A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,964
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Assortment of different cakes (picture heavy)  (Read 1461 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scarletttruth
« on: October 24, 2009 03:33:43 AM »

i wanted to share some cakes i have made in recent years. they are definitely not professional looking but they are fun none-the-less and they tasted great (yes, even the alst one lol). i'm in the process of making a very interesting cake for a friend's birthday today which i am planning on documenting each step. i'm going to be using fondant for the first time so we'll see how it goes.

big guy in a little (woman's) swimsuit. for a friend's birthday. i colored the inside red and i know i pooped red for days. tmi? a little too much food color. i basically painted colored frosting all over the cake.

i made this simple spiderweb cake a few years ago. i really like purple and orange together for halloween. it's a change from the norm of black and orange.

i am a little disappointed because i had a full length picture of this cake but it was broken. this was made for a friend's birthday. it's made of just a round cake and black and white frosting. this was also my first attempt at a cooked frosting and it used egg whites. it was sorta like a runny marshmellow so some of jack's face sorta slid. i had drawn out the rest of his body and it took up my entire kitchen counter.

this was made for another friends birthday. she loves pandas. i used three cupcakes and a regular round cake.

i know this is not technically dessert but i attempted a diaper cake about a year ago for my friend's baby shower. i added a picture frame, a homemade quilt and bib set that my mom makes and some ribbon around a really cute set of diapers. inside held a pack of baby wipes. i tied it all up with some ribbon and fabric. it turned out beautiful if i do say so myself.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
HappyToaster
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009 07:09:13 AM »

Haha, those are great! It's hard to decorate nice with frosting sometimes, but you do well! I really really love the first one, it's hilarious.. even if it paints your insides.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scarletttruth
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009 07:25:01 AM »

it would be even funnier if you knew the guy. i made that probably over 2 years ago and i still crack up everytime i look at it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009 08:46:36 AM »

Tee hee! I like the man in the swimsuit. Lol'd about pooping red! GROSS!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evilwench
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009 01:00:49 PM »

the first one is freakin' hilarious! well done Cheesy

the panda looks kind of evil... lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In my dreams I can fly
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use And Create Actions in Photoshop
How to Make a Grunge Background in Photoshop
How to Make a Runescape Scene in 3ds Max Part 2/2
How to Make a Runescape Scene in 3ds Max Part 1/2
How to Make a Simple Box Scene - 3ds Max
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...