A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: finally done hall tree  (Read 1406 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

twylag
« on: October 05, 2009 06:46:16 PM »

I posted this as a wip a while ago, but now after months and months, i am finally done.
here's the before: a shelf in my basement.  OK its not the exact before since we (my sister & I) ripped that one apart before I thought to take a picture of it.  The only difference is that one was a little bit longer/wider.

ANd here's the after modelled by my daughter.  No, not the room, just the fabulous hall tree.

complete with cedar shake shingles and authentic birds ... ok they are wood carved birds I got off ebay, but so what they are super cool little hooks.  I really debated on going out and getting some little bits of bird next to shove in one or two of the bigger holes, but thought that might be overkill.
Total cost of this project: one bag of chips, four bird hooks, one bottle of crackle medium, leftover paint, lots of whining about how I can't use a saw, and one mortgage without which I would have never had the opportunity to fill in the little nook by the door (the door only opens square to the fridge in case you are wondering why I even point that out in the picture.)  Oh and I guess I actually bought the baskets that are underneath from somewhere too.  Expensive things.  Ten bucks a pop or something like that on sale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atomic mary
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009 06:16:47 AM »

so funny, i was just on my way to get dressed so i could go out and do some shopping for materials for the hall tree i am going to make this weekend!
this is fantastic! i love the birds!
and i was going to use an old door or some paneling but i have planks of wood leftover from some very similar shelves so maybe i will have another look at that. thank you for the idea!
atomic mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mandalyn
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009 07:37:30 AM »

Wow!  An amazing transformation!  Loving it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."

J.K. Rowling
twylag
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009 05:35:05 PM »

thank you *so* much!  In all my deco projects and all my crafts and everything I have done in the past few years *this* hall tree is probably the thing I am most proud of.  It turned out *exactly* how my imagination pictured it when I first thought of making a bird house hall tree.  I am *so* 100 per cent happy with it.  Most of my projects are "meh" when I am done and I can point out all the flaws and stuff that make me displeased with the final, but this one ... the only thing I can say about it is that one nail poked through the board from the shingles and I managed to pull it out and back in properly.
so seriously this is my very best work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Paper Masks
How to Start Your Own Scrapbook
Off Book: Etsy Art and Culture
How to Hold a Crochet Hook
How to Slip Stitch Crochet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...