A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 315,688
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: In which I make EVEN MORE STUFF  (Read 1389 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SheriB626
Stuff on my head

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2010 07:45:11 PM »

Okay so I made a thread a few weeks ago with a TON OF STUFF

Since then, I have made not-quite-a-ton of stuff, so I will post it all here!

Okay when I first started to crochet, I made a hat for my dear friend Eric.  Since that day, he has worn the hat about five bajillion times.  I made him a hat about two years ago so he could have some variety; however, he decided that it was 'too girly' (link here).  He says it is 'powder blue,' I say it is 'steel blue.'  Whatevs.  So since he DOES NOT WEAR the awesome basketweave hat, I made him this one (at his request).  So far, he approves.

Yes, yet another ever-popular Divine hat, this time in a beautiful shade of purple (for a friend)!

So, about two years after making this scarf for my BFF Jarrod (who is now my boyfriend, omg!), I have finally fulfilled my promise of making him a hat to go with it.  Now all I have to do is mail it to him (he's currently living in Boston; I made the hat not-too-thick, though, since he's soon moving down here to Florida, and I want him to still be able to wear it).

For my dear friend from Ireland, a hat to match his scarf (which I did not make; I merely patterned the stripes after the scarf):

For me.  A Divine hat with a brim.  Not sure how much I like it.

A neckwarmer!  So useful here in Florida.  I dunno what I'm going to do with it.  Maybe I should open an Etsy shop, as everyone keeps telling me.  o.o

Finally, I finished a scarf to match this HOT PINK (I swear) and green earflap hat I posted in my last thread.  For a friend's GF.  This is my FIRST TIME doing a Chevron pattern!  I like it.  Cheesy

Thanks for looking!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010 07:46:09 PM by SheriB626 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly <3
chutzpaw
ravelry and etsy id: KellyRenee77

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010 05:01:14 PM »

I love them all but that scarf to match the hat in those BRIGHT colors is my favorite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
momcuellar
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010 08:02:47 PM »

wow, you are productive!!  How long does it take to make a hat?  My fave is the blue with the stripes going to Ireland.    Good job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Never Let It Fade Away.
Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Save It For A Rainy Day.
SheriB626
Stuff on my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010 08:30:00 PM »

wow, you are productive!!  How long does it take to make a hat?  My fave is the blue with the stripes going to Ireland.    Good job!!

Depending on the difficulty, it usually only takes a few hours.  I haven't timed myself yet, since I'm always busy doing other stuff and getting distracted.  I'd guess about 4-5 hours?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

momcuellar
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010 09:40:19 PM »

you're really fast!!  I looked at your pics again and I also love all the textures you use in your stitching. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Never Let It Fade Away.
Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Save It For A Rainy Day.
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010 10:48:00 PM »

Love the hats, esp the blue-and-white, and the Ireland scarf. And I envie how perfect the brim on the brim hat is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bigwdy27
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010 07:57:21 AM »

Grin  I like em all. Nice color and texture used.  How did u do your brim?  I cannot get mine so nice & sitff. Love your commentary, btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"mama can u help me find my green army man? last place i saw him was on the light bulb"  what!!!
SheriB626
Stuff on my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010 08:25:43 AM »

Grin  I like em all. Nice color and texture used.  How did u do your brim?  I cannot get mine so nice & sitff. Love your commentary, btw.

The brim isn't terribly stiff.  I can bend it and adjust it, but it's stiff enough to hold where I put it.

I switched to a smaller hook (um, G I believe, from J) and worked in SC rows.  When I connected the brim's yarn, I worked in the posts of the last row of SCs on the hat's bottom edge, so that the brim would come out from there.  Then I just worked back and forth, decreasing every other row.

If I were to do it again, I think I'd start the brim wider, as the end of the brim is a little narrow for my tastes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

humboldtcherry

Marching to the beat of a different accordion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010 09:55:58 PM »

WOW!!! You can crochet!!!! I love them all !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
The Art of Felt Making
The Art of Turkish Glass Blowing
The Art of Ebru
The Art of Turkish Calligraphy
The Art of Recycled African Culture Puppets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...