A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,031
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Has anyone dealt with Fire Mountain Gems?  (Read 11133 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

High Strung
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2008 08:04:51 PM »

I just ordered from FMG myself.  I loved the products I received and was very pleased with them, however...

Be careful when using the $5 flat rate shipping. It takes up to 3 weeks for the items to arrive, and I've had FedEx deliver to the wrong address twice. They (FedEx) don't take as much care with the $5 flat rate shipments as they do the regular ones.
I've never ever had a problem when I do priority shipping though.

I had the SAME type of problem.  They shipped from Oregon or whereever to Michigan.  It took 2 weeks.  While watching the tracking, I saw that it sat at the Fed Ex warehouse for 4 days at one point, and 2 days at another - doing nothing.  Then they marked on their tracking that it was delivered, though it wasn't (I was waiting for it rather impatiently).  After 4 phone calls and the driver marking it as delivered and sending it halfway BACK to FMG, I finally got my package 2 days later.  Undecided

I'll use priority from now on no matter what size my order is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

High Strung Design Etsy
High Strung Design ArtFire (testing)

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful - Albert Schweitze
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008 08:59:05 AM »

I just ordered from FMG myself.  I loved the products I received and was very pleased with them, however...

Be careful when using the $5 flat rate shipping. It takes up to 3 weeks for the items to arrive, and I've had FedEx deliver to the wrong address twice. They (FedEx) don't take as much care with the $5 flat rate shipments as they do the regular ones.
I've never ever had a problem when I do priority shipping though.

I had the SAME type of problem.  They shipped from Oregon or whereever to Michigan.  It took 2 weeks.  While watching the tracking, I saw that it sat at the Fed Ex warehouse for 4 days at one point, and 2 days at another - doing nothing.  Then they marked on their tracking that it was delivered, though it wasn't (I was waiting for it rather impatiently).  After 4 phone calls and the driver marking it as delivered and sending it halfway BACK to FMG, I finally got my package 2 days later.  Undecided

I'll use priority from now on no matter what size my order is.

I always use that.  it's never taken more than 8 days for it to get to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008 06:16:48 AM »

My sister got me a gift certificate to FMG for my birthday, and that was my first experience with them. However, I was really pleased! I only had to pay a flat rate of $5 for shipping, and I loved that I got a discount for buying a bunch of items (rates go down on each piece when you buy 15 items total, not just of one item). I'm definitely ordering from them again. Oh, and I too loved the catalogue!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

navywave
soldiersnightingale

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2008 02:45:45 PM »

Fire mountain gems has a standard  box-doesnt matter how much it weighs it is only 5.00 in the usa. Check it out in front of catalog
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jayceedesigns
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2008 11:34:05 PM »

I order from firemountaingems, and my order is fairly big, so I pay about $60 for postage, but they only take a week to get to Australia.
Jayceedesigns
THIS ROCKS   Logged

steiconi
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2008 08:23:39 PM »

I've never ordered from them, but a friend thought they were great until I gave her a Rings and Things catalog.   http://www.rings-things.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Suzibead
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2008 10:24:54 AM »

FMG sent me a FREE catalogue all the way to SA and I Think that is NEAT.I dont order direct but my sister lives in TX and she orders stuff for me which I am quite happy with.I get beads and findings that are not easy to find here and which cost a lot less even with postage-I send her stuff she wants from home in exchange.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WizardOfTheStone
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2008 08:21:39 AM »

After reading the post, Some are or should I say most are in favor of Fire Mountain, as well as myself and my wife. Yet we do have other catalogs to order other supplies which fire Mountain doesn't offer.. Of I'm sure if my wife and I were to sit down and say "this is what we want" etc.. Fire Mountain would get it..
Granted Fire Mountain can't have everything.. or can they...

As for the folks there at Fire Mountain.. I have a feeling they would bend over backwards to suit the needs of the customers.. and if you haven't spoken with anyone there.. maybe you should schedule a trip to Washington State for an onsite tour..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2008 08:21:48 PM »

maybe you should schedule a trip to Washington State for an onsite tour..

OMG!  I have always wanted to do that!!!

and why Washington?  they're in Oregon...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
WizardOfTheStone
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2008 06:20:44 AM »

Sorry my Bad..
If you are in the Southern Oregon area, please stop by and say hello. We love to show off our friendly employees and beautiful Grants Pass, Oregon. We offer tours twice daily, Monday through Friday, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.

Love,
Chris and Stuart

Just at one time or another, I thought I spoke with a beading expect there and If I recall, she said something about Washington state.. Never the less.. As you can see it's on our list of "Things To Do"

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008 06:23:05 AM by WizardOfTheStone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Edible Halloween Decor
How to Make Hand Crafted Glitter Pumpkins
Back to School Binder Make Over!
How to Create a Bib Necklace
Farm Themed Crafts Using Stencils
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...