A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 307,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teacup-palooza  (Read 11676 times)
Tags for this thread: teacup , ceramic , craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ecuadoriana
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009 06:52:51 AM »

Ah, forget about making a "perfect" set. A perfect set is one where each individual is unique with special qualities, quirks, & surprises. Placed side by side they will create a beautiful mosaic of color, charm, & warmth. Just like people- especially craftsters & artists!!!

I can't make ceramic or glass, but I support the artists who do. I create perfect sets of candle holders, goblets, wine glasses, plates, bowls, & cups (& even handcrafted "oops" flatware & sewn crooked, hand embroidered napkins with dropped stitches!) by mixing & matching discarded "reject" pieces from several different artists. The reaction from the guests at my dinner table tell me that I achieved the perfect effect.

All your teacups are coveted by me & everyone else! My collectible faves are anything blue with spots of green.

I am hitting THIS ROCKS!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
melyssa_marie
so tacky its classy

tattooeddahlia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009 07:28:11 AM »

I adore the short little red one with the down sloped handle in the first picture and I love the mysterious one in the hat with the yellow inside. If they aren't suitable for ingestion could you maybe drill a hole in the bottom and use them for plants (probably non-edible plants, I would think) then you're sure no one will drink from them! Or maybe you could drill out the bases of a bunch and make a tall stacked off kilter one of a kind super amazing vase!!! ohhhh! ahhhhh! I would love to see that. That would be pretty in a kitchen, library, office, or next to my bed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skippityskipskipskip
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009 09:30:36 AM »

Thanks everyone!

My Perfect Teacup was the second photo, bottom left -- white outside, purple inside, fits perfectly in my hand. 

It was funny, though -- every single person who's seen the collection has had a different favorite.  Many of them have insisted that the ones I find *hideous* are the best.  Go figure.  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmouse01
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009 03:17:01 PM »

Personally, I wouldn't care about having matching tea cups.  I have sets of mugs (most non-matching) and fancy China cups (also non-matching).  Just set them out when you have company and let your friends pick their favorite to use that day!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

froggie0424
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009 06:28:37 PM »

Even if you don't like them as teacups, you might also use them as small planters or something.  Just a thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dreaminsanity

everybody, just pretend to be normal!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009 10:18:46 PM »

Oooh!
You should take the ones you don't want to use and pot little tiny plants in them and they could grow in the windowsill. How cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009 11:56:19 PM »

I know I for one would gladly love to swap for some of your "rejects"!!! I think they're beautiful! No need to shatter all the lovely cups after spending so much time on them when I'm sure there are others like me who can't do what you do (wish I could try though- no way to here!) and would love to adopt some of them! Just a thought... Wink

AHH! I feel your pain! I took a ceramics class a few semesters ago and my teacher INSISTED we make a set of four matching cups. I gave away about 20, and I still have boxes of them stashed around! I wound up proudly displaying the four he finally accepted as a matched set on the mantle above my fireplace for about six months, lol. Hope yours were more fun/less pressure to make!

Suesues, just like I said above, there's no need for those poor mismatched cups of yours to stay stashed away when I'm sure there are crafsters who would love them! (Hint hint) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009 03:59:17 AM »

Thanks everyone!

My Perfect Teacup was the second photo, bottom left -- white outside, purple inside, fits perfectly in my hand. 

It was funny, though -- every single person who's seen the collection has had a different favorite.  Many of them have insisted that the ones I find *hideous* are the best.  Go figure.  :-)

LOL - that's my favourite too!  I was thinking I like the shape of the body of that one.  Sloped, but not too wide.  I also like the black one in the group pic, but I just like black.  There is something so whimsical about all those teacups jumbled together like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009 09:48:30 AM »

WOW -- how fun!   Shocked

I'm a mug/cup fiend (just ask my SO), so I poured over your pictures for a lonnnggg time.
Personally, I'm intrigued by the amber/copper glowing one inside your sunhat!  Wish I felt skilled enough to propose an etched glass:tea cup swap...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
delfina
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009 03:31:37 AM »

They're all quite lovely. I think the darker blue one with the white interior is my favorite.

I used to do pottery and I have never been able to make matching teacups -- they always turn out a little different -- so I wish you luck on your quest! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009 03:32:06 AM by delfina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://youcraft.org -- free crafts classifieds
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DelfinaV -- Etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Crockpot Mac and Cheese
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Tutu Dress
Craft Challenge #117 Announced – Gingerbread House Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...