A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Brite portrait in straws  (Read 12925 times)
Tags for this thread: rainbow_brite , drinking_straw , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Im Sew Silly
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009 09:06:24 PM »

this is great! wonderful job!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
littlebluegirl
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009 04:06:45 AM »

This totally rocks.  I LOVE Rainbow Brite.  I can't believe this is made from straws!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psychonmemphis
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009 12:33:25 AM »

i never decide who i will vote for on the first look but you got mine 1000% i am being rainbow brite for Halloween and got toys of her, she is freaking great! love it and will sure be trying it for myself! any tips? what adhesive did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

13 Days of Halloween: co-organizing
Coraline swap rd 4: organizing
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/psychonmemphis
I would really like to swap for a quilt for christmas, i will swap anything from supplies,crafts to my etsy shop items! please pm me asap!
blackriverlily
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009 01:54:19 AM »

f*ckin sweet

can i say that? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009 11:53:32 AM »

i never decide who i will vote for on the first look but you got mine 1000% i am being rainbow brite for Halloween and got toys of her, she is freaking great! love it and will sure be trying it for myself! any tips? what adhesive did you use?

thank you Smiley
I used PosteRazor (free download, just google it) to size the picture and print it out the size I wanted over multiple pages. And then I traced the picture onto the foam board first and used Mod Podge to glue the straws down, you could probably use Elmer's glue just the same. Just make sure not to trace the design on too dark, the red and yellow straws seemed to be pretty see through. And good luck finding solid white straws, all of the white straws I found had colored stripes. I checked Hobby Lobby, Craft 2000, Flower Factory, Joanns, Michaels, Walmart, Kroger, The Dollar Tree, Big Lots an a Party Store. I even tried looking for clear straws. A lot of restaurants have solid white straws so I didn't think about maybe a GFS or some place that sells things in bulk or for restaurants. Or you could always take a bunch from a fast food restaurant. If you can't find them I used white balloon sticks that I found at Hobby Lobby that are plastic and hollow and they were they same size as straws but a little thicker so they weren't as easy to cut but I didn't need much white so it wasn't so bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psychonmemphis
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009 06:14:57 PM »

oh wow thank you so much! i am so going to try this out asap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

13 Days of Halloween: co-organizing
Coraline swap rd 4: organizing
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/psychonmemphis
I would really like to swap for a quilt for christmas, i will swap anything from supplies,crafts to my etsy shop items! please pm me asap!
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009 07:20:38 PM »

I'm blown away!!!  in the thumbnail, I thought it was a picture on a shirt made from puffy paint or something.  but then I realized it was in the drinking straw challenge, so I had to see what's up.  those really are straws!!!!!  holy crow woman!  this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
takocos
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009 08:19:38 PM »

that, is badass
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snazzyjazzy
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009 09:20:01 PM »

I would buy that, its FREAKING AMAZING!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009 09:53:12 PM »

This is so cool!  Congrats on the great idea and great execution.  Rainbow Brite rules!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 2
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 1
Object of the Game in Backgammon
Pieces of the Board in Backgammon
The Basics of Backgammon
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...