A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First post: 3 tops, 1 skirt  (Read 2090 times)
Tags for this thread: skirt , shirt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

azumwalt
« on: October 19, 2009 10:25:57 AM »

Hey guys.  Sooo this is my first post.  Here are a few things I’ve made:
I made this top awhile ago to go out for my boyfriends birthday, it has beards and staches all over it.  It came out kinda short, so I wore it with a high waisted full skirt.  Worn here with my stylen sweatpants.

I haven’t worn this out in public…but I like it.  Just a bunch of ruffles of lace and this silky type material.

This one I was really proud of when I made it, I banged it out in about 20 mins for a friends birthday dinner thing, it’s a silky leopard type material, the straps are adjustable at the front, where the bow is, if that makes sense.  Also worn here with my uber sexy sweat pants.

Back view

Sorry about the bad camera angles, (and the background mess, what would my mother say - LOL) its hard to take bathroom shots by yourself.

And here is one of the jilian skirts Ive made in this style.  With pockets!  I love them:

Thanks for looking!  Any comments/suggestions/tips are appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009 10:42:45 AM »

those are all super cute , especially the beards ! I also really like the lacy ruffle one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

veggie head 4 life

Chickpeas & peanut butter will feed the world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009 10:45:34 AM »

these are all awesome! i especially like the ruffled/fountain tank top.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dance through your days........

my fabric-tastic blog
http://agreenbanana.blogspot.com/

Let's be friends!!
http://www.myspace.com/greeeengoooodness
maeveyo
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009 12:03:50 PM »

really love the skirt, good goin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009 01:06:25 PM »

Love the bearded bustier!  Life would be so much duller without novelty fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
DemonicAngel
Look Mommy I'm Riding An Ass!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009 07:00:32 PM »

very very cute!

I love the leopard print top!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
azumwalt
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009 09:59:08 AM »

Hey thanks everybody!  Means a lot  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le Mieux
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009 11:53:39 AM »

if theres one thing i always regret being a girl...its never being able to grow a moustache!!  Cheesy

love all the creations, and the fabric. did you get them from anywhere special? or just good finds?

also.....couldnt help but notice you had a tattoo...  Cheesy can i ask what its of? i love tatts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
rucniradovi
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009 04:12:24 PM »

I like the yellow top, (first pic) most. It s lovely and I think it wouldn t be better if it was longer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
azumwalt
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009 06:15:51 PM »

if theres one thing i always regret being a girl...its never being able to grow a moustache!!  Cheesy

love all the creations, and the fabric. did you get them from anywhere special? or just good finds?

also.....couldnt help but notice you had a tattoo...  Cheesy can i ask what its of? i love tatts.

I LOVE beards!  In an almost creepy way…hahaha.  I love a man with a good beard.

The mustache fabric I got from an etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5161361 .  Im pretty sure she has a blog too (?) where you can also buy her neat fabrics, but I cant seem to find it. :/

The peace hands fabric I got from Joanns, its by Alexander Henry.  You can get his amazing prints here: http://www.buyfabricsonline.com/ .

And the rest I got from fabric.com.  I love crazy fabrics, Im always on the look out for new places to get them!

My tattoo was done by my amazing brother in law.  I offered to be a guniea pig when he first started out.  Its a design he drew up for me, two spools of thread with a needle, and with the thread swirling and shaping a heart, some decorative leaves.  I wish I had a better picture of it.

I like the yellow top, (first pic) most. It s lovely and I think it wouldn t be better if it was longer.

Thanks!  I like the length of it too, except after you’ve had a few burritos and appear to be in the third trimester with you delicious food baby, (as in the photo above) its not so attractive.  Lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Buddy Valastro’s Tie-Dyed Cake
Buddy Valastro’s Tie-Die Cake Top & Frosting Tips
How to Make a Nutella and Banana Panini
Drunkin Donuts & Cragels Hit New York’s Pastry Scene
Homemade Beignets Recipe for Mardi Gras
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...