A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 311,407
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 37037 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: November 18, 2009 01:16:45 PM »

question: I have been fiddleing with my new needle felting kit. What kinds of materials can you "felt" onto???

Anything it will stick to! Wool/animal fiber/fabric works really good, but I've also felted onto felt and fleece.  Try it and see, if you can pull it off easily then it probably isn't a good choice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: November 18, 2009 04:23:27 PM »

I was out all morning and knew that my package had been in Edmonton on the 15th..I thought that maybe it would get here today, but never would have expected them to just leave it!  So I didn't have to wait to go pick it up at the post office. Cheesy 

First of all, somehow I just knew that this package was going to smell good.  It must be dreadlocklove's study of herbalism that got me thinking this.  I wasn't even expecting any herbal products necessarily, but figured just being in her house would make it smell good.  And I was right!!  The first thing I noticed was the lovely smell. Smiley  And not just any smell - my favourite - lavender. Smiley  The funny thing is that I just smelled two different products in the last few days made with an artificial lavender smell and they made me realize how much I love the real thing.

So anyway, on to what was in this nice smelling box.  First, an apple cozy!  So cute -one of those things I've admired and wished I could make, but never planned to buy for myself - in other words, a terrific thing to get in a swap! The other item in this photo is the Bloomin' Belly Butter Jessica made for me.  It has avocado oil, coconut oil, beeswax and lavender essential oil in it (that's where the smell came from !).  This was at the bottom of the box, but it had to go into a group shot so I didn't end up cluttering up the page with TONS of photos.

Then, an adorable woodland elf hat and bootie set for the baby I'm working on. Wink  These practically made me squeal I was so happy about them.  There were also two patterns near the top of the box - one for baby clothes and one for ponchos. 

Crocheted slippers from my wist.  And brown is great, Jessica!  I have two skeins of this same yarn at home, actually.  I sewed the buttons on right away (she left that for me to do so they would fit me right) so I could get an good action shot.

A knitted tube hat that I'm totally in love with.  I have some that are similar on my wist, so this is very cool.  Perfect because my sister-in-law just made me a fleece-lined crocheted hat for my birthday but it's very warm, so this will be good for when I don't need so much warmth.

A beautiful green shawl - another wist item. Smiley

Finally, a lovely nursing poncho in dark brown that I'm super excited about.  I knew this one was coming, but didn't know the colour yet and I love it.  In some lights it looks purple.  Perhaps my partner can confirm the actual colour??  This is a nice blended natural fabric, too - bamboo, silk and cotton if I remember right.  Very light weight, which is great for nursing a baby, especially since baby is due in May and will pretty much be attached to me the whole summer. Smiley  I had a hard time getting a good action shot and if it's just lying down, it doesn't exactly give a good feel of what it looks like.  If my partner has a good picture, maybe she'll post it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
dreadlocklove
« Reply #362 on: November 19, 2009 04:04:27 AM »

I wish I could have made you so many herbal goodies!  But I only managed a lot of crocheting because it's one of the more convenient crafts sometimes when one has children...

The slippers look like they fit?  My feet are so much smaller than yours but I tried to measure with a ruler and guess a comfortable stretch.  The colour of the poncho is actually a dark purple - I can see why you think it's brown though.  I'm also glad that you liked the baby set, I was hoping I wasn't crossing any line.

I hope you can enjoy your package!

I have a photo of the poncho on my mannequin, I'll try to resize and upload a bit later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco
thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #363 on: November 19, 2009 05:11:30 AM »

All these people getting cute slippers are starting to make me think I need to make myself some!  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jca1982
« Reply #364 on: November 19, 2009 05:38:22 AM »

Cool stuff. That belly butter sounds AWESOME! I wish I had some of that when I was prego.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'If I wasn't born a woman, i'd have been a drag queen' Dolly Parton

My etsy!
https://MidwestBeauties.etsy.com
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: November 19, 2009 07:38:07 AM »

The slippers look like they fit?  My feet are so much smaller than yours but I tried to measure with a ruler and guess a comfortable stretch.  The colour of the poncho is actually a dark purple - I can see why you think it's brown though.  I'm also glad that you liked the baby set, I was hoping I wasn't crossing any line.

Yes, the slippers fit and I'm thinking about putting some fleece into the bottoms since my house gets so stinking cold in the winter and my feet are the first thing to feel it (all that laminate flooring..).  Yeah, it's so weird because the poncho really looked brown in all light until I was sitting next to my computer looking at it.  It's a good colour - I always like the ones that seem to morph based on lighting.  And I LOVE the baby set.  We are huge Tolkien and C.S. Lewis fans and so elf/dwarf/woodland creature stuff is great.  I've never associated them with new age spirituality or anything - more like mythology, which I have a bit of an obsession with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
katara
« Reply #366 on: November 19, 2009 10:29:25 AM »

Love the green shawl!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AbbyRose
« Reply #367 on: November 19, 2009 10:40:36 AM »

Still.... No... Package... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
ohmyword
« Reply #368 on: November 19, 2009 03:44:32 PM »

Still.... No... Package... Sad

Oh Grrr.. stupid mail system.  Can we figure out a way to transport our packages through the computer or something?  Tongue  I hope you get it before thanksgiving!  Oh nevermind, you're in Canada and I would have had to send it back in October to do that.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy

I do personal swaps.
AbbyRose
« Reply #369 on: November 19, 2009 07:02:50 PM »

Oh Grrr.. stupid mail system.  Can we figure out a way to transport our packages through the computer or something?  Tongue  I hope you get it before thanksgiving!  Oh nevermind, you're in Canada and I would have had to send it back in October to do that.   Wink

I know... it's so sad Sad Tommorrow will be day 10 of the "6-10 day" delivery guarantee. Although, it's not really a guarantee so I don't know why they call it that... Grrr!
Ya, why didn't you send it back in October?? Roll Eyes Hopefully there's nothing edible in there as it would be green now for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making White Cheddar Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Grilled Cheese and Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe - American
How to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Soup
Puff Pastry Coins - Presenting and Cutting
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...