A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Purple Ribbon Harness and Leash  (Read 2634 times)
Tags for this thread: leash  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scissorbrit
« on: October 13, 2009 06:35:19 PM »

made this little ribbon harness and leash for my puppy. The pictures are terrible, I dunno why the light is so bad but the ribbon is really gorgeous! everyone squeals when they see her wearing the harness.

and I know she looks pitiful, but look! her tail is wagging here

THIS ROCKS   Logged
roccstarr75
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009 06:43:47 PM »

ummmmm...hello? tute? 

hahahaaa

This is so cute and would be perfect for my little chihuahuas!  I have such a hard time finding things that fit them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluesaranwrap
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009 07:01:35 PM »

That is adorable! and your puppy reminds me so much of Lady from Lady and the Tramp. I think it helps I could easily see Lady wearing this kind of harness too. I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

notanotherxerox
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009 07:17:18 PM »

She doesn't look pitiful, she's adorable!!!!
Love your idea, especially the bow:) The purple is the perfect shade for her.

I wish my ferrets didn't need more structured harnesses or they'd be going for a walk in one right now!
I second a tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One of a kind upcycled greeting cards
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ReCardCreations
Send someone a smile, help the Earth
queenallie03
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009 07:37:49 PM »

that's beautiful! And so's your puppy. She looks like my Cav King Charles Spaniel. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wendyloo
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009 09:30:06 PM »

That is adorable!!!!!!! I agree that the purple really suits her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
narhloki
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009 10:13:28 PM »

How cute, my girl is a lot bigger, but I'd love to put her in something a little more girlly. Smiley

Your little one is beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scissorbrit
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009 05:40:08 AM »

That is adorable! and your puppy reminds me so much of Lady from Lady and the Tramp. I think it helps I could easily see Lady wearing this kind of harness too. I love it!

I always think of her like Lady also! If she didn't have a name when we got her I might have considered that
that's beautiful! And so's your puppy. She looks like my Cav King Charles Spaniel. Cheesy

I think she is a Cav and maybe pincher mix. Someone found her in the soccer park but so many people think she is a Cav but she doesn't really have the face and she's super skinny. Also, short ears.

The leash was easy to make!
I tried to draw it in Paint, but probably easier to just explain.

Two lengths of ribbon, one that fits around the neck loosely, another around the chest/belly. then on the open ends, I sewed another short piece of ribbon that would go from the back of her neck and attatch to the belly ribbon. (of course folded the ribbon ends overthemselves and sewed in a small box pattern) Before this step, I also sewed a smaller piece of ribbon on top of this middle to hold the metal leash loop.  I then sewed another small piece of ribbon to connect the two "circle pieces" of the neck harness and belly. On the belly one I sewed the ends of a plastic clip thingy that you squeeze the sides to open. I left it on the side of the harness so it would be easier to get it on and off. Also I tried it on her through each step to make sure it wasn't too loose or too tight. here is my attempt at a drawing with paint- pretend the thin lines are actually luxurious ribbon pieces.. 

I added the bow because when doing a box like stitch to connect the belly ribbon to the bar down the back i messed up and wanted to cover the stitches. sewed the bow on by hand to hide the stitches. the leash you can probably figure out, just a loop for the hand, with ribbon edges sewn under and then a little clip thing at the bottom. I got the clip and the metal loop on a sort of leash like thing at the 1.50 shekel store and cut off the old string.. Only like 50 cents! you can use one from an old leash or from one of those long strings you clip your keys onto. THe black clipy thing I got at a sewing store, though it is a lot bigger than I wanted. And the ribbon is wide and I sewed everything over a few times so it is strong and she doesn't weigh much anyway!

By the way, the belly ribbon doesn't exactly go over her belly, it's under her chest like a harness should be but just closer to the belly so thats how I said it. People in the streets really love it and think she is cuter with it I think (lots of people in Jerusalem are afraid of dogs, but seems like less now)

hope that helped somewhat.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009 07:03:30 PM »

wait, wait you live in israel?
t I think (lots of people in Jerusalem are afraid of dogs, but seems like less now)
what breed is your dog?
i love her! and the harness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
gammerus

Optimus prime owns you

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010 08:50:20 PM »

Ooh that is so adorable. I am looking to make a harness for my Poppy

Named for her habit of poppin up and down all the time. In fact it has become a problem, on the leash she likes to jump up and down, and I worry about her hurting her neck so I was thinking of making a harness.

I really like your idea, but Pops has very short fur, and I think real ribbon might chafe her. But at the same time this is way too cute looking. Any ideas for a soft ribbon like fabric?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010 08:50:45 PM by gammerus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lauren Conrad Joins Us for a Quick Beauty Gossip
How To Get A Defined Nude Lip
How To Make Lipstick Last All Day
Getting Rid Of Puffiness And Circles Under The Eyes
How To Protect And Youthen Your Skin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...