A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vaguely Ironic Edward Cullen Costume?  (Read 5255 times)
Tags for this thread: twilight , costume , costume_idea , halloween_costume  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SquidPrincess
cephalopod rockstar and all around space babe

just a (squid) girl and her zombie friend

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2009 06:25:24 AM »

So, I'm not a Twilight fan. In fact, I kinda talk a lot of smack about Twilight (I read Dracula when I was 9, so I'm a vamp traditionalist). However... I like being ridiculous, and I like glitter, and somehow the other day I snapped in fangs and improv'd my understanding of the series ('HELLO I AM EDWARD CULLEN. I PLAY BASEBALL. I WILL NEVER HURT YOU, BELLA. I WILL GET YOU VAMPIRE PREGNANT,' essentially...) and it just occurred to me that, well...WHY NOT? I'll do a more gory, complicated costume for Halloween night, but for wandering around at school, being Edward might be great fun.

I have fangs and hair I can spike up. What else do I need? Sparkly body sheen, I guess...if anyone has any recs. And, I don't know, what would look distinctively Edward? Again, I haven't read the books, so I don't know any details.

Mostly I want suggestions for cheesy Edward specific pick up lines. I will deliver them all with a straight (and awkwardly seductive?!) face, I promise.

Here's me:

My hair is a biiit longer now, but I think I can still get it to go into the right shape. Obviously it isn't in either of those, but I've never tried it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Revolution is a trivial shift in the emphasis of suffering." --Tom Stoppard
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/spooookypants/
la felicidad tiene tu nombre y tu piel
variableenigma
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009 06:35:00 AM »

"You're like my very own, personal brand of heroin.." -EC

lol, I'm not a fan, either, but my mom kidnapped me and forced me to watch the movie! That's the only line I remember, because it's so completely hilarious. I think your costume is going to be awesome, I want pictures!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009 11:17:35 AM by variableenigma - Reason: Originally I wrote "cocaine"- but apparently I guessed the wrong drug, he actually says heroin. lol, Goes to show how much I paid attention :P » THIS ROCKS   Logged
InShambles
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009 06:58:36 AM »

The Twilight vampires don't have fangs. It doesn't seem like you're really going for accuracy but I figured I would mention it.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist - http://wists.com/InShambles
Art + Music = Happiness
CrazyCristyC

http://tossedcookies.wordpress.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009 07:38:27 AM »

Haha, I love it!  (Same here for Dracula...)  Umm, I've actually read all of the books and seen the one movie (they're ludicrously hilarious) but if you want the short and dirty, I'd recommend cleolinda's much-praised review of the twilight books.  It's a bit long, but she's not a crazy fan so it's actually a really funny read.
http://cleoland.pbworks.com/Twilight#Bookdiscussionentries  Be warned, they're not in the order of the books.

Edward's lines just need to be delivered with slightly possessed, needy puppy dog eyes.  The Buffy-Twilight mashup video does a pretty good job of picking the best of the Edward pickup line quotes. (Buffy just has an extremely different reaction to them..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwM3GvaTRM

And because I'm stuck in a boring Chem lecture, I even picked out some quotes (yay for IMDB!), although purists will complain that the movie doesn't follow the book verbatim but the general idea is there:

Edward Cullen: And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
Isabella Swan: What a stupid lamb.
Edward Cullen: What a sick, masochistic lion.

Edward Cullen: [to Bella] You are my life now.

Isabella Swan: Did you follow me?
Edward Cullen: I... I feel very protective of you.
Isabella Swan: So you followed me.

Edward Cullen: I hate you for making me want you so much.

Edward Cullen: You don't know how long I've waited for you.

Isabella Swan: Do you do this a lot?
Edward Cullen: Just the past couple of months. I like watching you sleep. I find it fascinating.

Edward Cullen: My family, we're different from others of our kind. We only drink animal blood, but it's your scent. It's like a drug to me. It's like you're my own personal brand of heroin.
Isabella Swan: Why did you hate me so much when we met?
Edward Cullen: I did, only because of wanting you so badly. I still don't know if I can control myself.

Edward Cullen: That's because you believe only the lies... the camouflage. I'm the world's most dangerous predator, Bella. Every thing about me invites you in. My voice, my face, even my smell. As if I would need any of that... as if you could out run me... as if you could fight me off. I'm designed to kill.
Isabella Swan: I don't care.

So...  I hope that helps!  You make for a disturbingly accurate Edward Cullen, by the way.
- Cristy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

claire313

Make Tea, Not War!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009 08:21:39 AM »

oh this is hilarious...

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammysam

~*Cutie Patootie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009 08:45:04 AM »

oh this is an awesome idea! i'm particularly fond of his "You are my life now"  Cheesy

you should read this guy's take on the book..his posts are quite amazing! http://community.sparknotes.com/2009/07/16/blogging-twilight-index-page
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/xxstargazer

!Current Swaps!
October 2009 Birthday Swap
Celebrating Twilight
Dem

I love yarn ever so much.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009 09:35:07 AM »

LULZ.
I love your idea.
I want pictures.

As for pick up lines.
I think you could really tweak the lion lamb junk to be hilarious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RockDragon
Slayer of Dragons with Rocking Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009 09:42:07 AM »

Brilliant idea!  I can't think of any lines off the top of my head, but you may want to do the pale, matte, high contrast makeup so you look undead Smiley  Silent looming would probably work well also Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ladycakes
night owlish

fire my spirit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009 11:11:47 PM »

I think you should run about doing the bit with "THIS IS THE SKIN OF A KILLER!" and ripping the top of your shirt open to show off the sparkles!

You're mad cute, by the by.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WMA
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009 06:10:30 AM »

http://oxymoronassoc.livejournal.com/462027.html#cutid1 <--Hilarious conversation about how Edward can be compared to a miserable 40 year old housewife. This could help you on your way lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Sunset Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Sports Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Product Photography
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...