A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 81
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 32 **Discussion thread**  (Read 30022 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« Reply #640 on: November 20, 2009 09:30:50 AM »

I actually like Robert Pattinson.  I don't think any of those boys are hot bc they're, well, boys.  Robert looks unkempt outside of the movie, but Kristin always has a sneer, so whatever.  Smiley  Jacob looks like a boy.  Robert & Kristin have good chemistry on screen.  Funny sidenote: I just read yesterday that Pattinson played Cedrick Diggory in Harry Potter!  Smiley

Well, I survived the movie, it was suprisingly a lot better than the first one, I think because there was much less Edward/Robert Pattison (who despite there being a new director is still a terrible actor).  But anyhow.  It was more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be and not only did we get the tickets for free, but they gave us gift cards on the way out.  Score.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #641 on: November 20, 2009 09:53:09 AM »

Jacob looks like a boy. 

He IS a boy!  He's only 17!  That's 10 years younger than me!  YIKES!

Just finished going through TONS of Q's old baby clothes and stuff... kept some, but getting rid of most of it... (no, I am not going to wait, in case it turns out she's a he...) I can't believe how much stuff I kept (and I even got rid of stuff before I bagged all this stuff up)... I have 4 of the XL ziplock big bags to give away (sizes 0-18 mos).  Now I am thoroughly exhausted.  Going to run some errands and then hoping to do a little sewing later this afternoon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #642 on: November 20, 2009 10:03:46 AM »

Okay, I skimmed through all I've missed and what caught my eye the most was "hairy butt" LOL LOL LOL!

Cloud necklaces are cute! Cowls will be done sometime next week or the week after. Perfect for Christmas!

There are people I'm supposed to be getting back to. I'm really really busy. If I haven't answered your PM I promise I will later. Right now I'm running 30 minutes late to my 3 hour lecture thanks to my lovely husband.  Angry He's in twubble. (as my 2 year old would say.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: November 20, 2009 10:56:57 AM »

Would there be any interest in Peas on Earth cards? I'm making a batch tomorrow and can make some extra if there is interest Smiley

And talking of hairy men...everyone in my bloke's office are growing beards for December! I can't imagine some of them will get beyond 'bum fluff'! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #644 on: November 20, 2009 11:15:17 AM »

I'm closing down my shop for this round, and for the foreseeable future  Sad I still have to spend down my points though and of course I'll still be around for chatter, but I just wanted to let you guys know that my hot goods are off the market (literally and figuratively haha).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crumpet79

Never quite sure what I'm going to make next...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #645 on: November 20, 2009 12:12:54 PM »

Would there be any interest in Peas on Earth cards?

This reminds me of last time I was at home visiting my parents - we were driving on the motorway somewhere and every overpass for about 2 miles had "PEAS" spray painted on it.  I could only figure the tagger was going for peace!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #646 on: November 20, 2009 12:31:06 PM »

[quote author=crumpet79 link=topic=326187.msg3794007#msg3794007 date=1258747974

This reminds me of last time I was at home visiting my parents - we were driving on the motorway somewhere and every overpass for about 2 miles had "PEAS" spray painted on it.  I could only figure the tagger was going for peace!

[/quote]

Surrender Dorothy!  (dc area reference that probably no one will get Smiley  )

re: sheers; Yes, an all-sheer dress with no waist seam would be easiest.  It would need to be in a poly sheer, though, since silk sheers are usually only 45" wide and bias-cut dresses usually need 60" wide fabrics.  I do have that bias cowl top pattern and have made it before.  Poly chiffons tend to be a little stiffer than silk, but less easily damaged and are available in lots of colors and prints (or probably even sparkle glitter if you are into that kind of thing).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #647 on: November 20, 2009 12:40:06 PM »

I was curious and googled!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrender_Dorothy

Very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #648 on: November 20, 2009 01:06:20 PM »

[quote author=crumpet79 link=topic=326187.msg3794007#msg3794007 date=1258747974

This reminds me of last time I was at home visiting my parents - we were driving on the motorway somewhere and every overpass for about 2 miles had "PEAS" spray painted on it.  I could only figure the tagger was going for peace!

re: sheers; Yes, an all-sheer dress with no waist seam would be easiest.  It would need to be in a poly sheer, though, since silk sheers are usually only 45" wide and bias-cut dresses usually need 60" wide fabrics.  I do have that bias cowl top pattern and have made it before.  Poly chiffons tend to be a little stiffer than silk, but less easily damaged and are available in lots of colors and prints (or probably even sparkle glitter if you are into that kind of thing).

[/quote]

I personally wouldn't mind one either! I think it would be super pretty. Smiley Though I'd be down with a knit or a sheer if it wasn't to pricey. Whatever is less expensive and does the job. though I'd need it to be a bit shorter than the mannequin was wearing in the example.
So that's 2 of us now! lol
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009 01:06:34 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #649 on: November 20, 2009 01:22:56 PM »

... (or probably even sparkle glitter if you are into that kind of thing).

Greg would FLIP for sparkle glitter! I, on the other hand, prefer elegant. So maybe I need two of these things? Grin  Heading over to pm you, ptarmic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 81 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips from a Real Dad: Easy DIY Superhero Capes For Kids
How to Make a Coffee-Filter Tree
Indoor Holiday Branch Tree
How to Select the Perfect Christmas Tree
Personalizing the Holiday Dinner Table
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...