A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,375
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Has anyone dealt with Fire Mountain Gems?  (Read 10935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soulofgrace40

paths with obstacles always lead somewhere

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005 10:21:56 AM »

I am a FMG customer and must say I love them. I do also like www.happymangobeads .com, I have ordered from them as well. FMG has now separated their 900+ page catalog into 2 to 4 separates through the year. Everywhere I search, and Ive searched many places, I come back to my first love - FMG.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LIFE IS................. HAPPINESS IS................. . PEACE IS................. .......

WHAT YOU MAKE IT. CREATE YOUR OWN DESTINY
schizkitty
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005 08:44:57 AM »

Wow, it's so great to hear they're as good as everyone says they are...  You can't beat that.  Surprisingly, just using the regular ground shipping was only a few cents less than 3-5 day with Fed-Ex.  Either way, I ordered a bunch of chain and their "Boss' Bag" assortment so I could get a good feel of their stuff without actually having to make any decisions on what to buy- Lord knows, if I had my choice I'd buy it all.  Have any of you bought this mystery assortment?  If you have, do share.  Jeez, I feel like a little kid on Christmas... I want my stuff!

Hey, how did that bead assortment bag go?  I've always been curious, but never had the extra dough just to splurge on it! Smiley  I'd worry about a lot of duds...even though I love FMG.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my work at www.beadoodles.etsy .com !
smokingmonkey
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005 11:52:44 AM »

I've had great experiences with FMG. The shipping charge is a pain, but it doesn't change much as you order more stuff, and they throw in something free, and it seems like the free gift is relevant to the rest of your order. (Ordered orange seed beads and they gave me orange shell stations) so like moefen said, wait till you have more stuff to order. For $50 worth of stuff the shipping is still $10... and with gas prices the way they are, the shipping charge is almost worth it... I mean, I put $35 worth in my car last night on the way home from bead shopping. Eeesh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylilly
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005 04:45:39 PM »

I've ordered a lot from them and have always been pleased with the service and product.  It makes more sense to order a lot from them though, it makes the shipping much less painful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sere
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005 10:24:59 PM »

I only use them for large orders of findings and silver, usually. I like artbeads.com for certaiin stuff, like sterling wire. Free shipping is your friend. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
SereBerry - personal/craft/food blog.
Etsy
something_wierd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I like pointy things.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005 03:18:49 PM »

I've ordered from Fire Mountain a few times.  I love their memory wire.  I could read their catalogs all day.  I have, actually.  Wow. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polymer Clay Challenge #2 has a winner, RobbinZombie!  her entry was The Kraken  She will receive a prize from Persephone Rose!
amytron
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005 10:49:25 AM »

I get anything I can't get at work (I work in a bead-your-own-jewelry / paint-your-own-pottery studio) from Fire Mountain, I love them.  I really like the free gift in every order, I'm sometimes more excited about that than I am about the beads I actually ordered.  I've never gotten a free thing I hated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity takes courage"  ~ Henri Matisse

http://www.wists.com/notkidding
something_wierd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I like pointy things.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005 02:20:51 PM »

I get anything I can't get at work (I work in a bead-your-own-jewelry / paint-your-own-pottery studio) from Fire Mountain, I love them.  I really like the free gift in every order, I'm sometimes more excited about that than I am about the beads I actually ordered.  I've never gotten a free thing I hated.

I did.  I got a bear claw thing.  I think I threw it away.  My last order got me some cool gemstone nuggets on headpins.  All of them are knotted on some lavender cord.  There's 14 charms in all.  I got super excited about them.  They are so pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polymer Clay Challenge #2 has a winner, RobbinZombie!  her entry was The Kraken  She will receive a prize from Persephone Rose!
bipolar_express
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2005 09:03:04 AM »

I really like FMG. They have great customer service. They even have live chat on their website so if you have a question on someting you're about to order, a customer service rep can point you in the right direction (big plus there) Also, their "standard" shipping is unbelievably fast! Seriously, I've nevr had to wait for more than a couple of days for  my shipment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soteralu
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005 06:25:56 PM »

FMG is hee first place I ever ordered from for beads, and I would never think about going thru anyone else for basic supplies.  I always order over the phone instead of online, because their saleapeople are knowledgeable and very nice, and I have only once had a problem with a misorder in six years.  I highly recommend them for pearls and basic supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Ways To Update Your Skin Regimen For The Fall
Best Drugstore Beauty Products
Want Full Lips? This Bizarre Artist Has the Secret (No Filler Needed!)
Halloween Upgrade: A Stellar Take on Fairy Makeup
Michelle Obama Makeup Showdown
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...