A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,212
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweet November Scarf/Shawl *Pattern Included*  (Read 14752 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2009 01:55:10 PM »

Ok so a few days ago I was watching Sweet November and I couldn't stop wanting the scarf/shawl she was wearing. So I made my own Cheesy Sorry about the bad pics it is really hard to take pics of yourself in the bathroom mirror, especially pics of your own back LOL.

Here is a couple pics of what the scarf/shawl is supposed to look like

******UPDATE 11-20-09*****

Here is a pic to show an up close view of the stitches

I hope this helps clear up some confusion. (this is just the tip, not the whole thing)

Sweet November Scarf/Shawl
by: AprilDraven

for personal use only

J hook

Abbreviations:
Rnd: round
ch: chain
dc: double crochet

Yarn: I used a little over 6 oz of Caron Simply Soft 100% acrylic Worsted medium 4ply Autumn Red
(I don't know much about yarn so I just typed what was on the label. If someone wanted to explain what all that means it would be great)

ch 4, 1 dc in 1st ch, ch 3, turn (This forms beginning loop)

1 dc in loop, ch 1, 1 dc, ch 3, turn

(1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc)(in same loop) ch 1 (1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc)(in same loop) ch 3, turn

(1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc)(in same loop) (ch 1, 1 dc)(in next loop) (ch 1, 1 dc)(in next loop)(1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc)(in same loop) ch 3, turn

...continue pattern (1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc) in end loops so you are increasing 2 stitches every row

I had a total of 44 rows when I was done. (I think the scarf she has was a little longer but I have the movie on VHS and can't take a screen shot so I had to improvise LOL VHS hehe)

Fringe: I wrapped the yarn around a DVD case. I tied 2 pieces held together in each loop on the sides.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009 02:54:35 PM by AprilDraven » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sejimara
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009 02:11:26 PM »

Only my favorite movie of all time (besides Dumb and Dumber).  I actually just bought the DVD off ebay for $3 including shipping.
You did an awesome job and I really like the color!  Did you use a pattern or just freestyle?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009 02:14:05 PM »

Only my favorite movie of all time (besides Dumb and Dumber).  I actually just bought the DVD off ebay for $3 including shipping.
You did an awesome job and I really like the color!  Did you use a pattern or just freestyle?

Thanks, I wrote my own pattern for it Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chutzpaw
ravelry and etsy id: KellyRenee77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009 02:28:28 PM »

Do you sleep?  You've been posting a lot of new things lately!  And several from movies too, what a fun idea.  I hope I can eventually get good enough to see something and make it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty119
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009 02:39:11 PM »

I think you did a great job too! I got a good giggle out of thinking how many pictures you took trying to get the back one!! Smiley I love that movie as well. One of my favorites!! I think I bought it too... Smiley

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009 02:50:03 PM »

Do you sleep?  You've been posting a lot of new things lately!  And several from movies too, what a fun idea.  I hope I can eventually get good enough to see something and make it!
Yep I sleep Cheesy I just crochet really fast and I have so many projects to make still. *sigh* lol I think it is fun to make things from movies because most of the time you can't just go to the store and buy it or if you do it is hundreds of dollars because it was in a certain movie. Plus it is a good conversation starter at parties Wink

I think you did a great job too! I got a good giggle out of thinking how many pictures you took trying to get the back one!! Smiley I love that movie as well. One of my favorites!! I think I bought it too... Smiley

Great job!
lol oh it was a lot of pics. I kept getting pics of my ear or the wall, a couple were of half of it or just a corner. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cute_anarchy
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009 02:52:47 PM »

Wow, that's beautiful!  I think I like the color of yours even better than the one in the movie.  Despite what you say, I don't know how you have time to sleep, you've been making so much awesome stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009 03:01:12 PM »

Wow, that's beautiful!  I think I like the color of yours even better than the one in the movie.  Despite what you say, I don't know how you have time to sleep, you've been making so much awesome stuff!

Thanks Cheesy I have so many projects in my head so I crochet really fast to get to the next one lol. The next few projects are for my daughter so time to get those done Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ysmeine
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009 04:38:23 PM »

Great job duplicating it. I like the darker shade you used. It looks good with your coloring. Hmm, I might have to try this one. I just have to decide what color to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishgurll
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009 05:01:43 PM »

This is great!! Every time I've ever seen this movie I've so admired her scarf - can't wait to try out the pattern Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- I use antlers in all of my decorating -
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Naan Bread
How to Add the Tandoori Style Chicken to the Sauce
How to Prep the Ingredients for Butter Sauce
How to Cook Tandoori Style Chicken
How to Prepare Tandoori Style Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...