A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,541
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Present: Refrigerator Ransom Poetry Magnets (images insides)  (Read 8511 times)
Tags for this thread: magnet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scifimama
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009 08:46:43 AM »

What an amazingly simple yet totally awesome idea!  I am also making some.  Today. If not sooner.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancedupapillon
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009 02:54:53 PM »

I really like the ransom note look of these magnets!  I think I'll make a couple sets of these: one in french for my friend (she's in education with me at the fracophone campus of our university) and one for my boyfriend the English major.  These would also make awesome stocking stuffers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
Bayliss126
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009 02:47:06 PM »

The words have a bit of shine to them, I'm wondering if you're using any type of sealant on them? I'm wondering if clear nail polish or something like that would work to give them some extra protection...or if you think they're fairly sturdy as is?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Toxicvixen
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009 04:31:51 AM »

Wow, this is one of those projects I just love stumbling across!  I like yours WAY better than the store bought ones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neeliarose
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009 10:17:39 PM »

Amazing idea! I may have to make these for our next place. I think we'd probably use them to make inappropriate sentences... or notes for each other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009 04:21:48 AM »

This is a wonderful idea, and perfect for blokes! It looks really great too with all the different fonts Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yossarian
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009 01:17:59 AM »

This is so fantastic! I am a lover of interesting, quirky and unusual words, so a personalized magnetic poetry set would be a dream for me!!
I feel I should make a set for my friend I will be living with next year...just so I can use them!!

Sure hope I can find some of this stuff in NZ!!!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bunnikins
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009 09:12:29 AM »

What a great idea. We are doing a craft session with my Cadettes and this would be perfect. If you are making these as a gift, how would you present them? In a bag?
Also, did you work from a list of words that you thought you should have? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summerland1975

Ickle Me Pickle Me Tickle Me Too

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009 05:31:53 PM »

I love magnetic poetry!  I do believe you found an efficient way to create this fun gift idea.

I was wondering how you were planning on packaging these?  I made some for a nine year old girl, and put them in a vintage lunchbox so that the entire poetry set was portable and could go on road trips with her.  Later, she told me she took some of them out and put them in a small tin to carry in her backpack.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -Alice
yossarian
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009 07:10:13 PM »

I am putting together a set for my friend. So far I have 329 words. The thing I am finding hardest is all the wee words like 'the, and, at, it,' etc, someone who has made a set, would you PLEASE be able to send me all of those words you used? I don't want to miss any out!!! 

I'm having heaps of fun, and learning a lot of new words in the process. =)

For storage, I thought putting them all in a decorated altoid tin, should be just the right size. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make White Coconut Curry with Tempeh Part 2/3
How to Make White Coconut Curry with Tempeh Part 1/3
Rice Cracker Crusted Tuna Appetizer Recipe
How to Make Miso Soup
How to Make a Diet Oriental Salad Dressing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...