands inside.

27:th of November
april again to Dragonflywer - 2 cups of mixed buttons

28:th of November
Dragonflywer to solarwen - #1. The hunk of 12x12 scap booking paper
solarwen to pseudo_pix - the Marie Antoinette Swap hat

1:st of December
pseudo_pix to Dragonflywer - Light cotton fabric, a yard or maybe more

2:nd of December
Dragonflywer to heath_face - assorted metal embellishments

5:th of December
heath_face to ladybugger - One glitter headband, unused, plus Approximately one yard of fabric.
ladybugger to bergman -2 yards square of Skull graphic fabric

9:th of December
bergman to guacaMolly - just over 1 meter of pink and brown flower cotton and the stickers

10:th of December
guacaMolly to ladybugger - the sunburst earrings, oxidized brass and a pair of fabric covered button bobby pins
ladybugger to guacaMolly - headbands A and B
guacaMolly to neeliarose - the silver night in paris earrings and the simple/everyday hoops

13:th of December
neeliarose to Solarwen - Set of 15 watercolor post cards and unopened pack of 10 foam sheets
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010 11:34:05 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
gavagai
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009 10:14:09 AM »

First list to claim from is sugaree's list from last month's swap. Come on and claim to get the swap started!  Smiley

**updated to add more items!**
**updated again to add items and adjust points**

i'd love to claim the popples fabric.

list in a second!

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 2
Claims made so far: 3
Sendouts Not Sent: 1
Sendouts Sent: 1
Sendouts Received: 1

Hello, Im Kym and I live in a smoke & pet-free home in NJ.

pick 1:

rainbow cupcake tee (sz men M)

craft kit - how to make a shakerbox
(all supplies and instructions included)

skull earrings

Soft, brown crocheted scarf w/ keyhole

Cute pink & floral purse

cute wrist cuffs (3 sets and 1 single) you get all of these
the striped ones have thumbholes and reach to the elbow, the black & white is a single cuff and can be worn on the forearm.  please pm me if you want pictures of the cuffs being worn Smiley

Vogue Knitting Weekend Knits

*new* 1 full skein of cream colored acrylic yarn (worsted weight)

pick 2:

*new*  Out of Date Calendar - choose from ferrets (new), shoes (new), or Napoleon Dynamite (used but pictures are clean)
(these are great for decoupage or making your own envelopes)

*new* Knitted bookmark (choose from cream, light blue, beige, pink, purple, or orange)
~I will make these to order~

star earrings

bottlecap necklace (inside has red star)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009 11:30:25 AM »

O.k. Let's get this swap started! I claim the Vogue knitting book from sugaree. Thank you!

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 3
Claims made so far: 1
Sendouts Not Sent: 0
Sendouts Sent: 0
Sendouts Received: 0

MY LIST

Pick 1

NEW Extraordinary taggies, pick one for a claim! NEW

These are so much fun for babies to fiddle with. I have tried to mix lots of different materials and features in every taggie. They are all around 10" x 10", but size varies a bit.

Four seasons taggie! All four seasons are represented by its own cotton fabric piece in this patchwork taggie. Back side is a dark green courderoy fabric, fun to play with.

Denim frogs! This taggie is made from the leg of a pair of jeans. If you lift the flap there are soft flannel frogs hiding! Backside is made of soft dark green velour (is there a better word in English?)

IKEA FABRIC! one piece (of a yard or more) per claim.

Gunvor. (whole piece showing, sorry about the folded corners in the picture) 59"x47". 1 point

The below are my own improvised designs based on the ancient Japanese art of temari, which translated into English means "hand ball". The ball itself in these cases has a base consisting of a plastic bag (since temari is all about recycling) and round it is layers of hand wound yarn and thread to shape the ball and make the decorative surface. The embroidery is made with cotton perle. All handmade by me. Choice of blue ball (very dark blue IRL) or green. Egg cup/temari stand and image editor frames not included.  Cheesy

...or pick 2!

10 big cats on big stamps. From all over the world! 10 big stamps is 1/2 claim.

Cross stitch kits to make angels with ribbons and all sort of stuff. 1/2 claim per kit!

Traditional Swedish glass troll, about 2" tall, heavy and could be used as a paper weight. It has an inscription on the back, apparently some kind of SAAB commercial message, but that is only visible from the back (image 3). Really difficult to get a good picture of this one.

Retro looking cotton fabric with big flowers, bursting with colour. You get about 60" x 18" for half a claim.

A mouse pad!  Cheesy Just a plain simple red mouse pad. I bought these some time ago and meant to do something crafty with them (some kind of frames or something), but never really got around to it. A few of them available if you want to claim two.

Stretchable book covers! Claimed these in some swap, but haven't used since, so they will have to go (have to get rid of stuff!). Never opened. 1/2 claim each.

Pick 4 of these
or 2 plus one of the "pick 2" items above!

These are bookmarks I guess, made of thick paper (cardboard?). They are made up of two eggs that can be taken out (perforated edges) and used for decoration or crafting. The text on the back says "Have a hard boiled easter!" in Swedish. You can see both sides of the bookmark above. Make sure to look closely at the eggs! (Sorry about the poor picture quality, especially on the egg on the right, looks much smoother in reality.) 1 bookmark is 1/4 claim.

