A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gifts for Goodbyes  (Read 732 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purevitality
« on: May 02, 2005 02:27:26 PM »

Ahhh sweet alliteration.

Now then, the end of the year is approaching.  AS is graduation.  I've got friends but there are just several girls I really want to thank.  I'm sure you guys understand.

They're all really unique, pretty, musical, smart, hysterical people.  Into corny stuff but can be a bit too mature for their own good.  Notorius around school for just being themselves and having an awesomely tight connection. 

I can answer any questions you want... but here's the problem.  I was planning on just doing some felt fortune cookies with personalized fortunes and a personalized carry out container (to double as a purse).  But lately I've been giving out the fortune cookies as just a feel better (ohh us an our emotional ways) type of thing.  Not the whole shabang just singular cookies here and there.  I'm not sure if I want to continue with my idea, but either way I'd like to see if I can scrounge up some better ones. 

Any help ya'll?  Thanks bunches!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everybody here is out of sight
they dont bark and they dont bite
they keep things loose they keep it tight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight
giggles1100

They call me Martha......

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005 12:31:27 PM »

Since many will probably be going to Colelge, why don't you get a few small terra cotta pots, paint them in the color of their school.  The fill with flower pens.  Where you take the top off of a silk flower, glue it on tot he end of a pen then wrap the pen in floral tape then put some floral foam in the pot, then you can type some type of goodbye poem and tie a pretty bow on the pot full of flower pens with the poem, and they have a cute littel pot with fun pens to use while away at school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Giggles To all!
Heather
starpiste
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005 12:44:52 PM »

I think CD's would be really good too. Make each one a mixed CD with a personailized case and song list. You songs that you have listened to together or from their favorite bands or that remind you of them in some way.
Maybe add it to the forutne cookies abdn the purse, so it's like what you've been doing plus some extra stuff.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lyzalyzalyza

my shades are more pimp than yours!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005 03:04:51 PM »

perhaps nice mini scrapbooks with totally memorable photos and such? you could also include an address book part so that you all can keep in touch. i like the fortune cookie + purse idea, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all you need is love!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Cross Stitch Materials
How to Do a Hem Stitch
How to Use Scrapbook Templates
How to Buy Iron On Patches
How to Design T-shirts with Iron On Patches
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...