A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gadriel from Constantine  (Read 11175 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

olenka

if i can't dance, i don't want your revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005 12:33:59 PM »

ikillbarbies thanks fore finding that picture  Grin

Wings where really there but they where, that was one of the things that cough my attention in the cinema.
I'm pretty sure that it is one wife beater and one top part of  sports bra kind of thing and it is gathered at the side.
Tilda wheres that outfit final sine of the movie and producers don't want to spoil movie fore everyone. We probably will have to wait fore better pictures.

I think that seeing different interpretations and outfits inspired with that costume would bee rely fun. We have different bodies and personal stiles so we can come up with totally different things. But It is still to early for planing things like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheebz

I make clothes for imaginary people

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005 02:11:03 AM »

I disagree with the depiction of Gabriel that movie because clearly TILDA IS GOD.

You should be able to achieve the top look by ruching the sides of an altered t-hirt or wifebeater and then adding the yoke on top...looks like the yoke attaches to the undershirt at the seam under the arm. The pants, may be a bit trickier...but rest assured I will be renting this movie int e hnear future and will be sure to either sketch something out for you or take pictures of the screen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZoeStar7

www.gogogidgetdesigns.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005 03:15:53 PM »

Did anyone ever get a better pic of those pants? Or try to make any of the outfit?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dig It!
Rock_n_rollKitty
Pin-Up Wench

I Walked With a Zombie...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005 08:30:52 PM »

yeh i was wondering too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I saw You Piss on the rug, it was then that i knew it was love, true love..
Scraggle
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005 10:17:51 PM »

I don't have a screen shot of the pants or anything...

but the pants are actually TWO pairs if you look at a back view. The top pair is more like cowboy chaps, with the back of the knee cut out and the calf laced up. The underneath pair are probably leggings or something like that, just so the pants don't look too bulky....

The top shirt is more like a sleeveless shrug, and the other cut more like a sleeveless tee that a wifebeater. The straps are really wide..

That's all I've noticed in the two times I've watched Constantine. Best of luck with that whole sewing thing. Waaaaaaay too intimidating for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Punk rock craft guru
~Otherside27~
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005 07:23:13 PM »

lol Im so happy it wasn't just wierd me that saw her trousers and thought "holy crap I got to make me some of those" but yes, having the DVD and watching a few times....to look....and also see film Wink  ~love it~ they are a pair of chaps over other trousers, but I've been thinking and I rekon what I'm gonna do is just add corset detailing to the bottom of a pair of trousers. After I make the trousers. Also, so not in white... the whole "I can see your underwear" thing is too much for me  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MysEclectika
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2005 02:40:52 PM »

When I saw the movie I said right away that I loved Gabriel's outfit, and now I've decided to do it for Hallowe'en.  After 45 minutes of taking screenshots of my DVD, I've come up with a few ideas and I'd apprieciate any comments on them, how to make it easier/etc.  I've decided that the pants are going to be my main project until I get to the wings since the top consists of a regular tank top and then a cut-off roundcollar tshirt from what I can tell and seems quite easy.  I agree with the idea that they are like chaps, and so I'm going to buy two pairs of white pants, and one of them will be one size larger than the other.  First I'll do the cutouts...on the outer thigh area, and behind the knees, and then I believe the leggings are part of the pants so I'll just split them at the heel and do the lacing. There seems to be a similar sort of rope across the front and then the back is cross-laced corset-style so I'll have to cut and sew accordingly.  Then once I get the shirts and cut/stitch them I'll probably need to sew the little top part onto the shirt itself (after the ruching).
I have about 10 screenshots I'm working from, if anyone wants them I'd be happy to send them your way, I just don't want to take up a lot of space here to post them.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
~Otherside27~
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005 03:59:20 PM »

oooh screen shots would be nice, my laptop DVD player gave up a LONG time ago lol....
could you put them up on like fotopic.com or something  and then just post the link here? that would be awesome  Grin Also you are going to be THE BEST EVER at halloween!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MysEclectika
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005 06:19:10 PM »

Okay I've posted the first page of screenshots for the costume at
http://www.geocities.com/befuddledgoddess/gabriel.html
Hope this helps you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
olenka

if i can't dance, i don't want your revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005 07:52:08 PM »

I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New York Fashion Week Spring 2014: The Most Stunning Street-Style Shoes
The Best Model Off-Duty Style at NYFW Spring 2014
Steal Her Style: Lea Michele
Dress For The Job You Want
Sarah Jessica Parker Debuts Shoe Collection
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...