A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,671
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bathtub paints and cheap crafts  (Read 419 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grannyt
« on: October 17, 2009 12:41:33 PM »

could someone tell me how to make these? I 'read about them on craftster  but didn't pay attention. these are for 5& 6 yr olds.
I need cheap Christmas ideas. My DD's husband is divorcing all of them and they have nothing.
I would so appreciate all help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grannyt
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009 03:29:21 PM »

their white cat loves the tub!  I would also like to know if the paint color would be safe for him and would it dye his white fur?
I really don't want a green cat"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clrowi
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009 10:00:12 PM »

Hi! A really easy and cheap bathtub paint is to mix bodywash or shampoo with acrylic paint. Acrylic paint is non-toxic, so it would be okay if the cat "accidentally" ate it, and because of the soap in it, it should wash out pretty well too!

Kids love doing crafts, and you can buy construction paper, scissors, crayons, glue and odd pieces at a dollar store very inexpensively. And you can toss in any misc bits and bobs from around the house (tissue boxes, paper towel rolls, scrap bits of material from old clothes, elastics, shiny bits from food wrappers).  Kids have great imaginations!

I know I would have LOVED a batch of cookies all for myself when I was that age!

If you want to give a little more info about what their interests are, I should be able to come up with a few more ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009 05:48:51 AM »

Hehe I think the kids would find it pretty entertaining if the cat was green for a day.. or blue.. or pink! If its okay with their mother, maybe buy them a pack of coloured fabric markers (that are kept hidden other times) and letting them draw on some of their own plain old tshirts? They'd love being able to wear clothes they've decorated themselves, and if you use old clothes, it wouldn't be too expensive, and the markers could be used another time. In Australia, I got a pack of the markers for about $10, so other places would be even cheaper I think!

And just remember that having a grandma around who loves them and cares about them while they're going through difficult things, that will mean the world to them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Architect’s Suburban Home Haven For City Artists
Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young
Getting Kids Excited About Healthy Eating
The Power of Glamour by Virginia Postrel
Wrongful Death Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...