A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 28732 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #370 on: November 20, 2009 07:17:23 AM »

After a rather random sequence of Three-Stooges-type events (I play all three stooges in this rendering), I have finally managed to take pictures of the wonderful package I received from alteredmommy!  When I opened this package, all I saw were my favorite colors and ran to get my camera.  I successfully took a few pictures beginning here:

I am going to frame this card.  Beneath it, you can see a lovely knitted mitered scarf.  AM thinks this is not much of an accomplishment, but I have only knit one little swatch of mitered squares!  
 Look at the beautiful wrappings!  They are all fabrics that I intend to use wisely!  Next up, a felted necklace with stone pendant and copper wrappings!  
Holiday broochs!  I intend to use these on a packages (except for one which will adorn my coat).
 Nesting doll stitch markers!  I couldn't get a great shot of these.  Trust me, they are adorable!

Here is where my camera dies and I find a couple of used batteries to supplement my picture taking efforts.  Because the camera has died, I open everything (no use waiting around, right?)

It's tough to take it all in, but there are pens, zipperpull earrings, my altered journal (it's titled "A Graduated French Reader" - therefore, it's all in French, which is lovely as a background behind the paints AM used), a wonderful handmade cup, a Quilting Arts magazine (which is more art than quilting -- so awesome), all the fabrics, teas, chocolate soap (not sure I can be trusted with this),  hilarious "to - from" gift tags . . . I don't see the antler slice pendant.  hmmmm

The camera dies again here.  I am expected at my parents who are two hours south, so I pack up and leave.  My mom gives me batteries because heaven forbid that I should BUY any when she has some!  Cheesy  I love my mom.
Here is a close-up on the journal and cup -
The quote here is "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!" from Alice in Wonderland - the quote AM and I have in common.  Scattered throughout the pages are words I told AM I liked - :persnickety, slap-happy, and other nonsense.

Also included in this package were some Canadian treats - Bison jerky with Saskatoon berries and maple coated popcorn.  I'm sure they would have enjoyed being in the pictures, but they served as arbiters of frustration (love that "biter" is part of that word!) and I chomped them down.  YUM.  Thanks so much, alteredmommy!  I love my goodies!  Swapping with you was pure pleasure!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009 07:36:20 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: November 20, 2009 07:27:06 AM »

Alteredmommy - You should give yourself more knitting credit! The scarf is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: November 20, 2009 07:40:27 AM »

That scarf is amazing and I love the cup.  Bison jerky!  Yummm.  And I don't knit, but those stitch markers are pretty wonderful just to look at.  Great package.

And I'm glad that the saga with the batteries had a happy conclusion.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009 07:41:08 AM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #373 on: November 20, 2009 07:41:13 AM »

Alteredmommy - You should give yourself more knitting credit! The scarf is beautiful!

I agree.  I am not a big fan of scarves, but this one is AWESOME.  It is not very wide so I won't overheat, and it's long enough to wrap round my neck a couple of times without choking me to death. Made of luscious wool and in my most favorite colors - what could be better!  

And I'm glad that the saga with the batteries had a happy conclusion.

Me, too!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009 07:42:53 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

claire313

Make Tea, Not War!

« Reply #374 on: November 20, 2009 07:42:35 AM »

what a FABULOUS package!!!

so colorful Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #375 on: November 20, 2009 07:45:52 AM »

Wow, another amazing package. I love that mug. So pretty. Everyone got so spoiled!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #376 on: November 20, 2009 07:55:15 AM »

I love the glaze used on that mug, a lady in town made it (alas I have not thrown any pottery this year...)  And thank you for the kind words on my knitting, short rows are the only "advanced" thing I've managed to master in oh a few years Roll Eyes  I hope you have fun filling up your journal with whatever you feel like A2K, I figured you wouldn't have to go through the blank page paralization if I painted all the pages first....its always the blank page that gets me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
dreadlocklove
« Reply #377 on: November 20, 2009 07:57:52 AM »

That's a good variety of crafts!  I like the mug a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #378 on: November 20, 2009 08:00:34 AM »

I missed a reaaaaalllllly impressive item when I posted.  You will want to wist. 

This brooch is constructed of cloth petals and button center.  The writing on the lighter colored cloth appears to be Russian.  This is a WOW, no?  Thanks again, AM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AbbyRose
« Reply #379 on: November 20, 2009 08:30:32 AM »

IT came!!!! It finally came!!!! The colours/patterns are perfect and I am very happy Grin

Onto the pics!

Firstly, it appears as though something was trying to get out, or someone was trying to get in!!!!

The whole lot. Reversible apron, market bag, swiffer cover, zillions of mini not cards for my e-store, skittles for hubby, reversible fabric bin, magnet board, magnet letters and numbers for my daughter and a cute little card Smiley

Magnet Board that I LOVE!

Action shot of the reverse side of the apron and horrible pic of me... I swear, I am WAY more happier than this pic would lead you to believe Cheesy The apron fits me perfectly!

Action shot of mini-me and her magnets

THANK YOU OHMYWORD!!! WONDERFUL PACKAGE!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreatio ns.ca
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Age Paper
How to Age Wood
How to Antique Your Own Paper
How to Applique Quilts
How to Bind a Book
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...