A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eastern Religions Swap Gallery  (Read 5427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jMisSister
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009 04:29:50 PM »

I love that fabric!
Cannot wait to see everyone's stuff!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009 04:31:05 PM »

I received from Tero!!!  Such amazing stuff!!  Get your wist fingers ready!

Group shot:

(see the tree of life?? Beautiful!!! And a zen garden tray with sand.)

Altar cloth and fox icon:

Bookmark:

I am so amazingly spoiled - thank you Tero!!!!!  I love everything.  (And forgive me for the few # of pics, I am down with the flu.   Roll Eyes  )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009 04:47:33 PM »

I am so sorry your sick. Please take care of your self and get well soon. I will be sending good energy your way. I did get a few pictures before I sent off so I will share those. If you don't mind

She said that she meditated and she is into Shinto which is Japanese. So I wanted to do something simple and clean. I had a hard time coming up with something and then one day I spotted these wooden bowls in a store and was struck by what I wanted to do.

I made her a zen garden for meditation.

She very much likes the symbols for the four seasons so that is what I put on the wood that stands up. I did make it smaller after I took this picture so the proportion is much better now.
I made the tree out of copper and Jasper. Then added in an Agate piece for a water element in her garden.
The black round object in the back is an incense burner made of stone.

I also made a rake for her to take care of the sand. I made it out of copper so she can use it as a wand as well.

The fox is important in Shinto so I made a domino pendant and then added a copper stand so he can be in her garden as well or on her alter.

The book mark has a Buddhist symbol on the end of it of. The second bowl is an offering bowl then finally the cloth can be used as a alter cloth or a pillow case for a floor pillow.
I am so happy you like it all. Hope that you feel better soon so you can enjoy it.

Much Peace,
Teresa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
dreadlocklove
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009 04:27:11 AM »

What a wonderful package for me to wake up to, even if it's not mine!  That zen garden is beautiful! 

What is the fox symbolic of, or why is it important?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
phnxreign99

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009 10:09:18 AM »

pseudo_pix - love the purse!  And Tero, what a great idea - a Zen garden - it looks so much better than the little ones you can buy.  Love the little rake  Grin  The ideas everyone comes up with on Craftster never fail to amaze me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
dreadlocklove
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009 10:17:06 AM »

I received my package this morning from my good partner, phnxreign99!  I was on my way out and didn't open it unil now, but it gave me something excited to think about and took the focus off of walking in rain (which I don't mind when I'm not pushing a stroller with two kids in t).  I'll try to have images posted this weekend, and will have more to say about the package then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009 10:31:41 AM »

The fox mythology actually originated in Buddhism.  In Japan the fox can be a messenger of Inari (Shinto deity), and may be a sign of good fortune.  Conversely, foxes appearing near graveyards are bad omens, and can be bringers of bad fortune.  Foxes are also tricksters - sometimes just for fun, other times more mean-spirited.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMisSister
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009 01:16:55 PM »

LOVING that Zen garden!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009 11:17:43 AM »

hi guys! so my partner recieved quite some time ago, so i'm going to go ahead and post pics of what i sent. i didnt take the best pictures, so hopefully my partner will post better ones when shes online again.
  i made a journal, with the ohm symbol on it, a buddha head inscense cone burner, a hand carved ohm symbol stamp, a scroll that has the ohm symbol, and the five ways to live your life. and i turned an acorn into a buddha head pendant. i really hope my partner enjoyed this package, it was a lot of fun to make, and hard to send away.

this is the inside of the journal

this is the inside of the scroll, at a bad angle : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
phnxreign99

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009 12:41:29 PM »

What a great package, morglanc!  The little Acorn Buddha is cute!  Love the journal too - great place to write some daily inspirations   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Lesson in Paper Cutting
How to Make Paper Cutting Art
The Art of Paper Cutting
A Lesson in Glass Blowing
How to Make Glass Products
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...