A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
803 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CRISTOBAL IS HERE!!! (well technically, Cristobal has always been here...)  (Read 1573 times)
Tags for this thread: costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

river_horse
« on: November 01, 2009 09:47:38 AM »

So the idea for this costume has been forming for the last few months, starting when my friends and I were saying how the name "Cristobal" sounds like "Crystal Ball". From then on I have become this ridiculous character, Cristobal. I wore the costume to school on Friday, which was the first time Cristobal made a public appearance, hehe. I didn't even think of posting it on here, but since i had already made this costume...
Before the pictures, a little background on Cristobal:
Cristobal talks in a Jamaican accent and is also Italian who says random words like "tortellini" and "lasagna" while waving her arms mysteriously . She is an all-knowing psychic who gives nonsense predictions by looking into her crystal ball to see the future. When Cristobal predicts the future, scary organ music and thunder plays and her cape blows furiously (idealistically) , but otherwise happy steel drum music plays.
uummmm, i think that's all you need to know about Cristobal...

The turban a friend helped me make, it's basically just a big pillow-hat wrapped with a big green tablecloth and then a big felt eye pinned on the front.
it was SO heavy.

I kept the crystal ball in my hand-made sling (which you can kinda see) cause a few weeks ago i got bit by a snake and still have to wear a sling (ugh), so whenever i made a prediction I would mysteriously take my crystal ball out from the depths of my cape, haha.

I made the cape, doesn't really need explaining, and then glued glitter on to say Cristobal with a huge eye, of course. I had to coat the glued glitter with watery glue because the glitter was coming off all over my house, but now it stays Smiley

Here is the whole costume, you can't really see the pants, but I made those too from here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254336.0

Hope you enjoyed!    
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009 09:48:07 AM by river_horse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

a positive attitude may not improve the situation, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009 11:05:41 AM »

I totally thought you were Prof. Quirrel from Harry Potter. lol. I'm a big fan of the giant turban. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fragglerocker1
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009 12:57:15 PM »

I LOVE that you made your own character! It's so fun to bring your mind to life  Cheesy  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Braid Your Hair for Christmas
Model Soo Joo Park on Her Blonde Hair
Top 3 Ways to Style a Shoulder Length Bob
How to Control Frizz and Static for Fine Hair
A Holiday Hair Bow in 2 Minutes Flat
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...