A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,616
Currently Running With Scissors:
811 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1921 Singer 66 Treadle machine (1 million pictures and many questions)  (Read 12290 times)
Tags for this thread: singer , singer_66 , treadle_sewing_machine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009 06:40:11 AM »

Absolutely beautiful!
I have a treadle waiting for me at my inlaw's house - as soon as I find room to put her.  She is not nearly as nice as yours though... but it's still a family heirloom in my eyes - I believe my husband's grandmother was the first owner of it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009 07:48:23 AM »

This here is the page i used to find out what mine is:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Sandman-Collectibles/Singer-Identification-Template.html

And if you were curious about what my machien looks like you can check my blog and click estate auctions label

It just says it's a 66-1.  Undecided That picture is pretty much exactly like mine.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Sandman-Collectibles/Singer-Identification-Template.html#31
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soorawn
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009 01:29:42 PM »

*_*

[Gets banned for flooding the whole forum with drool]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
Sew-Classic
Sew-Classic.com

Sew-Classic.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009 01:54:34 PM »

It just says it's a 66-1.  Undecided That picture is pretty much exactly like mine.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Sandman-Collectibles/Singer-Identification-Template.html#31

The 66-1 is easy to identify.  The feet clamp on from the back (aka "back clamping"). If the feet clamp on from the side, then it's not a 66-1.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenny
Blog.Sew-Classic.com
Sew-Classic                                                                Sew-Classic  
jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012 04:49:19 PM »

So I FINALLY have my Daisy (named after her original owner, my great-great grandmother) working again! Problem is I need something like a zipper foot and I don't know if I have one!! Ack!! Does anyone see anything that looks like a zipper foot in the first post?  I think I can sew without a foot if I need to, is that right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flutter-by
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012 03:54:17 PM »

So I FINALLY have my Daisy (named after her original owner, my great-great grandmother) working again! Problem is I need something like a zipper foot and I don't know if I have one!! Ack!! Does anyone see anything that looks like a zipper foot in the first post?  I think I can sew without a foot if I need to, is that right?
Your machine looks great!

I didn't see a zipper foot, but that doesn't mean it's not there.  Or that yours just doesn't look like mine.  I attached a picture of the zipper foot that I got with my uncle's mom's Singer 15-91, which I've used on a 66.  There's a screw on the back that adjusts which side of the needle the base of the foot will fall on.

If you don't have one and really want one, I have seen new feet online that are made for the old Singers, as long as you don't have the rear clamping 66.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012 12:14:11 PM »

Hey flutter-by! Thanks! I have one of those feet for my Kenmore. Unfortunately it won't work on my Singer as it does have the attachment at the back.  Undecided  I've found that particular foot is pretty poorly made too. (Mine is new. I'm not sure if yours is?) I wish I could find a sturdier one! I'm on foot #2 like that because I broke the first one before I could even use it.  Roll Eyes  Unfortunately I haven't been able to use my treadle for this project I'm doing but luckily my little Kenmore is powering through it better than I thought it would. Oh well. Hopefully I can use her on my next project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flutter-by
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012 01:37:26 PM »

Hey flutter-by! Thanks! I have one of those feet for my Kenmore. Unfortunately it won't work on my Singer as it does have the attachment at the back.  Undecided  I've found that particular foot is pretty poorly made too. (Mine is new. I'm not sure if yours is?) I wish I could find a sturdier one! I'm on foot #2 like that because I broke the first one before I could even use it.  Roll Eyes  Unfortunately I haven't been able to use my treadle for this project I'm doing but luckily my little Kenmore is powering through it better than I thought it would. Oh well. Hopefully I can use her on my next project!
I haven't actually used the foot.  The 15-91 machine died the beginning of the summer, and I haven't gotten around to taking it in to the shop yet.  I've been using my treadle instead (a rear foot Singer) with just the foot it came with.  I've found that foot to be small enough that I can sew zippers well enough without needing a special foot.

The zipper foot I have has the Singer number, but looks newer than the feet that came with the machine.  I inherited the machine and attachments box from my uncle's mother, who hadn't sewn in a good 10 years, so I don't know how old the zipper foot really is (never felt like trying to trace that number).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeannette Walls Unveils Her New Novel Half Broke Horses
T.D. Jakes Talks About the Memory Quilt
Author Kathleen Grissom Gives Some Advice to Writers
Caroline Myss Talks About Her Teachings
Laurie Abraham Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...