A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,199
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MMMMM Fried Marbles.....  (Read 507313 times)
Tags for this thread: pendant , marble  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftykatie78
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2013 08:16:49 PM »

Hi! I love this craft! I just tried it tonight. The marbles cracked beautifully, but I can't seem to get my caps and rings to adhere to the top. I was using hot glue. Is that what you used? My decorative caps don't have rings attached, so I purchased jump rings to glue on the caps. HELP!!! Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dyke2Live4
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2013 10:53:24 PM »

OK, here are some ideas I had reading through this topic. What you need to cap off the marble is called a bead cap. You can find them in many sizes at any bead store. I'd suggest taking the marbles with you so you can find one that fits well. The folks at the bead store can recommend the best size for you.

You will want to use a glue that is made for adhering glass and metal. E6000 is a good one. Again, the folks at the bead store can help you there too. I'm still pondering how to attach the jump ring to hold put on the chain. I'll get back to you on that.

Hope this helped even a little bit!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykatie78
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2013 02:14:32 PM »

Thanks so much  As soon as I can get to my craft store, I w Again, thank you very much exclamatio much Again, thank you very much! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThePenguinTheory
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2013 08:39:49 AM »

Wow they look stunning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cute and Quirky Handmade Items!

Etsy
Blog
Facebook
Pinterest
Thorfinnworkshop
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2013 03:17:51 PM »

They are beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[centre]Get beautiful hand made journals, sketch books and magical enameled jewellery
@ Thorfinn Workshop[centre]
srmarybede
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2013 07:31:35 AM »

My Mother was making jewelry out of "cracked marbles" in the early 60's. She enjoyed it and everything was very beautiful. But, all these years later, as far as I know, there is't a piece left. She gave it as gifts. I was thinking about this the other day and could not remember how it was done. So glad I found this site. It brought back good memories and gave me a new project - just what I need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Meow16
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2013 07:49:35 AM »

is there instructions on how to do this anywhere? i want to try it but am afraid i would break the whole thing Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meow16
ladams1221
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2013 11:40:35 AM »

I used to do this as a kid (back in the 60's). We would bake them in a cake pan and then plop them into an ice-water bath. They cracked beautifully. Every once in a while, one would crack in two, but not often. I am doing this again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jakabird
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2013 09:21:56 AM »

It feels almost redundant at this point, but I Had to say it: these are beyond gorgeous! My daughters both Love marbles (and jewelry making!), so this seems like the perfect craft for us! Thanks for sharing  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jakabird
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2013 03:29:28 PM »

We ended up trying this the same day I found this post...here's what we came up with!

We let them sit in a drop of green food coloring for a few hours (these were blue originally), I love the way they came out! They're like globes almost :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"Little Dog, Lost" Book Trailer
"The Romanov Conspiracy" Book Trailer
Author Steven on His Book A Man and His Ship
Ursula Le Guin on the Map of Earthsea
Ursula Le Guin Discusses Lord of the Rings
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...