A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,763
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you gonna be for Halloween???  (Read 6997 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaxParadise
« on: October 18, 2009 06:24:16 PM »

So, I was curious...what are you all gonna be for Halloween? I'm gonna be Little Red Riding Hood that got attacked by the wolf! And the husband is gonna be a zombie. How about you?

Forgive me if there is already a post like this and I was just to blind to notice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
pjhamel
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009 08:05:23 PM »

I was actually just wondering why there wasn't already a post like this, because I can't wait to hear other peoples' great ideas.
I am going as a murder victim/member of the undead. I will be covered in wounds, both defensive wounds and stab wounds, and there will be a few knives sticking out of me. This was the easiest thing that I could come up with after months of agonizing over what to choose.
My little sister is going as a disturbed Alice in Wonderland type character. We are making her costume. It's actually quite interesting, because I told her that I wouldn't help her unless she did most of the sewing herself. She's never touched a sewing machine before, and it turns out that she's actually quite good at it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will happily do personal swaps for beads, buttons, and fat quarters!

My Pinterest
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009 03:47:12 AM »

I'm chatting about my prep work with people over in the Costume-a-Long thread - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314684.0 but hadn't just stated ideas over here!

I'm doing 2 nights of costumes (on a trip to New Orleans!)

Day 1 - October 30 - Baron Samedi, a voodoo death spirit. (http://oyebilly.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/baron_samedi_by_domigorgon.jpg) Black pants, black men's suit vest as a top, black top hat, cane with a skull on top (in progress), witch doctor-esque "tooth" necklace, maybe a string of mardi gras beads or 2... and a skull face! (Also probably will have a cigar to smoke).  The bf will be my zombie. Not sure what type of zombie he's doing yet.

Day 2 - Halloween Night! - Harley Quinn in her new outfit from the Arkham Asylum Game (http://www.my360.com.au/img/gallery/normal/2YPQMJZQ.jpg). Doing... everything you see there. Pretty much. Still loads of work to be done this week before I leave. And the bf is going to be my Mr J (comic book Joker!).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

davidsdesire
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009 07:08:26 AM »

not very original but I am going as the ghost of Marie Antoinette and DH is Louis.  I'll try to be more creative next year...but ..do i get points if SOMEONE ELSE homemade my costume?  =))
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scottsdale
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009 08:49:24 AM »

I haven't done ANY prep work yet, but my boyfriend and I are going as Salt n Pepa. He's going as a salt shaker and I'm going to attempt to be Pepa from the 90s rap group. We'll see...

I've been browsing sites this weekend to find low maintenance costumes. I was thinking of maybe just drawing vampire bites on my neck... lame though, right?

This site http://www.scottcommonsense.com/TimeSavers/Articles/TenminuteHalloweenCostumes.aspx?articleID=65&catID=6
has some quick and easy costumes - I like the superfan costume but it's not original at all. A coworker said that she knew someone who wore a tee shirt that said "Go Ceilings!" one Halloween... he was a ceiling fan... haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Say what you mean and mean what you say. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
sonicsink
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009 11:35:35 AM »

I'm gonna be Lois Griffin from Family Guy and I'm dressing my son up as Stewie (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=324735.0), my older son is going as Spiderman in a store bought costume (this is the first year I'm not making a costume for him Sad ) and my husband is going as zombie Bob Ross.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clrowi
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009 01:10:27 PM »

No crafting involved in mine, but I am going as a fried agg... A yellow shirt with a hood, and then a white pullover over that. Last year I was a "buccaneer" where I made earrings with a dollars worth of coinage on them!
My daughter wants to be "a ghost with a spider on the top" thank GOODNESS for having an such an easy-to-please 4-year-old!! I just bought 1.5m of this slightly textured white fabric, and I'll just plunk it over the top of her head, with a buttoned 'collar' to keep it where it should be, and paint some black eyes with cut-outs so she can see.
DH is going as a "redneck" or a zombie... No crafting in that, except maybe a beer 'helmet' (I'm thinking of tying a beer can to either side of his head with some duct tape or pantyhose!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009 02:20:07 PM »

So, I was curious...what are you all gonna be for Halloween? I'm gonna be Little Red Riding Hood that got attacked by the wolf!

I'm going to be Little Red Riding Hood too Cheesy only except I wanted to do a dark little red riding hood. Black and red coloring  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
StarFoxie

Yes, I am a space princess.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009 07:36:40 PM »

I always make my own costume for halloween, but $ is tight this year... but I found an old red dress and some white felt... so I'm making a Minnie Mouse costume! I have a "collection" of lots of Minnie Mouse ears and I'm excited so see how it's turning out.

Sorry I can't post pics yet, hopefully I can by the time it's done. My husband still hasn't decided what he wants to be!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009 07:38:29 PM by StarFoxie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Why does the soap have bacon in it?" "I made it myself!!"
CloudxxSeph
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009 09:19:35 PM »

Pan, like the greek god pan. I still have to work on it XP But the friday before I'm going to use my Dark Link costume to walk around to classes. Should be fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Finishing the Beyoncé Knowles Style
Curling the Hair - Beyoncé Knowles
Sectioning the Hair - Beyoncé Knowles
Celebrity Hairstyles - Beyoncé Knowles
Finishing the Jessica Simpson Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...