A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you gonna be for Halloween???  (Read 6994 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009 01:33:35 PM »

You guys have some great ideas. Maybe you could help me. I'm in a creative rut. My 7 year old wants to be a Vampire Punk Ballerina. I'm working on a dark purple tutu and I have black lace to add to it. I figure I'll get her some black tights and boots. I just don't know what she should wear up top. Everything I look at is all corsets and crap! She's 7, you know.  Huh So if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dana A

Or... you could make a quick and easy corset-style t-shirt! Just get a black/dark purple/etc t-shirt, and glue on some strings in a corset-like, crossed fashion. I actually did this once years ago when I was a medieval vampire. And then use something like a little button to cover the ends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009 01:43:33 PM »

my dog is a dino!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
Ladycakes
night owlish

fire my spirit

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009 04:30:46 PM »

I'm being Stevie Nicks! I like to be famous women- for the past couple years I was Joan of Arc and then Rosie the Riveter. I went through a phase this summer when I was telling my girlfriend I wanted to grow up to be Stevie Nicks, so my birthday a couple of weeks ago she bought me a tambourine!!  Cheesy I'm going to be outside so I'm wearing a long sleeved black shirt and a black suede jacket I have with silver buttons and really dramatic cuffs, possibly a lace scarf, along with either black skinny jeans and black boots or a mustard skirt with black lace I made for a dancehall girl costume with the same boots, a blonde wig with bangs, a black fringed shawl tied around my waist or worn around my shoulders, and the tambourine, which I just bought tons of ribbons for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linda P
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009 08:03:07 AM »

I am going as a patient.. my husband is going as a doctor. 
I got a hospital gown from my mom.. and borrowed a fake butt from a guy at work.  (gag gift to him about 10 years ago!)
I am working on how to make a IV pole, so I can hang a bottle of wine from it.. not sure if I will get it done or not...
Love all the ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tidbits_Trinkets

Vendor, Crafty Goodness, Nov. 7, Seven Hills, OH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009 10:31:17 AM »

Well... I don't know what I'm gonna be - if anything yet.

I'm still working on my kids' costumes. I need to make (or finish making):

1 Dalek
1 Cyberman
1 Rosie (indigo blue cat character from the Nintento DS game Animal Crossing)
1 Android

Whee....

Paper mache dalek shell, here I come!

LOL

My kids have been spoiled. Every year they come up with what they want to be and every year I make it. So far I've made a half-angel / half-devil, Batman (twice), Superman, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, a Bionicle, a hermit crab, a black dragon, a shark-man, Pikachu, a Teletubbie, a purple dragon, a bird-person, a bat... whew!
Four kids, tight budget....

Now I have this reputation and it's coming back to bite me! But I will do it. I DID veto K-9 because I wasn't going trick or treating with a kid who had to crawl around.

Bekka
(going a bit Halloween crazy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bekka K., owner
Tidbits Trinkets
Unique collage supplies for mixed media art, card making, and scrapbooking.

Be sure to get your FREE Daily PUBLIC DOMAIN image(s) on my blog The Schizoid Mouse.
Tidbits_Trinkets

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009 10:55:12 AM »

You guys have some great ideas. Maybe you could help me. I'm in a creative rut. My 7 year old wants to be a Vampire Punk Ballerina. I'm working on a dark purple tutu and I have black lace to add to it. I figure I'll get her some black tights and boots. I just don't know what she should wear up top. Everything I look at is all corsets and crap! She's 7, you know.  Huh So if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

I would turn a t-shirt into an off the shoulder t-shirt by opening up the neckline... put some ruffles on the 'new' neckline (maybe a bought ruffle-y black lace trim?) and put spaghetti straps on it so she has an off the shoulder look but....it won't fall down. Heh. It will look more goth-vamp-princessy than too-slutty-for-a-7-year-old. Or instead of spaghetti straps, have her wear a leotard underneath - she's a Ballerina after all.  And then you could also cut off the bottom of the t-shirt and she can have a 'Flash dance' vibe and the leotard underneath would let her stay a) decent and b) warm (if it's long sleeved).

