A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,885
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Puzzle Swap Round 2 (Signups: CLOSED; Send: 11/9 & 12/15)  (Read 18252 times)
Tags for this thread: template  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Adore Horror

If you want something done right, you gotta DIY

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2009 06:12:55 PM »

Good, good. It wouldn't have been the end of the world, I have quite a few things that just need to be documented but at the moment my digital camera doesn't cooperate with the computer that I have access to, so it'd be all cellphone pictures.

I already have a theme idea, I'm excited. Hopefully I can get in on this for sure.

Oh, one more thing.. Is it limited to a maximum of two pieces per person? I'm looking at a bigger puzzle (28 pieces) and I want to make sure my partners wouldn't resent me, as well as not having to do the majority of it myself. I guess it depends on how many partners there are in a group. Then that brings me to wondering if I could sign up for two groups and send half of the pieces to group 1 and the other half to group 2?

I always have to make things harder than they should be..  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's hard to remember, it's hard to remember
We're alive for the first time
It's hard to remember were alive for the last time
To live before you die
bunnyface
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2009 07:11:12 PM »

If you sign up for two groups, depending on how it works out you'll be swapping with 6-8 people (groups of 4 or 5).  It's totally up to you and your partners to decide how many pieces you want to swap with each other.  Last round I was in two groups of 4 and I had 10 pieces finished, but the most pieces I swapped with anyone was two.  I kind of doubt that you'll get a 28 piece puzzle done in one round, but if this keeps being a popular swap I'm sure there will be more rounds, especially since some people did have finished puzzles last round and are back for more!

ETA:  Looks like you're well over your 15 posts Adore Horror, so send your questionnaire on the 26th and you'll be in! (I think we must have a time difference, because when I look at your profile it says you joined the 25th, but your little avatar says the 26th)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009 07:14:11 PM by bunnyface » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adore Horror

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2009 08:42:14 PM »

Yup, it's true. I signed up around 2 am, being on the east coast means I'm from the future. I can't wait for this swap! If I get 7 partners I could send them each a square chunk of 4, which could either be one big piece or four normal ones. Hopefully that's not too much. If it is, I'm not (terribly) stubborn and could definitely get a smaller puzzle. Sometimes I get a bit over ambitious, I wouldn't want to stress anyone. I'll try to save that for my own endeavors.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009 08:47:12 PM by Adore Horror - Reason: grammatical tinkering » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To live before you die
sirmamabear
Junk Horder

Reincarnating junk into pretty things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2009 10:01:55 PM »

I went by the Dollar Tree yesterday.  They had some puzzles that have a frame graphic around the edge.   I have not put it together yet so no pics. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyface
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2009 10:17:38 PM »

You could always keep the big puzzle and do more than one round/do some pieces yourself/have friends and family do some so it gets finished.  That's what I'm doing!  Although I am impatient and just want it to be done...I love the finished puzzles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2009 09:14:18 AM »

Mine's 60 pieces so I'm not planning that this round completes the puzzle.  I figure I'll do a lot of the pieces, have some friends do some, and do others in future rounds.

Though that was what I had planned for round 1 and I ended up doing all the left over pieces myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
acrosstheuniverse
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2009 11:28:47 AM »

Eek, mild panic. I forget, having recently moved house, that I don't have the convenience I did in London. I live in a small beach town at the bottom of the country with no 'proper' craft stores. I can find wooden blank jigsaws online but guess I can make my own out of card? What are others using as blanks or are wooden fine? I'm assuming it'll be the really thin mdf stuff but don't want to make it difficult for people to work on. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Adore Horror

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2009 04:03:11 PM »

I'll probably be getting mine off of the internet, or I might glue two or three layers of cereal box cardboard together and make my own, I haven't quite decided yet. I've never done that before so it could be a total disaster. Maybe I'll try a small one and let you know if it's worth the effort?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To live before you die
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2009 05:49:51 AM »

I finally caved in and sent my questionaire in.  This time I found a kid's puzzle w/ a tray I'm not sure if I'll decorate the frame first or wait til I get the finished pieces.  My theme is Comic Book Superheroines (Wonder Woman, Storm, Batgirl, etc)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2009 05:51:14 AM »

Fickle - THat is an AWESOME theme!

What are others using as blanks or are wooden fine? I'm assuming it'll be the really thin mdf stuff but don't want to make it difficult for people to work on. 
I used a wooden puzzle last round and I'm using an identical one this round, it worked fine for me, actually reall well, but a few of the pieces cracked in transit, though my partners were ablpe to fix them with no problem.

I'll probably be getting mine off of the internet, or I might glue two or three layers of cereal box cardboard together and make my own, I haven't quite decided yet. I've never done that before so it could be a total disaster. Maybe I'll try a small one and let you know if it's worth the effort?
I did something similar for apuzzle atc swap, where we had a piece of card baord the same size as an atc and cut into four pieces. Even though it was small and the pieces were smaller I had a pretty tough time cutting them. The pieces turned out bent up and with rough edges.
I used a blade thingy in a handle and a pair of scissors.  so maybe my technique wasn't good for cutting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chicken Cutlets
How to Make a Big Mac Burger
How to Make Grilled Cheese
Honey-Truffle Grilled Cheese Recipe
How to Cook Truffled Egg Benedict
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...