A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: kokoleo.com - comments/critiques please!  (Read 1201 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kokoleo
« on: April 20, 2005 12:22:36 AM »

www.kokoleo.com

It's official. My stuff is finally in cyberspace, no longer hiding in my sewing room. I'd love to get your opinions, comments, critiques, words of wisdom etc. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jujubecraftin
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005 01:29:53 AM »

Great site!! it's very easy to navigate and it's soooo cute.  The background and colors/designs used really match the products. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itscribe
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005 07:15:32 AM »

Am really liking your things; even when you used the same pattern, each item has its own unique look!

On the product pages, I think I would make the thumbnails a little bigger. On the stuffed stuff page the thumbnails are overwhelmed by the banner.

When talking about the butterfly pillow I think I would change the verbiage a bit. Instead of "the child" maybe put "your child", "your little one" or some other more warm/ownership/relationship type phrase. "The child" sounds cold.

"If you’d like, I’ll stitch the child’s name on the pocket for free (under 10 letters please)." Maybe change to "Your child's name can also be hand stitched on the pocket for no additional charge; up to 10 letters." Maybe even have another pillow pictured with a common name displayed as well.

Love the description for Toofus! What fun.

The clothesline on the picket fence display for the clothes is a nice look. I like too that you list measurements instead of just sizes.

French seams, might want to add a longer description of them in your FAQ page. Many of us on Craftster will know that means extra sewing effort and a much more professional looking seam and while you do mention that perhaps a picture or two would be helpful for those customers who have no idea what a French seam is.

Sighs, and wishes I could sew half as well as you do.

Front page mouseover told me to click on any picture to go in; when I clicked on most of the pictures it seemed like it was going to take me in, then the area where the picture had been went black, and then the picture came back. Would maybe alter the mouseover to only appear on the section that actually takes the visitor to the main part of your site.

Again, I am on slow dial up. Love your banner, make sure you have compressed the size. The front page took quite a while to load.

Like the name too. While not directly linked to what you are making; it sounds boutique kitsch.

Good luck, your stuff is wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kokoleo
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005 10:25:09 AM »

Thanks so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to look through the website and comment. Crafster rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscribe
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005 12:06:10 PM »

You're welcome.

It's kinda fun to look at other folks sites and to help them make them better. Wish there was a job for that somewhere.

I am still trying to get passed the idea phase to jumping in and selling my stuff. I picture selling on such a small scale that the whole idea of licensing and taxes doesn't fit with my idea of attending a craft fair once a year.

I admire all you folks out there who are taking your passions and making a business out of it.

Best of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005 03:30:14 PM »

1. cute start up, but generally you shouldn't really use a splash page

2. i think the text box is a little too far down the page. try making the space between the logo and the box abit smaller, and maybe center the logo?

3. your about page is great, adding where you are based would be nice

4. you need to make it clear that the $16.00 or whatever is just for teh flower, not the top as well. i was a bit confused! it should say 'smaller tweed flower'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april_cocaine
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005 03:34:56 PM »

sorry, i pressed post accidently Tongue

5. the shop layout is really nice, i think you could do with making the back buttons a little more obvious

6. i think the name info should be on the about page, not the info page. it's confusing having it at the top there.

7. there is no international info at all! shipping/paying etc

gret site, i love the baby clothes, i may just order some for my mum's new baby when it arrives in october.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kokoleo
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005 04:00:30 PM »

Thanks! I'll take all this into consideration. I'm going back tonight to make some adjustments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aimerette
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005 05:53:56 PM »

I love your site!  Everything is so personable and unique...just like your creations!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miaumiau
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005 05:32:00 PM »

I really like your site.  It definitely has its own "flava" but the flava doesn't overwhelm... marvelous!  I tend to agree with Ms. Cocaine about splash pages, but yours is so COOL looking I'm a little torn...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

in slack we funk
http://angrytooth.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Chic Ways to Bundle Up in Style This Winter
Fur Fashion for Fall and Winter
Fur Trends for the Fall and Winter Season
Tips for Outfits That Break Fashion Rules
Tips for Finding the Right Coat
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...