A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap October '09 Gallery  (Read 20585 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

attackofthequacks

glue addict - glitter glue, that is ;)

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 22, 2009 12:41:10 PM »

I recieved my 'altered playing card' ATC from Singalala  Smiley
'King of Hearts'

I love it  Smiley
Wherever you are Singalala, hope you're ok and Thank You!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for batik fabric or shrinky dink plastic - PM me!

My Wists: www.wists.com/attackofthequacks
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #401 on: November 22, 2009 01:24:17 PM »

What a beauty!  I love the little punched pieces of the heart card (near the bottom!!)

also, well drawn -- you are very talented singalala!!  I also hope all is well with you and that you will join us again!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #402 on: November 22, 2009 03:06:14 PM »

I got my card from Corduroy Cat a few days ago. My theme was nightmares, and I present you with "Financial Nightmares" !

I had to photograph it with the awesome card it came in.
It fits the theme perfect...and floating heads creep me out, so it's even better! Thanks so much CC. Now it's time to slip it into my binder!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #403 on: November 22, 2009 03:49:48 PM »

I received not one but two ATCs from Gossamer_Gull.

She claimed me for a Phoenix ATC called "Reborn" It's large so you can see the detail in the beautiful coloring.

And sent me a beautiful bonus Illustrated "R"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #404 on: November 22, 2009 05:41:24 PM »

That floating heads card creeps me out!  So cool! Smiley

I love the Phoenix and R cards too!  Although who am I kidding -- I think I love pretty much every card in this gallery.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #405 on: November 22, 2009 06:09:23 PM »

yeah--floating heads with blacked out eyes...not at all creepy... Shocked totally on target

the Phoenix rising is beautifully colored and the teal in the R is just gorgeous

it has been fun going between the two galleries, being awed and inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyface
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

« Reply #406 on: November 22, 2009 08:59:27 PM »

I didn't know that it was ok to post a card that didn't find its way to its new home, but now that I do, here's the puns card that never made it to macnatalie.  I spent quite a while looking for the best pun, and this one was definitely my favorite, I actually LOL'd and mr. bunnyface thought I was crazy.

So, I'm bummed it got lost, and that I had to pick another pun for her replacement (on the off chance that this one is taking the scenic route and will find its way in time, keeping my fingers crossed).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #407 on: November 22, 2009 09:23:56 PM »

lol--my sister and I often laugh at goffy puns...more like snort and guffaw---that card was so well done!  I hope it makes it to a home, but if not, at least we all got to enjoy it through your photo!! Thanks for making me laugh!

Can't wait to see the next one!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettyinpaisley
« Reply #408 on: November 22, 2009 09:48:52 PM »

I received these two beautiful cards from Schnerby from my political statement theme

Schnerby, posting them has been a success. Also, don't apologize for your handwriting, I think it's beautiful.

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafting blog: www.prettyinpaisley.com

Www.wists.com/prettyinpaisley

Sketchbook project: "Boys and girls"
schnerby
« Reply #409 on: November 23, 2009 03:48:32 AM »

Cheesy I think that was broken finger handwriting. It's a little dodgier than usual.

The first one is a quote from Mao Zedong. The enemy, in this case, are those who do not support communism. Around the outside is a quote a Tibetan yelled at Chairman Hu Jintao in Tibetan, Chinese and English. In English he said "You can cut me out of political life and relegate me to the edges, but you can't shut me up!"

The money I but up is the 1 jiao note. It's the smallest denomination. Only the 1 jiao, 2 jiao and 5 jiao notes don't have Mao Zedong's face. They are like 10 cents, 20 cents and 50 cents. The two faces I cut out were minority people, just like minority people are cut out of many facets of life here. The Tibetans are mostly Buddhist. The Uighurs and Hui people are mostly Muslim. Mant other minorities I can't list here are also religious. I live in a Hui minority Muslim area with the surrounding villages being Christian. If you want to join the Communist Party you must tick 'no religion', meaning many minority people cannot join. If you're not a party member you put a glass ceiling on your career and reduce your political influence significantly.

Now, the second one is a small smuggling cartridge. Some Uighur people showed me how to make them (the Uighurs, for those who don't know, are the ones who live in NW China that want to be independant and were caught up in the riots a few months ago). The Tibetans also use them. They use larger, non-ATC-size, cards as fake walls in boxes and other containers. If PrettyinPaisley feels so inclined she can slit the cartridge open along the side. The reason they use them is text messages/phone calls out of Tibet and Xinjiang (home of the Uighurs) are heavily monitored. Internet connection is rubbish, slow and monitored and post is all opened and inspected. Since many of the messages coming out of these provinces would not be pleasing to the Chinese government, they use smuggling cartridges. Free Tibet/Xinjiang/Taiwan is a cause I feel strongly about. I love the Chinese people. I detest the government.

I am currently blocking my IP address. If I search the internet for 'Free Tibet' (or anything else they don't like) without my blocker on my internet will be closed down for a few hours. Facebook is blocked. So is Twitter, but I can use them with Witopia, a proxy program. Even typing this stuff would slow me down for days and cause heavier than usual monitoring.

(Pretty in Paisley requested a political statement - please excuse the rant and if you want to disagree please do so via PM, Craftster doesn't allow political discussions. I felt I needed to explain my cards)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mr. And Mrs. Beauty Challenge
Makeup Brushes Guide
How to Do a Cat Flick
Beauty Product Debates - What Ones Are the Best?
Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Review
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...