A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,376
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Seeking name of a finding!  (Read 472 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: October 05, 2009 07:06:58 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find the name of a finding that is used for long crystals...it's kind of like a bead cap and is approx an inch long!  I believe they are plastic and are painted either silver or gold.  I used to have some, but they were bought a long time ago, so can't even remember where I got them from.  I can't even find a pic of one so I can include it with this post.....unless I take a pic of the one I have....maybe I'll do that.  In fact I will.

Sorry I can't help more, but that's the only way of describing it.

Hopefully someone can let me know what the name is, and perhaps even where I can buy them from please?

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009 11:59:09 PM »

I'm stuck unless it's a fancy bola tip. 

Check out my Etsy shop!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009 10:47:01 AM »

It kinda does look like a fancy bola tip, but I think it's a bead cap. If you look for "bead cap" or "cone" you should find what you're looking for. I've never seen them in plastic though, only silver, silver plated, brass or gold.

Offline Offline

Posts: 94
Joined: 29-Dec-2006

Jewellery Obsessed!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009 05:34:45 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's a cone-style bead cap, they're often used to hide the ends of several seed bead strands.
This ornate style is often known as "filligree". Hope that helps!

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009 07:41:35 AM »

Thanks for all the help everyone....they are indeed filigree cones and I have now purchased some.

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Banana Boat Sport Performance CoolZone Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 Review
Neutrogena Beach Defense Water + Sun Barrier Spray SPF 70 Review
CeraVe Sunscreen SPF 50 For Face Review
Supergoop Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream Review
Coppertone Kids Wacky Foam SPF 75+ Review
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2014, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.