A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PROJECT RUNWAY: Season 6 - Episode 9 - Official Craftster Discussion Thread  (Read 1006 times)
Tags for this thread: project_runway_season_6_discussions  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2009 07:05:28 PM »

PROJECT RUNWAY: Season Six - Episode Nine ( Sequins, Feathers and Fur, Oh My!)
Official Craftster Discussion Thread

Remember, no spoilers (that means don't talk about who won or lost the episode) until the West Coast episode is done airing.

EPISODE NINELink to where you can watch this online:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/project-runway-episodes/project-runway-season-6-episode-9/videos
Photo gallery of all the creations from this episode:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-6-episode-9

Want to discuss other episodes? Use this link to see all the past discussions:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=project_runway_season_6_discussions
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
kaleidoscope_eyes
dimestore diamond -shines just like the real thing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009 09:56:33 PM »

i was so, so disappointed with the judging on this episode. I really think the wrong person went home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009 10:53:44 AM »

i was so, so disappointed with the judging on this episode. I really think the wrong person went home.

Agree Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009 01:49:59 PM »

As much as I like Christopher, I think being in the bottom 3 times in a row should have earned him a ticket home.  ITA, that the wrong person went hom this time.

On a funnier note, I had to chuckle at Nicolas' comment of what Irina is.  He totally summed it up, but I guess it's a 'takes one to know one' situation  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009 10:23:12 AM »

On a funnier note, I had to chuckle at Nicolas' comment of what Irina is.  He totally summed it up, but I guess it's a 'takes one to know one' situation Cheesy

I totally agree if she was truly confident in herself she wouldn't have to put down the others in the rude way she does ....

but I did like Chris's outfit , the underthing was a bit burlesque but the lil 80s jacket thing was super cute , I think i might make a similar version of the jacket
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009 11:02:41 AM »

I liked the jacket/overdress, it was cute, ITA.  The little outfit under it lacked alot, I had to agree with the judges that he had the potential to do a spectacular piece under there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009 05:39:36 PM »

Ugh - As many have posted on previous episode threads, I'm so bummed at the lackluster designs and personalities this season. The most recent episode was another disappointment.

As the judges pointed out, I thought Shirin's dress did look like a fantastic halloween costume and was totally not appropriate for the specific challenge but I think overall she has so much more potential than Christopher. I was shocked that he didn't get sent home this round!

I wasn't really impressed with any of the designs this week. Once the challenge was revealed I had hoped that someone would really pull out all the stops and make something crazy wild cool but everything that came down the runway was rather boring!

You know something else that I don't like about this season, the inconsistencies in the judging pool. I liked it when Nina and Michael were staples and then they'd add a guest judge based on the specific challenge. Part of me thinks it's unfair to have it so mixed up all the time. I mean, Bob Mackie and Michael Kors are both fashion icons but they have very different sensibilities. And frankly, I don't think Christina Aguilera has any place judging what's fashionable!!

Okay. Done ranting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009 02:48:30 AM »

I have to agree that this season has been incredibly disappointing. With the exception of a few outfits, most everything else has left me scratching my head and wondering if my seven year old son threw something together with fabric and double-sided tape. The work, in my opinion, has been sloppy. The personalities of the contestants have been simultaneously annoying and boring. How Christopher ended up in the bottom three almost every single episode and was not eliminated until the final challenge boggles the mind. The judging has just been awful. I don't what happened to this show, but I'm not as excited for the new episodes to air as I was the first three or four seasons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 5 Holiday Designer Dresses You Can Rent
Save Vs. Spend: Holiday Edition
An Affordable, Complete Autumn Look
Playful Polish in a Giulietta Dress
How to Mix High-End Designers with Great Vintage Finds
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...