A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Stuffers 2009 version 2.0 Send by November 30  (Read 25333 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Disco Queen Highness
« on: October 19, 2009 12:22:31 PM »

Are you the person who wakes up on christmas morning to an empty, skinny stocking,

Lady lanalla started this thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=312862.0
 and wrote 'It might sound petty of me, but the child inside me (the one I let out regularly) looks at my stocking on Christmas morning and whimpers a little "how come me stocking is so empty?" the answer is I'm the one who puts the stocking stuffers together! I fill my families stockings full to OVERFLOWING with goodness and fun, which I love to do, but somehow each year my DH forgets that one little chore of filling mine. He does okay on the present front. Not great mind, but okay, except he forgets this area. My mom tries to help, but... well. I think it wold be more fun if I got to open some true surprises from some fantastic swapper.' the discussion went to over 24 pages and many people shared stories of being single moms, having broken up with SOs, living away from home, or just living with otherwise wonderful people who just dont get the importance of christmas stockings.

If this is you and if you want to spoil a fellow deserving craftster...then read on!

this swap is to craft a bunch of stocking stuffers for a craftster who really needs a little spoiling at christmas. Around 20 smalls, (30% purchased and 70% crafted) all wrapped to add to our stocking. If you wish, you can nominate someone to receive the package and stuff your stocking for you, so you wake up to a stocking overflowing with fun, good cheer, joy and a little bit of love.

There is also an optional extra component, this is to craft one large item as a christmas gift for your partner, this will be wrapped and put under the tree. You can sign up for the stuffer only, or the stuffer plus gift. Your choice.

Swap name: Christmas stocking stuffers 2009
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Disco Queen Highness
Sign-up date range: 11 oct 09-18 Oct 09
Date to send item by: 30 Nov 09

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

I reserve the right to deny any craftster's entrance into this swap for any reason including the following...
ANY "negative" feedback comments
poor communication in past swaps
consistently sending late in past swaps
Being a NEWBIE swapper (you must have successfully completed 1 swap prior to signing up for this one, does NOT include any of the Ongoing Wishlist Swaps, Shop the Swaps, or any swaps where there wasn't an assigned partner. In your previous swap you will have crafted at least a minimum of 1 medium and 2 small items)

Details of swap:

REQUIREMENTS
stuffer only: approx 20 smalls, all individually wrapped.
stuffer plus gift optional ; stuffers as above PLUS one large, gift wrapped.

From the 12 days of christmas thread. (IMHO 2 extra smalls = i small)
extra small:
marble magnets, basic earrings, address labels, basic hair jewelry, origami, needlebook, basic pin cushion, basic pendants, shrinky charms, tags, stickers, bookmarks, simple note cards, sachets, basic magnets, cookies, small supplies,

small:
small handcarved stamps, coasters, decorated frames,  journals, notebooks, ornaments, earrings, bar of soap, zipper pouch, resin pendants, coffee cozy, drawstring bag, potholders, grocery bags, embellished towels with a strip of fabric, simple stitch markers, hair notions, key chains, crochet dishcloths, small amigurumi, ATC's, DIY  kit with enough supplies to make 1 item

RULES

1. You must send ALL PM's to Disco Queen Highness and all PM's  must have the subject line: Christmas stocking stuffers 2009

2.You must post in the original thread at least once a week! This starts once partners are assigned. You must pm your partner and spend time getting to know her.

3.PM's must be sent to Disco Queen Highness and your partner when you send and receive.  If you are sending within the USA you must get a DC# and send it to Disco Queen Highness and your partner. They cost an extra $.75 in addition to the postage price. If you are sending outside of your country, you must keep your receipt as proof of shipping and send a picture/scan of it to Disco Queen Highness if required!!! Check kishcrafts notes on the 12 days of christmas swap, it contains very useful info on mailing, flat rate boxes etc. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=319693.0

Please think long and hard about signing up, the purpose of this swap is to bring some holiday love and good cheer to someone, please do not sign up unless you are sure that you can fulfil the terms of the swap. It would be heartbreaking to work really hard to make someone's christmas and then to get let down by being flaked on.

Of course if you are not alone at christmas, if you have dozens of people to fill your stocking, but want to share some of your good fortune...then you are more than welcome to sign up too!..

Please remember, this swap is more than just beautifully crafted items, it is also about love and care for someone who might need a touch of it on christmas morning, so communicate with your partner, get to know her and please please spoil her rotten!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009 02:12:30 PM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009 12:24:28 PM »

Shipped
Received
Shipped & Received
Feedback given
Contact Your Organizer Immediately

Disco Queen Highness' Crew
Disco Queen Highness - Craftsy
Ariethine - Disco Queen Highness
Monkey_Girl - Schnerby
zcrafter - Greenfaerie
theballandskein - Serenthia
meepmopmoop - thatkid
Angelicus - dharma_rebel
FruityLoops - BugPop

Aikibookworm's Crew
Aikibookworm - Tero
irish_chicky - crazy4bags
Jigarkhwar - InShambles
Msmia - Blackstitches
craftypuppymom - tcha345
GamerGirl - cassiecate57
zigg13pra - beccas_song
Monday Nov 16 -  Doing my best cat girl impression whilst warming up my whip.    Remember communication is muy importante.  Don't make me come over there.

Sunday Nov 29 Gallery is up - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329416.0

« Last Edit: January 01, 2010 07:06:59 PM by Disco Queen Highness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists
Etsy
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009 12:43:26 PM »

reserved for co-organizing stuff

* 10/29 sent out a mass PM to my half to please check in.
Y'all still alive and crafting?  

* Mon., 11/16 places us 2 weeks out from sendouts.  If you have any questions, doubts, worries, problems, SPEAK UP NOW.  Do NOT wait until the last minute.  Remember:  Communication is IMPORTANT.
Don't make me feed your a**es to Disco Queen Highness.  She will tear you up.''

*Sat., 11/28   Got the cattle prod back out.  Thanks to the ladies who have PM'd, but for the rest of you:  BUZZ!  ZAP!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009 12:18:53 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009 12:44:39 PM »

RRRuuuuuuuunnnnnsss s across the room and TACKLEHUGS Tero!!!  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
GamerGirl
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009 02:06:57 PM »

YAYAYAYA! Partners!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariethine
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009 02:10:48 PM »

I am most pleased to be in this swap!! I can't wait!! I even have a list going to coordinate both of my swaps!! I love my first partner! So I hope I can build up a similar rapport with DiscoQueen!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Angelicus
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009 02:22:45 PM »

I'm so excited about partners - this is really going to streatch me I think but in a very fun way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesan dstuff.wordpress.co m

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
irish_chicky
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009 02:27:57 PM »

post, so i stay updated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009 02:30:33 PM »

Alrighty, I think I've PM'd everyone their partners info.  If I haven't please feel free to yell at Aikibookworm  Grin (if only I could add horns to my little smilie) then PM me to let me know.  Aikibookworm, tackling your partner?  You're such a bad influence.  I love it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009 02:34:28 PM by Disco Queen Highness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists
Etsy
cassiecate57
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009 02:38:20 PM »

I'm here and I'm jazzed about having a partner Smiley

Anyone else doing any other holiday swaps? I have one other swap going on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
&blog
˙˙˙ǝɹǝɥ pɐɯ ןןɐ ǝɹ,ǝʍ

timshel
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Undo History in Photoshop Elements
Move Selections in Photoshop Elements
How to See Two Views in Photoshop Elements
Using the Zoom Tool Shortcut in Photoshop Elements
Using the New Lomo Effect in Photoshop Elements 9
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...