A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,370
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blackheads  (Read 11285 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tictac_insane

life can be tragic sometimes....get over it

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004 07:14:49 PM »

try elmers glue just put it on you nose then wait till its completly dry then peel it off for best results you might want to steam or use a scrub on you face first.but I would do this if I had skin that irrtates easily.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my words of wisdom: 1.life can be tragic...too bad get over it. 2.If you are having a bad day a handfull of tic tacs and a couple of motrim will fix you right up.
3.Don't buy non humane animal tested stuff I mean don't you hate it when people don't even "put the animals to sleep" first?
jessdell
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2004 12:34:23 PM »

read my post on "Any blemish treaters/skin smoothers/glow helpers?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
graveflower
girl from 7-11

straight boys are such a drag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2004 08:15:52 PM »

this thread is awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stunnedbannana
I love mixed media and all things vintage

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004 10:39:44 PM »

did u read about the glue trick on here.it sounds really crazy but it might work. has anyone tried it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Demeter

Breaking Some Bad Habits

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2004 12:10:44 PM »

Once I tried using invisible/Scotch tape on various parts on my face.  Leave them on for several minutes and peel off.  It did seem to get rid of excess oil and dead skin cells.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ksocali
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2004 03:45:52 PM »

So far out of all the things i've bought, the tea tree oil has really been the most helpful.  I recently started to breakout all over my chin (wahhh) but the tea tree oil has dried out the pimples.  Also, vitamin A is supposed to help with blackheads.  You buy the pills and break them open and apply on your face... but i'm sure how reliable that one is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pixiestixchick65

"I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2004 05:59:59 PM »

a lot of people like the "aspirin mask" basically you take six uncoated aspirin, crush them into a powder, add a few drops of water to make a paste and apply to affected area.  leave on ten minutes then massage in circular motion and rinse off.  Aspirin contains BHA which is what you find in toners that claim to remove blackheads.  Do not use this mask if you are allergic to aspirin!

Aspirin is also pure salicylic acid, the key ingredient in most acne creams
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ciao xox
ellseybell

It's a hard job being a beautiful assistant...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004 09:07:44 PM »

I tried the aspirin mask, and if nothing else it made my face feel FANTASTIC! So smooth and silky...  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever." -- Judge Judy
faux

My mama's a lama...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2004 12:28:57 PM »

So far out of all the things i've bought, the tea tree oil has really been the most helpful.  I recently started to breakout all over my chin (wahhh) but the tea tree oil has dried out the pimples.  Also, vitamin A is supposed to help with blackheads.  You buy the pills and break them open and apply on your face... but i'm sure how reliable that one is.

Just curious, is eucalyptus (sp?) oil the same as tea tree oil??  I'm pretty sure it is, but i wanted to be positive before I use it.  My aunt brought back some from austrailia, and the bottle has POISON writtin all over it, which is kinda intimidating.  I'm assuming its only bad if you were to eat or drink it, but I don't want to expierence some crazy skin reaction.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookgirl
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2004 03:47:37 PM »

Just curious, is eucalyptus (sp?) oil the same as tea tree oil??  I'm pretty sure it is, but i wanted to be positive before I use it.  My aunt brought back some from austrailia, and the bottle has POISON writtin all over it, which is kinda intimidating.  I'm assuming its only bad if you were to eat or drink it, but I don't want to expierence some crazy skin reaction.

I believe tea tree and eucalyptus are two very different plants, but both are native to Australia.  I use tea tree in some stuff (lotion, mainly), and I've been reading that you can become easily sensitized to it if you use it too often and in too strong a concentration, so I'm trying to use it sparingly.  Never use essential oil undiluted directly on your skin.  I know it's supposed to be effective for zits, but be careful with it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: The Birth of the Animated GIF Medium
Off Book: Arts and Creative Projects in the Internet Age
Working with the New Basics Panel
How to Draw Gemma Arterton from Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters
How to Draw Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...