A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 81
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 32 **Discussion thread**  (Read 29992 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #630 on: November 19, 2009 09:17:30 PM »

YOSHI!!! Zelda, did I miss Yoshis?? I'd forgot all about them and then for some reason it popped into my head and I yelled out "Yoshi!" and made my poor dogs jump out of their skins. You should have seen the disgusted looks they gave me when they realized I wasn't in immediate danger.  Cheesy

No, you did not miss the Yoshis... they are still a WIP... but I have 2 that are very close to being finished (and a 3rd not so much, since I ran out of a certain color), they will be going with me to VA Beach for Thanksgiving... so I am hoping to have them done very soon!  I promise I will let you know, one of them is yours!

Well, I survived the movie, it was suprisingly a lot better than the first one, I think because there was much less Edward/Robert Pattison (who despite there being a new director is still a terrible actor).  But anyhow.  It was more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be and not only did we get the tickets for free, but they gave us gift cards on the way out.  Score.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #631 on: November 19, 2009 11:50:12 PM »

i am waiting for my felted cloud to dry (i am doing an experiment since I am sans felting needles), but I was wondering if any of ya'll had some bails, or knew a good place to buy them. I'm sure you do Smiley

i think i might just go and shop!

OMG, experiment worked!
i found the perfect beads and used book-binding thread to sew them on. For the bail, or lack thereof, I used the anchor end of those weird toggle clasps that I like to use as stitch markers... It's all hand stitched and felted and on a bright-silver chain. I may just be in love.

if anyone wants one I would be tickled pink to make another. odds are it will look tidier than this one, since it was my 1st.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009 01:50:11 AM by loudxmouse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: November 20, 2009 03:49:04 AM »

AQ am I reading your post right, or did you say that you wanted to give greg a neglige for xmas hehe. Its very cute though  Cheesy

lxm - i found decently priced bails on ebay. you can usually find it for $2 - $3 for about 100 - 200 plus shipping which is only a few extra bucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #633 on: November 20, 2009 04:35:19 AM »

teehee what's his size? i bet he'd look fab in it! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #634 on: November 20, 2009 06:12:49 AM »

Cute cloud!

AQ, that looks like this top: http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V9771.htm?tab=tops_blouses_includes_designer&page=3 with a simple skirt attached.  I don't know why the original is made with a tricot knit skirt, I'd choose charmeuse for the top (less stiff than the fabric on etsy) and a chiffon for the skirt.  It could also be done in drapey knits, but good knits are hard to find.  In a woven, it would use more fabric than you would expect, since the top is bias cut, and the skirt flares.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #635 on: November 20, 2009 08:46:31 AM »

You ladies... Grin  Trust me, Greg would be a very happy man if all I have him for Christmas was lingerie (for ME).

ptarmic, yep, that top looks about right. I don't care at all about the fabrics. In all honesty, if the bottom is sheer, he's not gonna spend much time looking at the quality of the fabric. Heck, I could probably just wrap myself in a piece of chiffon and he'd be happy.  Cool

If it's something you'd be up for, let me know. And I can always buy the fabric if it gets too expensive for an STS item by the time you figure in sewing, etc. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: November 20, 2009 08:49:59 AM »

You ladies... Grin  Trust me, Greg would be a very happy man if all I have him for Christmas was lingerie (for ME).

I'm sorry; I do sometimes have the mentality and maturity of a middle schooler. You didn't quite specify your request though so how could I NOT question it!?  Grin If Greg had nice legs though, maybe he could still pull it off. Hehe

(ok enough. I need to be productive at work and not make comments that I might only find funny...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #637 on: November 20, 2009 09:00:35 AM »

You ladies... Grin  Trust me, Greg would be a very happy man if all I have him for Christmas was lingerie (for ME).

I'm sorry; I do sometimes have the mentality and maturity of a middle schooler. You didn't quite specify your request though so how could I NOT question it!?  Grin If Greg had nice legs though, maybe he could still pull it off. Hehe

(ok enough. I need to be productive at work and not make comments that I might only find funny...)

Oh, he could totally pull it off. I'm just not sure that his hairy you-know-what (his butt, ladies, his butt) showing through the chiffon would do it for me. Grin

In crafty news, I've started going through the yarn. I found some possibilities for UntouchableFace, but nothing for aeronberry yet. Still have lots of baskets to go through, though!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009 09:28:04 AM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #638 on: November 20, 2009 09:21:31 AM »

Well, the whole thing can be made sheer, there is no reason not to make the entire dress in a sheer fabric, unless you want the top to be different. Or the top could be in a semi-sheer like this: http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/xcart/810438-Black-Polyester-Voile-Sheer-56-Wide.html with a more sheer fabric for the skirt.   Or if the whole thing was in one piece, the top could be nuno felted with some merino, with the wool tapering off below the waist (I wouldn't recommend a cowl with nuno though).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #639 on: November 20, 2009 09:29:16 AM »

Well, the whole thing can be made sheer, there is no reason not to make the entire dress in a sheer fabric, unless you want the top to be different. Or the top could be in a semi-sheer like this: http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/xcart/810438-Black-Polyester-Voile-Sheer-56-Wide.html with a more sheer fabric for the skirt.   Or if the whole thing was in one piece, the top could be nuno felted with some merino, with the wool tapering off below the waist (I wouldn't recommend a cowl with nuno though).

All sheer would probably be easiest, right? I'd be down with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 81 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...