A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eastern Religions Swap Gallery  (Read 5496 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SheridanLA
Something Sparkly

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009 01:39:30 PM »

great package from holistic knitter! that washcloth is fabulous!

I just came back from Wales 2 weeks ago... I love the dragon eraser, makes me think of the trip Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009 03:08:21 PM »

I love the dishcloth as well!  Did you make up the pattern yourself?  If so, is a special program needed?

Also, I waited on taking photos of the package I received because I wore the t-shirt and threw it in the washing machine. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 03:09:36 PM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009 11:02:13 AM »

I love the dishcloth as well!  Did you make up the pattern yourself?  If so, is a special program needed?

The dishcloth pattern was an online one ...
I'll add the link asap ;0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009 07:46:00 AM »

Sorry about being so late with posting the package I received from phnxreign99 (Tammy) last Friday!  The delivery woman arrived just as I was walking out the door to see my niece's school Halloween play but I was really excited when I got back home.

I read the note first, and was so happy that she had put the time into writing one!  PS: Her home must smell really nice because the package did, although there was nothing scented in there!

I had put hand embroidered wall hangings in my questionnaire wishlist but I never expected to receive any.  I can only imagine how long it took for these eight auspicious symbols to be created!  I'm only a little familiar with the symbols' meanings but I'm excited to do more research.  Tammy used my favourite colours - she really paid attention to what I included in the questionnaire - and I would have to say that the golden fish are my favourite.  I'm finding the hand-crafts (hand-sewing, hand-embroidery, hand-weaving, crocheting) so interesting lately.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the convenience and speed of technology and use my sewing machine and want an embroidery machine but I'm realizing how much I would love to learn the hand- version of these skills (I know a bit of sewing).  Tammy wasn't too thrilled about the outcome and suggested I put them in a hidden area of my home but I've already decided they will be hung in my kitchen, right above the window they were sitting in for the photo.

Next is a crocheted ami nun and lotus flower!  I know the pattern is from Etsy user melbangel because I bought one and crocheted one (though it's a bit different) for her!  So, needless to say, I like it!

A gathering apron!  I received one for the Hippy Swap and had no idea what it was at the then so I'm sure that's what it is this time!  I love this one, again my colours were used, and Tammy also added some pockets.  It's the perfect length for me.  I will have a great time harvesting next summer.  I like herbalism and gardening, it's very relaxing.  This gift is supposed to only be an indirect association to Buddhism.

Tammy also sent a few extras along.  A postcard from Meza, Arizona, and pen, and a little terracotta pot with some seeds.  My daughter took the pen right away.  She's the doodler in the family but when I took the photos, I couldn't find it.  I guess it's hers but Ava approves of it!  As far as the postcard goes, it's hard to believe there is a place in this world with cacti.  It's such interesting scenery that I have never seen before!  I'm debating as to whether I will start the flowers now.  As I write this, it's snowing outside...  But the instructions state that they can be transplanted to another pot instead of outdoors and I think Ava will enjoy having plants to care for.

Finally - I know, I was spoiled - Tammy sent me a t-shirt that has a lotus flower and the mantra "ohm mani padme hum" stenciled on it.  It's blueish turquoise in colour and the stencil is white.  I don't have the photo of it yet because I wore it for two days straight and it's still in the laundry.  Before receiving it, I never would have thought of stenciling anything but now I feel completely inspired to research into this type of craft and create something for the Herbalism swap!

Thank you very much Tammy, for the great package!  I see the time and energy you put into creating all of this and I appreciate it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009 10:55:33 AM »

LOVE those 8 auspicious symbols - really lovely  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2009 10:59:55 AM »

Here is the Om washcloth pattern link:

http://ribbedforyourpleasure.wordpress.com/2008/05/17/om-with-a-twist/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009 02:22:34 PM »

Finally - a chance to post the pics of the crafty awesomeness I received from dreadlocklove (It's been a crazy week!) 

First these two magnets and a book on Buddhist symbology.  The magnets are beautiful - my mother has already asked where I bought them (she should know by now that all the great stuff in my house comes from other Craftsters!)  They are big too, very cool!

Next up - a fabric lotus ...

This is supposed to be an origami lotus but Jessica decided to make it in fabric - it's so cool (I know you said your sewing machine was giving you fits, but you couldn't tell by this at all!) 

And even more cool stuff ...

The amigurumi Meditating Nun and tree.  I think it's so cool that we both crocheted something from the same seller  Grin  (And we both created a lotus too!)

Here's another, closer picture of the Nun

And just one more of the tree ... I currently have it shaped more like a bonsai (I think) (The earthy smell of whatever it's made of is an added bonus  Cheesy )

Jessica - thank you so much!  I love everything and it's already found spaces in the house to live and be admired ... another successful and wonderful swap completed!

Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
dreadlocklove
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009 03:15:31 PM »

Does the tree smell?  I had added some cedarwood essential oil to it, in the rocks, because it's supposed to help with relaxation and spirituality but I didn't think it would actually be absorbed...

I'm glad you like everything and I LOVE the way you shaped the tree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2009 07:04:31 AM »

OH MY !! I LOVE that tree sooooo much!!
It is really beautiful. Great package. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2009 05:21:43 PM »

here is all the wonderfulness that peanutpaterooski sent me!

thank you again peanut!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 1/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 12/16
How to Crochet a Generic Baby Shoe Sole Part 3/5
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 11/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 14/16
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...