A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,342
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Autumn's Fall Scarf Swap GALLERY  (Read 12949 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2009 10:39:58 AM »

I know! If you hadn't told me it was wool, I never would've guessed. It was finally cold enough to wear it today, and it passed with flying colors. It was *technically* cold enough for a coat. Instead, I wore a sweater, arm warmers and a sweater. I was perfectly comfortable. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
pantsafari
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2009 11:16:11 AM »

Im posting pics tonight...sorry for the delay Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
stafishtaylz
Don't lose your dinosaur.

I have a rock, I have an iron.

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2009 11:41:51 AM »

Whoo hoo! I recieved my package from redstar13! She made a matching hat and scarf set out of this really soft dark dark grey yarn (which is showing up black in the pics). She also enclosed a lemon and ginger tea! I might have to hide this one from my husband who loves lemon tea, and has found a new intrest in ginger.

Pardon my look, I have been cleaning the house in my sweats since early this morning.
Also a photo of the scarf pattern, its very lacey and has a scalloped edge. I LOVE it!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH REDSTAR13! I LOVE EVERYTHING!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiLady
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2009 01:57:36 PM »

Finally I have pictures to post!

This is what I received from MiLady
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa143/Bugaboo1_photos/DSC05512.jpg

The scarf is beautiful, grey and white with a hint of sparkle. She created matching fingerless mitts with button backs and added in 2 skeins of yarn for me to make what I please.

Then she also sent me a pair of super soft slippers socks that now adorn my feet, I was waiting for the pics to be taken to put them on, a package of really cute tissues for my purse, a package of percy pigs which no we can't get in the US and they are really good, family has already scarfed them down. Then as an added bonus a little spoon to take to work to stir my coffee with.

I loved getting to know her so much during this swap and because she's a very busy girl as well I said I would post what I had my husband take pics of before they were sent.

This is most of what I sent:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa143/Bugaboo1_photos/DSC05339.jpg
and the scarf alone
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa143/Bugaboo1_photos/DSC05349.jpg
I spun up about 600 yards of alpaca/merino to create the scarf, mitts and bag and then another 140 yrs of an alpaca/llama blend to send with the package. I added in a bit of halloween candy, a scarf making kit and little rhinestone embellishment.

Thankyou so much bugaboo, you have been an awesome partner and the american sweeties have been scoffed hehehe!! I was SO appreciative of the scarf you made me this morning when I drove to work at 6:30am and it was freezing cold and foggy! Haven't decided what to make with my wool yet but I will let you know. Grin
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009 02:21:04 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: Please don't quote images! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2009 02:50:45 PM »

This was a fantastic swap! Thanks to the organizers for making it possible! You guys rock. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
Oops Creations
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2009 03:11:48 PM »

C'est Arrive.  It arrived.   

My package had a long journey from Canada to Massachusetts, but now its here.   Thanks to Desm88 for a fantastic package.

Here take a look....

A batch of cookies (recipe typed up below for your enjoyment)

Plus did you see that embroidered coffee cup cozy.. sweet

what else, why this neat little brooch-- similar to ones on my wists.  someone went craftser-stalking!

And of course the scarf... a lovely loooooonnnngggg scarf like I wanted.  Here I am coming in from the cold all bundled up with my new scarf.

and the whole package

----Recipe  Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from Desm88----- They are quite yummy

6 Tbsp margarine or butter
1 c granulated sugar
2 lg eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (separate into two 1 c portions)
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Cream margarine and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well, then add vanilla and beat until smooth.  Heat first cup of coholate chips in a microwaveable bowl for 2 minutes.  Remove and stir until smooth; add to margarine mixture.  Combine flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl-- add to chocolate mixture, mixing well until no flour remains.  Fold in second cup of chocolate chips. 

Pre-heat oven to 350 F and grease baking sheets.  Form 1 1/2 inch balls and arrange about an inch apart on cookie sheets.  bake for 12 minutes until edges are firm.  Let stand on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.  Yield about 30 cookies.  Enjoy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
panda
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2009 04:18:43 PM »

Wow ladies nice goodies even cookies to boot.  All of you have been great models. 

Stay warm.....panda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2009 04:47:36 PM »

Ohhhhh! I loooove that one! I absolutely love the white stripes. They looks so fluffy and soft! That's a great package. I really love how the broach and the cup cozy have subtle and dainty design. Very pretty. What a yummy surprise!  Wink Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2009 05:28:30 PM »

Whoo hoo! I recieved my package from redstar13! She made a matching hat and scarf set out of this really soft dark dark grey yarn (which is showing up black in the pics). She also enclosed a lemon and ginger tea! I might have to hide this one from my husband who loves lemon tea, and has found a new intrest in ginger.

Pardon my look, I have been cleaning the house in my sweats since early this morning.
Also a photo of the scarf pattern, its very lacey and has a scalloped edge. I LOVE it!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH REDSTAR13! I LOVE EVERYTHING!
\[/img]

SO glad you liked it!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

desm88
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2009 05:32:10 PM »

I'm glad you liked it, Oops! and nice action shot with the scarf Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Try This Honey-Dijon Twist on a Delicious Party Dish
Your Party Guests Will Love This Hawaiian Cheeseball
Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits With Strawberry Butter
How to Make Delicious Meatloaf Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...