A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 28630 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oneredboot
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2009 06:49:10 PM »

Yay!  I'm so glad you like everything, marethann!   We definitely have similar tastes, so it was extra fun to make things for you!  I got the tea wallet from A2K in Shop the Swap, and the needlebook is from pinkandinky, also in Shop the Swap. 

Also, did you see that the fabric in the embroidery kit has a matthew porter monkey in light blue ink?  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2009 08:06:32 AM »

Also, did you see that the fabric in the embroidery kit has a matthew porter monkey in light blue ink?  Smiley

Ahhh!! I didn't even notice that. How fantastic. You know I love Matthew Porter. I can't wait to stitch it up!

In case anyone is interested...Matthe w Porter is a local Seattle artist who does adorable work.
http://www.matthewporterart.com/shop.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 08:09:11 AM by marethann » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2009 12:54:08 PM »

I got my package from pinokeeo today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the amazing goodies - and get your wisting finger ready! Grin

The first thing I saw was this amazing ticket bowl. It's the perfect size and is so incredibly well made - I could put steel balls in that puppy and they wouldn't even make a dent. And I love how colorful it is - definitely will cheer up my craft room during the dull winter months!

And then I saw this and I squealed. I had wisted one of these that pinokeeo made for another swapper and was hoping against hope that I would get one. It's a pine needle basket and I can't even imagine the time that goes into this. I know it's a big photo, but I just had to show this off - the detail is stunning! This is going to be displayed in my living room - it's too pretty for me to put it in the craft room where I would be the only one to see it!

Next up is another item I wisted - a wood baby rattle! I should give it to my six month old niece, but I think I'm gonna keep it myself just in case Greg and I have kids someday. I mean, c'mon, this thing will be a family heirloom! Pinokeeo, I have no idea how you made this, but it's absolutely gorgeous and incredibly smooth.

And then I found some really cute scrabble coasters. These will be perfect for board game date night!

Snort couldn't wait to check out her gift! It's a tug-of-war rope with a tennis ball - she'll have lots of fun chasing after this!

Next up is something Snort-inspired, but it's for me! An adorable beagle puzzle that pinokeeo jigsawed (at least I think that's what she did). It's got a hanger in the back so I can hang it up - it's going to go to my office to cheer up my desk space. Wink

Here's a hilarious photo frame - it's not my fault! Unfortunately, I hear this more often than I would like from some of my employees.   Roll Eyes  Pinokeeo, what the heck happened to that car?!?

If all that wasn't enough, pinokeeo made me some pretty birch wood buttons. These are so sweet and will be perfect for a sweater I'm knitting!

And, last but certainly not least, she sent me a bunch of my favorite crack candy! I've already devoured about 1/3 of the box of sugar babies (shhhh, don't tell Greg) and can't wait to get my grubby little hands on all the other goodies! Grin

Thank you so, so much for a terrific package, pinokeeo! You spoiled me rotten and I can only hope you think the same thing when you get your package from me. Thanks again for swapping with me - you're the best!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 02:39:42 PM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2009 02:00:06 PM »

Wow, what wonderful packages.  Love the scarves and totes!  I absolutely adore that ticket bowl.  Come to think of it, I love everything you ladies have made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2009 02:23:34 PM »

Hey, Asphalt Queen.  I'm glad that you like your goodies.  You take some great photographs.  I don't think I could show off any better. 

As for the car, think Stephanie Plum, and you'll know what I was thinking. 

The ticket bowl is rigid because it has tons of glue and varnish on it.  I love this new technique I'm using.

The Snort-inspired photo is actually a children's puzzle that I cannibalized to make this photo for you.  I saw it and knew that's what I had to do.  I'm also glad that Snort likes her new toy.

Anyway, enjoy!  I'm looking forward to my package now.  I know it's going to be good.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 08:41:29 PM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
jca1982
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2009 02:35:51 PM »

What an awesome package! I love that ticket bowl and needle bowl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'If I wasn't born a woman, i'd have been a drag queen' Dolly Parton

My etsy!
https://MidwestBeauties.etsy.com
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2009 02:37:29 PM »

As for the car, think Stephanie Plum, and you'll know what I was thinking.  
 enjoy!  I'm looking forward to my package now.  I know it's going to be good.

Aha!!! I had completely forgotten you asked me about that - that's frickin' hilarious! (It was funny before but I didn't quite "get it" so I thought it was more amusing.) And I find it even funnier that, since it didn't dawn on me what you were referencing, I immediately thought of my employees. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2009 03:39:47 PM »

Great ticket bowl....love all the colors!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2009 03:56:18 PM »

I don't know if you can tell, but the ticket bowl isn't round.  It's an oval shape. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2009 06:17:13 PM »

Very Cool! It's so fun seeing the diverse talents of this group. That pine needle basket is incredibly unique and incredibly beautiful.

AsphaltQueen - Snort is adorable. She looks very happy with her new toy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Quick Easy Recipes for Busy Moms
Truffles Mac and Cheese Recipe
Baked Rice and Peas with Chicken Recipe
Tri Colored Baked Mac and Cheese
How to Make BBQ Beef in a Crockpot
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...