A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,803
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rufflely-Striped Skirt, popping my post cherry. Please be gentle.  (Read 3703 times)
Tags for this thread: skirt , ruffle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

swans.
« on: October 26, 2009 06:58:36 PM »

i made this for a girl that i was friends with. We were going to a goth night, and the theme was circus//masquerade.

It took about five hours. That is including designing the skirt, cutting out the pieces, hand basting the pleats and sewing it all together. It is made out of Day of the Dead fabric from my stash, Black&white striped cotton and lace that i've had forever. i recycled the zipper from a pair of shorts.

Sorry for the terrible pictures, but my photobucket is doing odd things and i really cannot get better ones.

My lovely and patient body pillow is modeling the skirt in the first shot.

This is the only picture i got of it on Cheshire. Taken with a cellphone, in a dimly lit house. Before all of her makeup was on. We were going to do an actual photo-shoot. But we had a mild falling out.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009 12:53:39 PM by swans. - Reason: ((attempted to edit the pictures. this is as good as it gets)) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009 08:18:20 PM »

I wish I could see this bigger, it looks very well made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

azumwalt
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009 08:18:34 PM »

Falling out?  OH NO! Well, I hope it works out.   I cant see very well, but what I can see does look pretty sweet. I love the fabric.  I like the top it is paired with as well.  Nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elphelba
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009 11:15:17 PM »

Too bad photobucket is an [offensive expletive of your choice]. It looks like a really cute outfit though with an interesting combination of fabrics. I'm a sucker for anything striped Smiley. Hopefully it will be more cooperative later and you can repost some larger pics, I'd really like to get a better look at it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
Psycho Sue
Vintage Rock N Roll Vixen

~vintage junky and local rock star~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009 07:04:37 AM »

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

ooo girl that is HAWT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dawgmind
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009 12:15:45 PM »

Very creative work. If she's not your friend anymore, ask her to give it back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swans.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009 12:20:51 PM »

I wish I could see this bigger, it looks very well made.

Thank you, in a moment i am going to try and beat Photobucket into working.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swans.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009 12:25:29 PM »

Falling out?  OH NO! Well, I hope it works out.   I cant see very well, but what I can see does look pretty sweet. I love the fabric.  I like the top it is paired with as well.  Nice job!

Even tho we are all in our 20s, some of my friends decided to revert to high school. Thank you tho. The top is a hottopic-y "corset" but it looked perfect.

Too bad photobucket is an [offensive expletive of your choice]. It looks like a really cute outfit though with an interesting combination of fabrics. I'm a sucker for anything striped Smiley. Hopefully it will be more cooperative later and you can repost some larger pics, I'd really like to get a better look at it.

Photobucket is a jerk. Stripes are epic tho, thank you.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

ooo girl that is HAWT!

Thanks! i need to post more pictures of stuff i have made.

Very creative work. If she's not your friend anymore, ask her to give it back!

Haha, that would not work well. "Hello ladyface, you dislike me, but you know that skirt i made? Yeah, i would love it back". i am hoping that we get over our differences at least long enough for a photoshoot.

Thank you all for the nice comments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessProcrastination
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009 01:49:55 PM »

Lovely! Great combination of fabrics, and the ruffles are awesome. Hope you and your friend can make up soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swans.
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009 03:08:13 PM »

Lovely! Great combination of fabrics, and the ruffles are awesome. Hope you and your friend can make up soon!

Thank you! I hope so as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about basic Chinese cooking equipment
Art of Chinese Cooking - Food Basics Part 2 of 8
Art of Chinese Cooking - Food Basics Part 1 of 8
How to Make a Sushi Roll
How to Make Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...