A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Black Kitty Cat Hat - Now with a VERY rough basic pattern included  (Read 16617 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , cat , hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mousica

Creating Crafty Goodness!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009 08:16:13 PM »

Oh my gosh I love the hat! I would love to buy the pattern if you have it. My step-daughter would go nuts over a hat like this.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Green Elevator

Green Elevator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009 05:46:15 AM »

Thank you so much everyone!!

I've gotten a lot of questions and comments on this and my other "ear hats" on how I did it and requests for a pattern. I actually never work from a pattern because I tend to mess up more with one than without, for some reason. I had a hard time with ear hats when I first tried to make them but I swear it's really easy! Here are some really rough directions on how to do it, I think I'm going to make a nice tutorial soon. I mean.. No one should have to suffer with out an ear hat!

I used thick chunky yarn and size 5.5mm crochet hook for the hat.
For the ties I used a size 9.00mm crochet hook.

Beanie Hat:
Chain 2
Stitch 5 Double Crochets in the first chain loop
Stitch 2 Double Crochets into each of the 5 stitches (this will leave you with 10)
Stitch 2 Double Crochets into each of the 10 stitches (this will leave you with 20)
Stitch 2 Double Crochets into each of the 20 stitches (this will leave you with 40)
Stitch 2 Double Crochets into every FOURTH stitch (this will leave you with 50) = 1 DC, 1 DC, 1 DC, 2 DC ::repeat to end::
Stitch 1 Double Crochet in each 50 stitches around and around until you reach the desired length.

Ears:
Crochet 4 triangles (I think mine were 12 across at the bottom). I believe I stitched two together on each side of every other row until I got to the desired height of my ears.
Stitch pink felt in the center of one triangle.
Single Crochet the edges of the 2 sets of triangles together (you can sew but I like to crochet to make the seams stronger) leaving the bottom open.
Stuff the ears with yarn, fabric, stuffing, what ever you like (I used shreds of foam stuffing).
Using a yarn needle, sew the ears to the top of the hat at the position you want them to be in.

Ear Flaps:
Decide how wide you want your ear flaps to be. I think mine were about 10 stitches to start with. At the bottom of your hat insert your hook where ever you want to start the ear flap, pull yarn through, and crochet the 10 stitches across.
Stitch two together, double crochet 6 across, Stitch 2 together. Next row, Stitch 2 together, double crochet 4 across, stitch 2 together.

Ties:
I folded over once piece of yarn so it was 2 strands thick to crochet with. Got a large hook, and chain stitched to desired length then looped through the bottom of the hat.

I'm sorry if that was all really confusing, but I hope that helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to message me! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009 05:50:28 AM by Green Elevator » THIS ROCKS   Logged

niczilla

www.niczilla.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009 09:45:35 PM »

ohhh, i need to make one! thanks for posting the pattern! ^__^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leilani79
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010 11:09:43 AM »

This is my dream cat hat! I LOVE it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living.
- Terry Pratchett
abbeyrd83
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010 11:16:50 AM »

love it! will be adding to my list (very LONG list) of things to make.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittieb
Make it stick!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010 10:27:03 AM »

I think I love you guys!!! The kitty hat looks great! Thank you for the pattern!  Cheesy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010 05:03:58 AM »

adorable, I love it Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
AmyLynn98
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010 10:53:37 AM »

Grin This is so frickkin' AWESOME! I bookmarked it when I saw you had posted it, and just a few days later, a friend told me she wanted a hat with cat ears. Guess what she's getting this weekend?? Smiley Once i get it done, I'll take a few pictures of it and post them so you can see your creation. Smiley

EXCELLENT PATTERN!

I just finished your cat hat for a friend. I used Lion Brand's Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky Weight yarn in Almond, and some unknown dusty rose for the ears and trim. Unfortunately, I guess I'm not smart enough to figure out how to add photos to my posts yet, so you'll have to look here: http://amylynn98.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-hat-pattern-to-share.html to see my take on your hat.

Love, love, LOVE IT! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010 09:46:24 PM by AmyLynn98 - Reason: added photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013 08:03:56 PM »

~*Congrats! You have been pinned to Craftster's Crochet & Amigurumi Pinterest Board*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013 03:51:10 AM »

Adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaandcraft.blogspot.com.au
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look: 3 Ways to Wear Drapey Pants
Your LifeMinute Guide to Dating Style
How to Go from Fall to Winter Fashion
Get the Look: Hint of Leopard
Twist on a Classic: Denim Shirt
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...