A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 306,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday - Oct 16, 2009  (Read 3477 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 16, 2009 02:17:19 AM »

This is the first time I've started Fiber Friday! I'm running an unofficial Facebook group for Craftster fiber artists and I wanted to send a message out with a link to Fiber Friday!

So I have bobbin pictures instead of finished objects. But I just got a "new" (to me anyway) Ashford Traveller and I'm SO excited so I want to share again, seeing as I've already showed off in other threads. Wink

Several different yarn singles here:
Green = Nesse's hand dyed romney from STS
Pink/purple = the noodle princess's batts from a handspun & fiber swap
orange/red/white = The Fiber Lady bamboo and a fantastic batt from penguino that I hand pulled into roving. Came out GORGEOUS. I added firestar and love it.

Basket of hand pulled roving, same as the roving I did with penguino's orange batt in the last picture:

And because why the heck not, look at this AWESOME swap package from CamOovas. I'll be felting away when my next test is out of the way!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009 02:17:48 AM by SewMamaLady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009 05:56:47 AM »

Beautiful!

I started and finished knitting a baby sack (for the want of a better word) this week.  Made up the pattern as I went along.  Of course it was knitted from my homespun.

I have shetland (white with brown stripe) on the wheel right now.  That yarn is destined to be DH's new socks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
froggyfibers

Ribbit Ribbit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009 07:39:40 AM »

This is actually a yarn I have been working on for quite some time. Technically its only half done but since I officially resigned myself to realizing it won't be what I want it to be and I don't have forever to do it, I quit it. But I had two plies of what would have been a cabled yarn so I put them together.

I'm thinking about finding a nice lacy pattern since I have no intention of counting yardage on this thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

freestyle
aka ModernSpin

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009 08:30:53 AM »

Yay fiber Friday!! SML, love the orange/red/white roving. I've been whipping out batts like crazy- hoping to take pics when I get home from work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpecialKRJ

I want so much more than they've got planned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009 11:15:42 AM »

So much prettiness! I wish I could find my camera Sad But for now, I love looking at what you guys have got to show off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feverdream
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009 01:00:20 PM »

This is a few weeks worth of stuff, but I haven't posted to fiber firday in a while.

This is merino from hand painted roving:

This was spun from batts I got at WI sheep + wool festival. BFL, silk, bamboo, and glitz. I'm knitting them up into a striped scarf now:

This is 500+ yards of merino/seacell blend also from WI sheep + wool festival. It's too much for a scarf and not enough for a sweater, so I have no idea what to do with it. Ideas anyone?

This is a finished scarf made from 70% cashmere and 30% merino. I tried to dye the yarn black, but it came out a kinda tweedy dark purple/grey which is even better than black. It's sooo soft. I made it for a friend of mine that gave me a spinning wheel. The wheel was her mother's and the yarn was all spun on that wheel. Her mother has passed away, so when I gave it to her, she started crying because it was like a gift from her mom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy shop!
My wists
"the best part about life is knowing that you put it together yourself." -trent reznor
Gomerriffic
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009 01:25:59 PM »

Each and every bit is beautiful. I am particularly enamored with the sparkly yarn!  And I LOVE the beautiful scarf and what it represents. What a truly touching story!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just trying to find me...
Willowe
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009 01:26:14 PM »

Wow, everything is so gorgeous! I finally finished a yarn, but my camera is out of batteries so I can't get pics of it. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
grayling40
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009 03:38:40 PM »

I haven't spun in forever, but with the cooler temperatures here in Houston (low-80s, lol) I decided to pull out my wheel and whip something up!

"Marissa" - 100% merino wool plied with white thread, dyed by me:

And the hand-dyed fiber before spinning:

Have a great weekend! Love what everyone's posted so far and can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saule - Design That Shines
http://sauleshine.etsy.com
SpecialKRJ

I want so much more than they've got planned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009 04:53:49 PM »

Wow, all of those are absolutely gorgeous... You guys are making me really want to spin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...