A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PROJECT RUNWAY: Season 6 - Episode 8 - Official Craftster Discussion Thread  (Read 1039 times)
Tags for this thread: project_runway_season_6_discussions  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2009 10:56:23 AM »

PROJECT RUNWAY: Season Six - Episode Eight (A Fashionable New Beginning)
Official Craftster Discussion Thread

Remember, no spoilers (that means don't talk about who won or lost the episode) until the West Coast episode is done airing.

EPISODE EIGHTLink to where you can watch this online:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/project-runway-episodes/project-runway-season-6-episode-8/videos
Photo gallery of all the creations from this episode:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-6-episode-8

Want to discuss other episodes? Use this link to see all the past discussions:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=project_runway_season_6_discussions
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
VintageGeek
Generation N

It's still cool to me, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009 09:57:44 AM »

For being such a good idea for a challenge, this sure was a boring episode.   Angry

What is it with this season?  Clearly they have the best group of designers - even the people I don't like are still really good, technically - and a good mixture of personalities.  So what's keeping it from being as exciting as previous seasons?  Is it the lack of model drama in the actual show?  Is it Lifetime's fault?  It seems to be the exact same show as it was when it was on Bravo, so I don't see how the station could be at fault.

I don't know, I'm just getting bored with it I guess.

Truth be told, I was kind of glad to see Epperson go, because it felt a lot like they were half-heartedly trying to make him the aggressive bad-guy of the group, but it wasn't really working.  However, I think Logan is dropping off.  Either that, or he never really had a design aesthetic to begin with.

But I was so pleased that Gordana won!!  She really deserved it.  She's worked very hard to be called a "talented dressmaker" more than once.  Her dress was gorgeous, and I thought it was perfect for the client.

But overall...it was kind of a slow, pokey episode, I thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009 10:11:50 AM »

You could see that there are 3 people that are slowly being worked off the show now, Eperson, who is now gone, Logan and Christopher.  Logan is petering off slowly, I don't think it's necessarily that he's lost his design mojo, but that he's just not feeling the competition anymore, something happened, prolly something that hasn't been aired for us to see.   Christopher's design wasn't the shiny garbage bag that they called it, but it was a tad dated, almost 80's like in feel and not in an updated happy way either. 

I'm glad Gordana won, if for no other reason than to wipe that nasty snotty grin off of Irina's face, but her dress was good too.  I kind liked the 'raw' edgey look it had. 

As much as I'm disappointed in the show this season, I'm in it til the end.  It's like a bad accident, you cann't help but slow down and look as you drive by it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VintageGeek
Generation N

It's still cool to me, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009 11:10:23 AM »

As much as I'm disappointed in the show this season, I'm in it til the end.  It's like a bad accident, you cann't help but slow down and look as you drive by it. 

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I'm in the same boat.  I've watched it religiously since the beginning, and it would take a pretty grievously bad season to turn me off of it forever.  I'm sticking with it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

N30Nb100d
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009 07:16:37 PM »

I agree, interesting idea, not that interesting an episode.
I love how everyone chose based on yardage in the beginning, then used so little of the dress fabric. I thought the challenge included using the dress in the outfit, which the two designs with the pants barely did. Epperson probably used the most of the dress and got kicked off for it.
I've been sort of indifferent to Epperson's designs, not liking or hating them, but I don't think he deserved to go home. There were worse designs than his.
Also, I'd like to know what Octoberfest Heidi goes to. I've never seen a dress like that related to Octoberfest before...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009 09:22:12 AM »

I have to admit, I haven't actually watched the show in weeks.  I flip through the gallery, and read what everyone here has to say, and find all that way more entertaining than the show itself.  I don't know if it's the challenges, or the contestants, but "boring" definitely sums it up.  Where's the flash and pizzazz like we had with Santino or Jeffrey Sebelia or Chris March?  They may have been annoying, but man could they sew something interesting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009 07:02:01 PM »

All I have to say is, how the hell is Christopher still here? He is making beautiful women look awful. That takes talent and not the good kind. I pray he is an amazing seamstress because, how did he even get on the show? Bottom two three times in a row? I think he is sleeping with the right person...Heidi had it right when she said he had no idea how to dress a modern woman...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
patchyemm
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009 12:27:23 AM »

I agree about Christopher I'm afraid - can't really see why he's still in it.  And I thought Epperson's dress was pretty - couldn't see a problem with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Minute Makeup Challenge
Glamour Magazine Celebrates Beauty Through the Decades
Makeup Genius Kandee Johnson Transforms Into Kim Kardashian in 30 Secs!
How to Create Kim Kardashian’s Smoky Eye
DIY Oil Cleanse
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...