A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip:  Avoid bath salts and exfoliants.  They destroy tasty rotting flesh.
Total Members: 302,545
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hubcap Clock  (Read 6160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

candywarhol
« on: April 19, 2005 11:09:41 PM »

I found this beautiful hubcap in the parking lot of an adult video store, of all places.

When I decided to turn it into a clock I didn't even realize it had exactly 12 spokes in the right places! For this reason, I elected not to bother with adding numbers .

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009 09:15:41 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005 05:13:39 AM »

So THAT'S what one uses hubcaps for.. Wink there's this place by the road in the middle of the woods a couple of miles (50 maybe?) north of here which we drive by when we're going north for christmas.. And whoever lives there has got to have like a billion hubcaps. Because they're everywhere on the front of the house, on a fence by the road, and so on.. I should write him/her a letter and tell him/her what to make with all of it... Grin
Or ask if I could have one. *s*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
candywarhol
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005 09:07:53 AM »

So THAT'S what one uses hubcaps for.. Wink there's this place by the road in the middle of the woods a couple of miles (50 maybe?) north of here which we drive by when we're going north for christmas.. And whoever lives there has got to have like a billion hubcaps. Because they're everywhere on the front of the house, on a fence by the road, and so on.. I should write him/her a letter and tell him/her what to make with all of it... Grin
Or ask if I could have one. *s*

Gosh, just think of all the clocks he could have! That would be a good place to check for a nice one, though. I always see hubcaps on the side of the road but they are the new crappy looking plastic ones. I was thrilled to find an actual old school metal one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candywarhol
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005 09:09:03 AM »

what a great idea. i'm always fascinated by hubcabs when i see them lying around the side of the road somewhere, but i never take them home. Yours is very pretty and i think it was a good decision to not add numbers.

Thanks! For years I wanted to pick up every hubcap I saw but I kept asking myself, "But what would I do with it?" It wasn't until I finally brought one home that I figured it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redthewitch75
You are Here.

"If eat is a labour, I'll slave til the end!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005 10:04:07 PM »

Ohhh. I want spinnerz!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

picklechick
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005 02:34:11 PM »

That is so wicked cool. I need to find me a hub cap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Ash
honorhappy
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005 08:02:07 PM »

i too always find hubcaps everywhere and think that they would have an RAAR grr ugggh use if I could figure something out.  i wanted to collect a bunch and just make a display on my wall, maybe paint the uglier ones bright wonderful colors.  Unfortunately, I don't really have that kind of space, and I know that roomie would never approve.  maybe picture frames?  Somehow adhere them to furnture?  I eat the clock, it's just gotten me brainstorming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darcangel
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005 12:32:30 AM »

oof, i eat it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I already made like an infinite of those at scout camp..." -Napoleon Dynamite
emy
extra curricular activity queen

don't eat my cactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005 09:06:21 AM »

Thats a great idea! *feels the urge to go exploring dad's car with hammer*...i may try this sometime...Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm not lazy, i'm energy efficient
OxMonkey
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005 08:50:11 PM »

i like it very much...i think i'm gonna steal my brother's old hubcaps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken and Mushroom Strudel on Baby Spinach Recipe
How to Cook Tilapia
How to Make Southwest Sauce
How to Use a Smoker Box
How to Cook Pork Ribs
Latest Blog Articles
The Latest in Zombie Decor
I Am Zombie Homer
Beware! Zombunnies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...