A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
758 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does it exist? What is it? Audio Recordable Medium for Cardmaking?  (Read 790 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MegRoseSews
« on: May 31, 2009 10:14:54 PM »

Huh I like to work with my own audio files (me playing the piano for example, strange noises, or a bunch of starlings sitting on a telephone wire.) I carry a little microphone that plugs into my ipod around with me, and capture things I use for various purposes.

I also like to make my own cards.

I'd like to include my own short audio files in a card - like the expensive ones you buy from Hallmark where you open the card and just the release of the card starts the short audio clip running , the same way the hinge of my pop up cards releases the simple paper spring I've built behind an image.

I think there is such a recordable media - I'd swear I've even seen a record-your-own Hallmark card somewhere. But where....... I just have no idea what keywords to search on to find it.

Please understand, I don't want to just put a cd into the card for the person to play. I want it to just start playing when the card is opened.

Any ideas is there is such a thing and what it might be called? I ask whenever I'm in a stationary, photocopy or craft store but I just get THE LOOK. It must be a techno/media thing.

Thanks for your ideas and not sending me THE LOOK.

megRose
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haunt

Haunt is only soul deep.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009 02:52:08 PM »

i did some searching around, and i found a couple options. first off, there are a couple blank cards up on ebay under the search terms "recordable greeting card." i read that the recordable sound modules themselves (the little device inside the card that plays the music -- apparently this is what they're called!) can be found at Michael's or Wal-Mart, but i've never seen them. then again, i wasn't looking for them either Cheesy

i have a link for you:
http://www.talkingproducts.co.uk/voice_pad.htm
these are voice pads that you stick inside cards. i'm thinking this is probably what you're looking for. since it's a sticky voice pad, you can make your own card and just stick it inside. sadly, they're out of stock right now. says a shipment is due at the end of may, so hopefully it'll be any day now!

here are some other links that might be helpful:
http://www.ec21.com/ec-market/recordable_greeting_cards.html
http://www.talkingproducts.co.uk/photo_gift_greeting_cards.htm

hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

staceyjeannn
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009 02:12:16 PM »

I was on the search for the exact same thing a few months ago, and through research I found that they are relatively cheap on eBay.  If you want to buy in bulk, which is probably more suitable, since you plan on making several cards, you can go to preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'talkingcreations.com') ... here are some links:

This is the link to an ended eBay auction that I had been watching:  http://cgi.ebay.com/Recordable-Voice-Module-Greeting-Card-Music-Sound-Slide_W0QQitemZ250397427614QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item250397427614&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

The website of the company listed in the above auction:  http://www.bigdawgspromo.com/index.php?cPath=5&osCsid=9abaf36371c3ce8aafed9878099c4fc5

Bulk option:  http://www.talkingcreations.com/BARESliderPrerecorded.html

Good luck!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009 02:13:04 PM by staceyjeannn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Paper Shred Jane
Freelancer, Crafter Hobbyist

Hello, fella craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009 02:21:32 PM »

Wow, such a creative idea, megRose. When I was back in Ky, I was out in the forest and there was a rain storm, and I often times miss the sounds of the woods, so I used my iPhone, as the 3.0 operating system (upcoming version) allows you to take audio files to your music library. Sometimes I play the sounds back.  Please keep us informed on your audio cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are several crafts you can do with paper shredder shreds, use it to stuff your creations or for paper dolls...
haunt

Haunt is only soul deep.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009 09:51:17 PM »

@staceyjeannn hahaha, i saw that company's site during my search, but i didn't list it in my post as at the time they didn't have any in stock! lol what a difference a week or so makes eh? nice that they're back in stock now  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

staceyjeannn
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009 10:43:04 AM »

@staceyjeannn hahaha, i saw that company's site during my search, but i didn't list it in my post as at the time they didn't have any in stock! lol what a difference a week or so makes eh? nice that they're back in stock now  Cheesy

That's funny.. I didn't pay attention to that, but good because I think I'm going to be needing one of these as well!  Very strange to have stumbled upon this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ceep
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009 12:56:04 PM »

Try keywords: "recordable sound modules"

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Baked Nespoli
Angelic Grilled Peaches Recipe
How to Make Frozen Chocolate Monkey Treats
How to Make Lovely Chocolate-Lace Lollipops
How to Make Easy Minecraft Pig Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...