A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,073
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Puzzle Swap Round 2 (Signups: CLOSED; Send: 11/9 & 12/15)  (Read 18220 times)
Tags for this thread: template  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

acrosstheuniverse
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2009 01:13:33 PM »

Thanks, I haven't found any to buy online in the UK that aren't wooden so guess that'll do me...sorry in advance  Wink
Bought my mod podge, will be the first time using that stuff. I got the starter pack with lots of different types so will have fun experimenting.

Can't wait to hear what the themes are...female superheroes sounds cool...lots of glittery glam pieces I imagine  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunnyface
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2009 02:01:43 PM »

Oh boy this swap is getting big (well, big for me at least)!  Still five days left of signups and already 15 people, plus a couple others who were getting up to their 30 days/15 posts.  If we get to 24 people before the end of signups I guess I'll just close the swap and assign groups, unless anyone wants to co-organize.  If you've sent me a questionnaire, you should be all updated.

Remember too, all you guys having trouble finding a puzzle, it doesn't have to be a blank puzzle, you can also use a children's jigsaw puzzle, found at a thrift store, "borrowed" from a friend with kids, or wherever you can find one.  There's also a link in the description to an online shop with some really cool puzzles, but I haven't ordered from them yet, so I'm not sure how their shipping prices are.

I'm loving everyone's themes so far, I think this gallery is going to be really awesome!

ETA:  acrosstheuniverse, I've had that song stuck in my head ever since you sent me your questionnaire!  As soon as it gets out, I see your username again, and bam!  Stuck!  (Not that it's a bad song, I just only know about 1/4 of the words).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009 02:07:28 PM by bunnyface » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2009 02:18:16 PM »

I finally caved in and sent my questionaire in.  This time I found a kid's puzzle w/ a tray I'm not sure if I'll decorate the frame first or wait til I get the finished pieces.  My theme is Comic Book Superheroines (Wonder Woman, Storm, Batgirl, etc)

PARTNER NUMBER 3!!!  I don't care that I already had Fickle as a partner, she's awesome and so is her theme.  I'm a huge heroine fan!  does Catwoman count?  I'm freaking in love with her.  Cheesy  but Storm rocks too.  Grin

also, I was at Dollar General today and I noticed that they had some puzzles, but they all had tiny pieces.  oh well.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009 02:21:45 PM by Krafty_Karasu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
acrosstheuniverse
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2009 03:03:29 PM »

ETA:  acrosstheuniverse, I've had that song stuck in my head ever since you sent me your questionnaire!  As soon as it gets out, I see your username again, and bam!  Stuck!  (Not that it's a bad song, I just only know about 1/4 of the words).

Ha ha, I hate it when that happens. Well, given how much I love the song I still only searched for the full lyrics fairly recently asI  could never figure out the chorus, and I knew it wasn't what I had renamed it...'Jackaroo baby'  Cheesy

So, a bit of trivia about the song: http://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/across-the-universe/ 
and the lyrics: http://www.gracenote.com/search/lyrics.php?gdo=WEcxA1lYufXxd8Cj3E%2F65q5EAqubViDdEGk3KKVqXjL0GnOZhhnlJMFeHQqY1gBFOg5FqsSEl1MXprGyXffSyLN081BkVQobKvqJ3UUbe18IeR4jbHJcOo5mLJtUJDRqt4vwOsYfJ2P1nNw5rU%2F3AOzC6nmbseKtWvoab82amAcG62ZtOnSaZo5T%2FQRLM0yAAsdGyQUr8OMx%2FVBNU8ussQe%2FZQ%3D%3D&artist=The+Beatles&title=Across+The+Universe

and no, it wasn't Jackaroo Baby, clearly I won't be giving Lennon & McCartney a run for their money  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2009 04:08:09 PM »

Some of the places I have found/bought/"borrowed" puzzles:

The Dollar Store - got a "Baby Spiderman and Pals" puzzle with 25 pieces. It's fairly sturdy for a dollar store buy and the pieces are medium to big sized so lots of room for altering.

The thrift stores - Fortunately San Francisco has about 100 (okay 30) and some Saturdays and I walk and thrift and walk and thrift. I have bought several puzzles, all sizes and number of pieces for 1.99 and less. I like the Ravensburger brand - German, I think, they make very excellent childrens toys. And the puzzles are super sturdy.

And borrowed from my preschool - if it has a piece missing - it's MINE. I see lots of puzzle-shaped altered Christmas ornaments this year. Maybe with old photos of my family/siblings/pets?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Ninni Swap - Partners!
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
4 x 6 Art Swap - Coming soon.....
addictd2rachyp00
Radio DJ Extrordinaire.

Art is never finished, only abandoned.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2009 05:14:38 PM »

So I've just realized that the day after second send outs my semester will be over. So I will need to give everyone a second address to send the finished pieces to. Sorry for the trouble, college is suck a hassle! =] lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn.
Currently obsessed with ugly goodwill sweaters, Neil Gaiman, and learning new craft
Shannin
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2009 05:23:19 PM »

I just sent my questionnaire in... I don't have a particular theme in mind right now, but maybe in a couple of days.. n_n
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog | Etsy | Pintrest | Wishlist
PM me for personal swaps. Smiley
Adore Horror

If you want something done right, you gotta DIY

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2009 06:35:25 PM »

Meh, I really want in but it could take "a week or more" to hook up the internet at the new place.  Undecided To be safe I think I'm going to have to skip this round. Course if it gets hooked up in two days I'll just hope sign-ups haven't closed yet. I'll be lurking either way..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's hard to remember, it's hard to remember
We're alive for the first time
It's hard to remember were alive for the last time
It's hard to remember, it's hard to remember
To live before you die
sirmamabear
Junk Horder

Reincarnating junk into pretty things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2009 11:03:55 PM »

I just realized that my puzzle pieces are kinda small.  Would it be ok to just send a 2 inch square chunk?  Or should I just get a new puzzle for this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2009 06:02:35 AM »

Oh boy--I am also wondering about many of the questions on here!

I would not mind doing a chunk, i.e. 4 pieces stuck together, but I was wondering from those of you with more experience, if the puzzle turns out as nicely if a large chunk is altered by one person? Maybe if the four-five pieces were small enough, it would look like one piece?

I haven't had swap anxiety in a while, but now I am getting a bit worried about the "details"..gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Makeup - Lenoir Lashes - Part 2
Macho Makeover - Introduction Part 2
Match Color in Photoshop
Macho Makeover - Basic Adjustments 2
Photoshop Tutorial - Split Toning with Gradient Maps
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...