Hope that description is enough to give you a visual pic.

Bekka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bekka K., owner
Tidbits Trinkets

Be sure to get your FREE Daily PUBLIC DOMAIN image(s) on my blog The Schizoid Mouse.
Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2009 05:43:55 PM »

Well... I don't know what I'm gonna be - if anything yet.

I'm still working on my kids' costumes. I need to make (or finish making):

1 Dalek
1 Cyberman
1 Rosie (indigo blue cat character from the Nintento DS game Animal Crossing)
1 Android

Whee....

Paper mache dalek shell, here I come!

LOL

My kids have been spoiled. Every year they come up with what they want to be and every year I make it. So far I've made a half-angel / half-devil, Batman (twice), Superman, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, a Bionicle, a hermit crab, a black dragon, a shark-man, Pikachu, a Teletubbie, a purple dragon, a bird-person, a bat... whew!
Four kids, tight budget....

Now I have this reputation and it's coming back to bite me! But I will do it. I DID veto K-9 because I wasn't going trick or treating with a kid who had to crawl around.

Bekka
(going a bit Halloween crazy)

I would give your kids, like, half my candy, and probably end up turning off my porch light early.  Those are too awesome for words, and any kids who like Doctor Who are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Tidbits_Trinkets

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009 06:27:26 AM »

I would give your kids, like, half my candy, and probably end up turning off my porch light early.  Those are too awesome for words, and any kids who like Doctor Who are awesome!

I guess I'll have to post pics when I'm done. Actually, I'm taking 'as I go along' pics of the Dalek because I know people will want pics. Right now I'm working on the ring section that has the gun and 'plunger'. (My friend brought me an old plunger head to use when I get that far!)

I'm also going to work on the cybermans' arms and legs today.

Thanks for the ego boost - I needed it. Last night I was up to my elbows in papermache going 'What in the H--- am I doing?'

Bekka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bekka K., owner
Tidbits Trinkets

LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009 04:25:11 PM »

FH (future-hubby) is going as Captain Hammer and I'll be (Mrs.)Dr. Horrible from Dr. Horrible's sing-along blog!
for FH i stenciled a dark shirt from goodwill, and he already has military-style cargos an boots, so he just needs the welding gloves...
and mine was a bit more complicated. i found a white mandarin-collar tunic/dress at k-mart (on sale too!) and because i'm a fem-dr. horrible, i'll wear a belt with it, but i still need to make a panel (with the caduceus symbol) and sew it onto the front to make it *look* like a double-breasted coat that buttons at the shoulders. FH picked up some chemical goggles that i'll most likely paint, and i turned some pink cleaning gloves inside-out (they're playtex brand gloves fit for women!). they actually fit. whoppee! my favorite part was finding $4 boots at goodwill and spray painting them gloss white. my dad said they looked like go-go boots, but that's what dr. horrible wears... FH has a silver nerf gun i can strap to my arm, and i laminated an "evil league of evil" badge thing to wear around my neck.

i'll post pics sometime, when i'm finished!

i also have to make half-a-dozen smurf hats for my brother and his friends. *sigh* where do these kids come up with this stuff? i guess i shouldn't say "kids" though, they're all in college...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KiwiQ
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009 06:59:33 PM »

A friend and I are going as Wayne and Garth.  So much love for Wayne's World.  Still have to think of another costume though, for the night before.  At the beginning of the month I made an 80 year old gramma skydiver costume and just a few days ago threw together 2 Rocky Horror costumes within an hour.   If I come up with something good for Friday AND Saturday night, I'll have completed nearly 6 costumes this month!!!  Awesomeness!!  I love dressing up and making costumes for other people!

Oh yeah, a friend is going as Waldo and he's going to attempt to be in the background of as many pictures as possible throughout the night!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a moat.  Filled with badgers.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cameron Diaz Proves Women Over 40 Can Wear Minis!
5 Alexander Wang Runway Looks for Less
Festival Style for Spring and Summer
How to Be Stylish at Work
Get This Street Style Meets High Fashion Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...