Set of four big American Disney stamps (used). Great condition! 4 big stamps is 1/4 claim.

Below are Swedish stamp booklet covers, i.e. the stamps are taken out, but some of the covers are really nice, I think. Maybe someone could use them for some kind of paper art. Size approximately 2 1/2" x 6" (when unfolded like below). Pick 8 for 1/2 claim (or 4 for 1/4 claim) or all of them for 1 claim.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 11:47:43 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

guacaMolly
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009 10:08:35 AM »

I would love to claim the vintage bright flowers fabric and 8 Swedish stamp covers: 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 18.

Claim One:

Cherry Blossom Earrings. Oxidized sterling silver, glass beads.

Unused House Mouse Holiday Stamp, aquired in the 90's

Vintage Apron (Not made by me!) Pink with patterned trim.

Vintage Apron (Not made by me!) Yellow orange and white with some hand sewing and hand embroidery.

Bright animals fabric, about 48x60 in. It seems like a thick muslin, could be used for pillows, curtains, etc. Freshly washed. Nickel shown for pattern size reference.

30 Vintage watchmaker paper envelopes with hands inside. Usually 1-2 each envelope, sometimes 3. If you claim this, you might get some other watch related vintage goodness.

Claim Any Two:

Bobby Pins! Fabric covered buttons, vintage BINGO pieces,  and buttons with bows!

Sunburst earrings, oxidized brass (nickel free)

A Night in Paris Earrings, oxidized brass (nickel free)

A Night in Paris Earrings, silver colored metal, ear wires are sterling

Tiny Spoons! Choose green or purple dangly czech glass faceted beads.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009 11:34:05 AM by guacaMolly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

april again
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009 03:15:42 PM »

I would like to pick two of the earring pairs

Sunburst earrings, oxidized brass (nickel free)

and

Tiny Spoons! Choose green or purple dangly czech glass faceted beads. Purple please!

*Edited to add list

Pick one of any set:

Set A:
stack of matting papers, 6 1/2  by 4 1/2 inches

Set B:
Used craft book (candlemaking) and candle mold

Set C:
"vintage" sock pattern book and skeins (not full but close) of sock yarn

Set D:

a yard and scraps of "tooled" vinyl material

Set E:

2 cups of mixed buttons (Pyrex measuring cup not included) *these were in a mason jar but I just broke it this evening grr*

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009 03:32:13 PM by april again » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladybugger
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009 09:39:41 AM »

Hi everyone! What a great swap theme. I am going to hold off on claims for now, but here is what I am offering. . . .

Offer #1:
Set of 4 sewing patterns.  

(A) Butterick 3394; Misses'/Misses' Petite Pants
-Sizes 6, 8, 10
-Never used

(B)McCall's 3348; Misses' Low Rise Pants
-Cut to sizes 4, 6
-Gently used

(C)Simplicity 5970; Misses' Jacket in Two Lengths; Vest, Top and Pants
-Sizes 6, 8, 10, 12 (Jacket pieces cut to size 6)
-Used

(D)Simplicity 5059; Misses' Tops
-Sizes 4, 6, 8, 10
-Gently used

Offer #2
Set of 22 Beginner and Intermediate Knitting Patterns PLUS a (62 page) Knitting How-To Booklet

Offer #3
Choose TWO Headbands from my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/mirsky
A:

B:

C:

Offer #4
Paint a T-shirt Kit
-Set of one dozen paint brushes of different sizes and quality
-2 tubes of Liquitex Acrylic Paints
-A 100% cotton T-shirt (Size Small 34-36)

Offer #5
Set of 6 Altoid Tins

Offer #6
>2 yards square of Skull graphic fabric

Offer #7
More than 3 yards plus lots of scraps of African fabric

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009 08:49:02 AM by ladybugger » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support a female, organic farmer! www.mirsky.etsy.com
ladybugger
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009 01:23:43 PM »

I will happily claim april again's Set C: "vintage" sock pattern book and skeins (not full but close) of sock yarn. Yay!

ladybugger
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support a female, organic farmer! www.mirsky.etsy.com
gavagai
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009 01:45:56 PM »

Since ladybugger made a claim from april again's list, ladybugger's list is the one active (if there is any doubt). Also please everyone post in the discussion thread if you haven't so far. It's here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322953.0  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009 02:10:54 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

april again
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009 08:37:43 AM »

I would like to claim the Set of 5 Plastic Craft Item organizers and containers

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 3
Claims made so far: 2
Sendouts Not Sent: 0
Sendouts Sent: 2
Sendouts Received: 0

List:
Pick one of any set:

Set A:
stack of matting papers, 6 1/2  by 4 1/2 inches

Set B:
Used craft book (candlemaking) and candle mold

Set C:
About 30 (may be 31) large glass focal beads

Set D:

a yard and scraps of "tooled" vinyl material

Set E:

2 cups of mixed buttons (Pyrex measuring cup not included) *these were in a mason jar but I just broke it this evening grr*

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009 05:03:01 PM by april again » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sell Handmade Jewelry
Homemade Jewelry Gift Ideas
Getting Started Making Jewelry
Essential Jewelry Making Tools
Ideas for Beaded Necklaces
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...