A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Costume  (Read 671 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fallingstarnjt
« on: October 04, 2009 06:59:28 PM »

So I'm looking to either combine things I have or make something for a Halloween costume. My dilemma is that I want to look cute and/or sexy for going out with my friends and boyfriend that night but I'm also a teacher in a school for 3rd- high school so I can't go too revealing. I'm willing to put on some pants under a skirt if it ends up being short but I'm looking for help on this one. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
parvastella22
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009 09:33:06 PM »

Last year I went as Minnie and wore a strapless dress with black tights. During school (I'm also a teacher) I wore a tight black shirt but it was because I couldn't complete a matching shrug in time.

This year I made a zebra romper. Basically a hoodie and shorts sewn together. I got many compliments for both so far, but the romper is so far my favorite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fallingstarnjt
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009 05:50:59 AM »

Interesting idea, Thanks for the advice, I'm not sure if my school does Halloween yet since I'll start in about a week and a half, but i don't want to be caught with just revealing things in the costume closet. Plus I want to dress up for me anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009 06:26:48 PM »

You will probably find more help on our Halloween Board. Minnie sounds like a good, family friendly idea. Or other childhood characters such as Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gnarlyis3
Jessica R

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009 07:59:36 PM »

If you choose a costume with a hat that has a very well-defined character to it, the hat alone can stand in as a costume. For example, spending your money or time making one really good cone-head, bunny, cat, or princess hat allows you to wear regular clothes and yet still be understood to be 'in character'. It has the added benefit of being able to take off the costume if you need to go somewhere where you don't want to wear it after school or wear comfortable clothes if you need to do things that a costume would be very clumsy would make difficult. Finally, having the one good piece will last you though many impromtu parties that you don't know what to go as or didn't have time to make a new costume if you keep it and you can continue to upgrade the rest of your costume or modify that piece into different costumes. For example - This year in school you might just wear bunny ears and to the party later you will go as Jessica Rabbit from the 'Rodger Rabbit' movie but at Easter you will be a cute white Easter bunny and somewhere down the line the ears may end up on your boyfriend's head - Silly Rabbit! Trix are for kids!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hoops & Scissors, Needles & Thread.
Don't loose pins while on the bed!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why Film?
LIZ PD15: Film Comparisons
Tension on Set!!
Loading the Film - Tutorial Trailer
Pre Production for the Teaser
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...