A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Art Quilt Swap 2 Gallery  (Read 17659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lique
My Motto: If you can't find it, buy another one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2009 06:05:54 AM »

What a great idea for the space quilt, it is so cute and that one will grow with him too. Great job on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fabricfriend
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2009 08:03:10 AM »

sorry guys-i've been down with the swine flue for a week or so and i am just now getting my feet back on the floor. the quilts are really amazing. what a variety of themes-music,dresses,circles,seasons and flowers-just to name a few. all different and all wonderful. i am hoping to post pic's of my own today. ryverchyld outdid herself on this one!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
magadoo

I'm a robot in disguise

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2009 03:20:54 PM »

Wow!  That season quilt is great- I love how the background is like a mosaic.  And the daisy and space quilt are amazing too.  I'm totally jealous of everyone's skill!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RyverChyld
♥Live ♥ Laugh ♥ Love♥

I Believe in Fairies!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2009 04:50:15 AM »

I received yesterday from fabricfriend!!  YAY!! Grin

Here is my MAQ!! Grin

Close up of the apples stitching!  Really cool thread work!  You can see the hand embroidery stitches around the edge!  I like how she left the edges all frayed and ragged edge! Grin

Apples in bowl  The fabric is all hand painted  She painted the background and apples, leaves and bowl (What kind of paint did you use?? Huh)  Then she decoupaged some printed paper on the apples.  Then she free motion stitched around all the apples and leaves and bowl to outline them!  Really Cool! Grin

Another pic!  I love how she did the free motion stitching!

Thank you so much fabricfriend!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RyverChyld
♥Live ♥ Laugh ♥ Love♥

I Believe in Fairies!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2009 06:46:02 AM »

I will go ahead and post the Mini Art Quilt that I made since fabricfriend is very sick.  Feel better fabricfriend!

I used 2 of her themes:  India  and Religion
When I think of India I always think of beautiful elephants draped with carpets and tassels!
I machine appliqued a decorated elephant. I satin stitched all the appliques!  The back ground with the stars is meant to be the night sky.  The light circle is like the moon and the elephant is dancing and prancing happily across in front of the moon.  The quilting lines radiate out from the moon.  It is quilted with gold metallic thread.  I used alot of bright, rich colors and purples and golds which are royalty colors.

This is a Buddist celtic endless knot.  It symbolizes the endless cycle of birth, life, death and rebirth and how all things are connected and related to each other.  The circle is also symbolic.  The Endless Knot is one of the most favored symbols in Tibetan Buddhism. It is composed of right-angled, intertwined lines that signifies the dramatic interplay and interaction of the opposing forces in the dualistic world of manifestation, leading to their union, and ultimately to harmony in the universe. This fact is reflected in the symmetrical and regular form of the endless knot.
The intertwining of lines remind us how all phenomena are conjoined and yoked together as a closed cycle of cause and effect. The whole composition is a pattern that is closed on in itself with no gaps, leading to a form of great simplicity and fully balanced harmony.
Since all phenomena are interrelated, the placing of The Endless Knot on a gift or greeting card is understood to establish an auspicious connection between the giver and the recipient. At the same time, the recipient is led to righteous karma, being reminded that future positive effects have their roots in the causes of the present. This is because the knot represents a connection, a link with our fates, binding us to our karmic destiny. Since the knot has no beginning or end it also symbolizes the infinite wisdom of the Buddha.
The Circle of Life is a symbolic representation of saṃsāra in the form of a circle , used primarily in Tibetan Buddhism. Saṃsāra is the continuous cycle of birth, life, and death from which one liberates oneself through enlightenment  into which a being is continually reborn until they attain nirvana.

Close up of elephant, I made the 2 tassles myself!  I drew the eye with fabric markers!

I machine embroidered positive words around the circle,  The top says "Believe", then the left says "Hope"

The right side says "Trust"

The bottom of the circle says  "Faith"

I also hand sewed lots of little seed beads around the circle!

There is alot of thought and symbolism in the little  20" x 22"  mini quilt!

I had alot of fun making this mini quilt! Grin

Thanks for organizing the MAQ swaps  MareMare! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zen_crafter

Be the change you want to see in the world

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2009 02:15:48 PM »

I like those 2!!  They are all so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She who dies with the most fabric, wasted a lot of time!!

www.EnrightDesigns. etsy.com

www.wists.com/zen_crafter
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2009 02:49:33 PM »

That elephant quilt is beautiful
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2009 05:14:34 PM »

RyverChyld - that quilt is beautiful and you put alot of thought into the religion portion, kudos to you, terrific job!

Fabricfriend - I LOVE your quilt that you created! wow, that is beautiful and your free motion quilting is awesome! terrific job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2009 06:57:35 PM »

Here's the Winter quilt that kissing.shadows made for me. I only got one shot before my batteries died-(and my backup batteries were dead too!)

If you look closely you can see the beads on the snowflakes and in the hand tied quilting! I'm excited to add it to my winter decorations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2009 06:59:23 PM »

woooow. I love snow flakes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Monte Reel Talks About The Last of the Tribe
Rachel Renee Russell Talks About Dork Diaries II
Jeffrey Deaver Talks About The Burning Wire
Interpreting Character: Shakespeare
Amy Hill Hearth Talks About Strong Medicine Speaks
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...