A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 81
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 32 **Discussion thread**  (Read 29479 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #610 on: November 19, 2009 07:32:22 AM »

Good tips on the yarn skeins!  I was wondering the same thing... I have been avoiding using any others that I have after my first attempt to use one that almost drove me completely insane, haha.

Today should be a productive day.  My FIL is coming to pick up Q around noon so they can play all day (he might take him to a movie, which would be good since it's pretty yucky outside and he's been begging to go see a movie for weeks) which mean I will have all kinds of time to myself for finishing up these dachshund purses and doing some secret swap crafting.  I am hoping to even be able to catch up on some TV! 
Then tonight we are having dinner with the inlaws (which means I don't have to cook or worry about what to make for dinner) and then Q will be spending the night with them while we go to a movie.  Husband got free tickets to a sneak preview/private screening of the new Twilight movie (it's at 9:30, so only a little sneaky before it comes out at midnight, haha).  I have not read the books and am sorry to admit that after watching the first movie don't really see the appeal (maybe I just couldn't see past the terrible acting, which my husband hopes will be better in this new one since there's a new director)... but it's a free movie... so yea.  I am just going to assume the books are really good and that the movie is just for eye candy... though I also don't really get the appeal of Robert Pattison either... I am sorry Twilight lovers... I don't mean to be a hater.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeapFeetFirst
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #611 on: November 19, 2009 07:52:54 AM »

The first time I tried to wind a ball from a skein of yarn, I made a HUGE mess. After that, I convinced my husband to build me a swift. I think it only cost about $2.00 for the dowels and the wood.

If anyone claims yarn from my shop, I can wind it in a ball before shipping- just let me know.

I never read the Twilight books either. I rented the first movie a while ago, I thought it was hilariously awful- the acting was so bad. I did just watch a MST3K-like version of the movie last night on youtube- now that was funny Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #612 on: November 19, 2009 08:14:36 AM »

I'll be adding some fun jewelry to my shop in the next round.  All the talk about sweets in our Santa swap has activated my sweet tooth and the urge to craft something for our sweet tooth! Cheesy
Can't wait to see what you come up with! Smiley

Thanks!! I am just trying to figure out how best to attach bails on them now.  Smiley 

Cool site LL.  It's fun to see people who push the limits.  Smiley

Happy Crafting!  Off to check the other thread.   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
crumpet79

Never quite sure what I'm going to make next...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #613 on: November 19, 2009 10:31:29 AM »

My favorite way to wind a ball without a ball winder is to sit on the couch with my knees up, pop the skein over my knees and then just wind it from there.  I've had the very occasional tangle, but it's always worked pretty well for me. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #614 on: November 19, 2009 10:46:26 AM »

I wish I could sit like that on the couch (or comfortably put socks on, haha)... I can't believe how big I am already... silly baby girl, sitting SOOOOOO low.

And away I go to get some puppy sewing done.  If I come back before 4, yell at me to stay on task!  I need a supervisor to keep me from screwing around...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #615 on: November 19, 2009 12:01:45 PM »

if i can lure any of you dieters.... anyone who orders mallows from me will get brand new, made the same day, FRESH mallows.
between me, my grandma, my electrical contractor (and hot cocoa enthusiast) and sheepblue I am cleaned out! But that's fine, because they are a blast to make!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #616 on: November 19, 2009 12:31:03 PM »

I have not read the books and am sorry to admit that after watching the first movie don't really see the appeal (maybe I just couldn't see past the terrible acting, which my husband hopes will be better in this new one since there's a new director)... but it's a free movie... so yea.  I am just going to assume the books are really good and that the movie is just for eye candy... though I also don't really get the appeal of Robert Pattison either... I am sorry Twilight lovers... I don't mean to be a hater.  Sad

I have read the books loved them and was very disappointed with the first movie. I too hope the second is better. Also Don't get robert pattison. Tongue The kid who plays Jacob is way hotter. But then I always liked Jacob better. anywho this is a whole other conversation....

Luckily hubby is getting out of it as one of my BFF's and her mom want to see it so I will probably try to go with them! The second book was my favorite of the 4 so I hope the second movie is good too.

On a crafty note I got a new hard case for my Gameboy Advance and will have the old one for crafty purposes. This is the actual case, screen, buttons etc just not the guts basically. Anyone interested in it for some cool crafty project? I was trying to think of a way to make it into a wallet but am at a loss for how to make it work... lol
Anywho Been spray painting the new one green since that color doesn't exist to buy on e-bay. I found out though I need a different screwdriver and I don't have it! Tongue
So frustrated!

I bought the beads needed for the triple moon bracelet and am really excited about that. I think I'm going to start that in a moment!

Edited to add: The hooks in Lo{ve}'s shop are some of my favorite kinds! I highly recommend them! MY J hook is always in a project! lol
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009 12:43:25 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: November 19, 2009 01:34:07 PM »

ZS - LOL @ your comment about the Twilight movie. The books are decent and entertaining in my opinion but I'm glad I waited until the twilight movie went to the local dollar theater before shelling out the money to see it. The girl who plays Bella overdoes it with her facial expressions I think, and the Patterson guy, oie. The scene where they first encounter each other in the science class was so painful. And you can tell he's trying to hide his accent in his stilted talking. VERY annoying.

Anyway, end rant.

I'm gonna get a bit crafty with my secret santa projects and a claim to send out. After a hot shower! That's just what I need.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #618 on: November 19, 2009 03:28:37 PM »

Oh totally forgot to common on the handspun winding advice. Thanks guys! I actually was winding the handspun I got from UF recently and ended up opening up the wrap and putting it around my legs and working that way which was pretty effective for the most part. I figured there's so many people out there that get and work with handspun that there must be a better way lol. Now to just untangle the huge mess I made out of the rainbow snot  Roll Eyes I'll get it eventually.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #619 on: November 19, 2009 03:36:01 PM »

YOSHI!!! Zelda, did I miss Yoshis?? I'd forgot all about them and then for some reason it popped into my head and I yelled out "Yoshi!" and made my poor dogs jump out of their skins. You should have seen the disgusted looks they gave me when they realized I wasn't in immediate danger.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 81 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Put Together a Vintage Style Scrapbook
How to Choose Scrapbook Papers
How to Create Iron On Transfer Patterns
How to Pick Scrapbook Supplies
How to Make a Scrapbook
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...